Mar 28, 2024, 11:55 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Lost Islands] Mod Reccomendations.

Started by blalp, Sep 21, 2016, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natsudragneel00

Some hacker attacked when i was last on but now i destroyed the chests with the hacked items but now it keeps crashing me. Also can i be unbaned i was banned and i havent been able to join ;-;

blalp

Quote from: natsudragneel00 on Oct 25, 2016, 12:16 PMSome hacker attacked when i was last on but now i destroyed the chests with the hacked items but now it keeps crashing me. Also can i be unbaned i was banned and i havent been able to join ;-;
please us this form to request an unban. https://www.superfuntime.org/forms/unbanreq.php
Have a fantastic day!

natsudragneel00

lol i mean i was banned after i kept crashing

Rose2247

Quote from: natsudragneel00 on Oct 25, 2016, 05:59 PMlol i mean i was banned after i kept crashing
If you want to be unbanned you need to fill out an unban request. You can do so Here
But please stop posting in this topic as it is for mod recommendations for the server.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Drybones54738

I'd like to suggest a "Memory Cleaner". There usually small, usually unnoticeable, and can help keep the cache cleared and the server running smoother and faster. I'd also like to suggest getting Liteloader and the minimap mode for Liteloader. You won't have to get rid of Sanguinite to fix Rei's Minimap and it usually runs better than Rei's anyway, taking up less memory client side and just being more compatible.

blalp

Quote from: Drybones54738 on Oct 28, 2016, 05:47 AMI'd like to suggest a "Memory Cleaner". There usually small, usually unnoticeable, and can help keep the cache cleared and the server running smoother and faster. I'd also like to suggest getting Liteloader and the minimap mode for Liteloader. You won't have to get rid of Sanguinite to fix Rei's Minimap and it usually runs better than Rei's anyway, taking up less memory client side and just being more compatible.
Sanguinite breaks almost all minmaps. We are removing it once @saywhat2365 gets time
Have a fantastic day!

pjmw2000

I'll do some research when I have free time. I used to design modpacks so I'll put together a list. Some may be a little hardcore :D

XxRagingKillerX

hey all
Magical crop beta 5 adds thaumcraft and ars magica seeds making it work for more mods that we already have in the server giving it some more ways to get the items
for thaumcraft adds shard seeds so its easer to get shards which is kinda annoying to get at this point on the server same with ars

ive been playing for around 550h o the server hopeing they keep updating

Lost is a server that can only get better :) <3
Rage
Raging
Craigo

blalp

Quote from: Jedidog1 on Dec 20, 2016, 01:07 AMcould you add the inventory pets mod? i think that it would help the flow of the server and it would make the fight against the chaos guardian a lot easier.

the mod allows for players to craft pets they keep in there inventory and they eat a specific  type of food depending on the pet. certain pets cannot be crafted however but can be found in clouds. this could offer a series of new reward for events on the server and would make it a lot more interesting in my opinion.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: rjgalano on Jan 25, 2017, 05:30 PMHatchery is a fun mod involving farming chickens for resources. It might not sound fun but if you look into it is
Have a fantastic day!

Rose2247

Quote from: Fractalion on Sep 28, 2016, 03:40 AMI'd recommend looking at Binnie's Mods. There are four, Extra Bees, Extra Trees, Botany, and Genetics.

Extra Bees and Genetics are the two mods that (in my opinion) make the Forestry mod great. They turn Forestry into a mod that you can really focus on, whereas right now I would consider it to be a thing you can do a very select few things with. If I had to choose two mods to add, these would be the mods I would choose. Extra Bees adds a bunch of bees that have a variety of effects and a number of special products. (Copper bees produce copper, for example) Genetics makes bee breeding far more accessible, and much less time consuming. (It still takes a while, but it takes the grind out of it)

Extra Trees is nice for decoration, and the builder in me would love it, but other than that I'm rather indifferent when it comes to this one.

As for Botany, I've never used it so I don't really know what all can be done with it. I only mention it because it's related, not necessarily because I want it.

I really think that we should add this.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Schokofrosch1401

I have some mod ideas that can make the server better the first mod is galacticraft i only mean it is so cool to fly to the moon  ;) the second mod was mekanism because it helps to produce energy and make us a little bit stronger  :heart:  :diamondsword: and mc helicopter + flans mod so you can fight better vs the chaos dragon and 2 mods to make the islands beautiful decocraft + chisel

i hope that some mods are coem in thee modpack

blalp

Quote from: Schokofrosch1401 on Mar 04, 2017, 07:52 PMI have some mod ideas that can make the server better the first mod is galacticraft i only mean it is so cool to fly to the moon  ;) the second mod was mekanism because it helps to produce energy and make us a little bit stronger  :heart:  :diamondsword: and mc helicopter + flans mod so you can fight better vs the chaos dragon and 2 mods to make the islands beautiful decocraft + chisel

galacticraft: my experience is this mod is very fun, but kills servers.
mc helicopter: love mc-heli. All my friends hate it b/c I used it so much and slowed server to a crawl. Also, where would you use a helicopter? the island is only 105 blocks wide
flans mod: there is not that much pve or pvp and I don't think these would even dent the chaos dragon
decocraft: we have mr crayfish' Furniture mod, how is this different?
chisel: maybe. I think it would be a nice addition.
mekanism: only has a few items that are not coverd by other mods we have (this mod is good though). Adding a mod for only a couple items doesn't make much sense though.
Have a fantastic day!

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: blalp on Mar 04, 2017, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Schokofrosch1401 on Mar 04, 2017, 07:52 PMI have some mod ideas that can make the server better the first mod is galacticraft i only mean it is so cool to fly to the moon  ;) the second mod was mekanism because it helps to produce energy and make us a little bit stronger  :heart:  :diamondsword: and mc helicopter + flans mod so you can fight better vs the chaos dragon and 2 mods to make the islands beautiful decocraft + chisel

mc helicopter: love mc-heli. All my friends hate it b/c I used it so much and slowed server to a crawl. Also, where would you use a helicopter? the island is only 105 blocks wide
flans mod: there is not that much pve or pvp and I don't think these would even dent the chaos dragon
mekanism: only has a few items that are not coverd by other mods we have (this mod is good though). Adding a mod for only a couple items doesn't make much sense though.
How come every time I suggested chisel you gave me a resounding no?

blalp

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Mar 04, 2017, 08:34 PM

It was denied last time and at that time I had not used the mod yet. I have since used it and relized forgemicroblocks are different than chisel
Have a fantastic day!

Void_Sentient

Quote from: blalp on Sep 28, 2016, 02:19 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 28, 2016, 12:15 AMAnother useful thaumcraft add on is Thaumcraft Inventory scanning, it basically makes it so you can scan items in any inventory if you have a thaumometer hovering over the item.
couldnt you just drop the Items? An entire mod beacuse you are too lazy to drop it? And you don't scan very often.

I mean, its pretty useful if you want to scan a crap ton of items. There is that and the fact that if you have a ring of magnetization, it may be too late to get the Thaumometer out before the item gets sucked back into your inventory.
Void~

Fractalion

Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Mar 08, 2017, 01:09 AM
Quote from: blalp on Sep 28, 2016, 02:19 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 28, 2016, 12:15 AMAnother useful thaumcraft add on is Thaumcraft Inventory scanning, it basically makes it so you can scan items in any inventory if you have a thaumometer hovering over the item.
couldnt you just drop the Items? An entire mod beacuse you are too lazy to drop it? And you don't scan very often.

I mean, its pretty useful if you want to scan a crap ton of items. There is that and the fact that if you have a ring of magnetization, it may be too late to get the Thaumometer out before the item gets sucked back into your inventory.

But again, it's an entire mod for something you don't need to do very often, and isn't very hard to do anyway. Just take off the ring when you need to scan stuff.

Darknessfreddy

The mod Matter OverDrive and make the android parts craftable and the weapons and the mad scienst spawn egg avabile in donatorshop and or make androids spawn naturally without them being the a main spawn mob like tone down the spawn rate just dont make them rare

Darknessfreddy

Quote from: blalp on Mar 04, 2017, 09:08 PM
Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Mar 04, 2017, 08:34 PM
Quote from: Schokofrosch1401 on Mar 04, 2017, 07:52 PMI have some mod ideas that can make the server better the first mod is galacticraft i only mean it is so cool to fly to the moon  ;) the second mod was mekanism because it helps to produce energy and make us a little bit stronger  :heart:  :diamondsword: and mc helicopter + flans mod so you can fight better vs the chaos dragon and 2 mods to make the islands beautiful decocraft + chisel

It was denied last time and at that time I had not used the mod yet. I have since used it and relized forgemicroblocks are different than chisel
Decocraft is different from Mr CrayFish that is has more actual decoration and it looks a lot better than MrCrayfish some items look better and have more animatedness (is that a word? idk but i digress) and look more realistic and they have like a hammock and other and if they want skeletons to decorate their dungeon if their in to that kind of thing they also have better looking beds and couches.

blalp

Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 13, 2017, 07:27 PMThe mod Matter OverDrive and make the android parts craftable and the weapons and the mad scienst spawn egg avabile in donatorshop and or make androids spawn naturally without them being the a main spawn mob like to ne down the spawn rate just dont make them rare
Mod looks p cool. Would need to test it and see if it is too OP.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 13, 2017, 07:42 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 04, 2017, 09:08 PM<snip>
Decocraft is different from Mr CrayFish that is has more actual decoration and it looks a lot better than MrCrayfish some items look better and have more animatedness (is that a word? idk but i digress) and look more realistic and they have like a hammock and other and if they want skeletons to decorate their dungeon if their in to that kind of thing they also have better looking beds and couches.
If it is better then it would be better if we removed Mr Crayfish's and added Decraft. Still need to look into it more though
Have a fantastic day!

Mord3005

decocraft lets you make decorations themselves, like tables etc, while mrcrayfish lets you make your buildings prettier. I agree that decocraft is "better" for decorating, but mrcrayfish can make your buildings smoother, you can use whatever block to "colour" your stuff and such. So in my opinion I'd keep both, as they're for pretty different parts of decorating
Modded Ex-Owner

Mord3005

also, the matter overdrive mod has two things i'd guess could be a bit op: to become an android (no hunger, no potion effects, some abilities like koght vision, high jump, more damage/defense, but needs power to stay alive) and the reactor, which only needs cobblestone to produce quite a lot of energy, once you've got a gravitational anomaly (kinda like aura nodes, but can destroy terrain when fed too much) inside. Both the reactor and the android stuff isn't too easy to get, so newcomers wouldn't have it right away
Modded Ex-Owner

Tyler7733

Quote from: Mord3005 on Mar 14, 2017, 06:06 AMalso, the matter overdrive mod has two things i'd guess could be a bit op: to become an android (no hunger, no potion effects, some abilities like koght vision, high jump, more damage/defense, but needs power to stay alive) and the reactor, which only needs cobblestone to produce quite a lot of energy, once you've got a gravitational anomaly (kinda like aura nodes, but can destroy terrain when fed too much) inside. Both the reactor and the android stuff isn't too easy to get, so newcomers wouldn't have it right away
The problem with being immune to being to potion effects is that wipes out so much of the game... for example, the draw backs of cleavers, witchery effects, warp effects, 90% of the effect of pech's curse, and the effect of quite a few blood magic sigils, soul fray(so people would death spam with blood magic). Half the people on the server would hate it, for the other half, it would probably stack with draconic evolution, then death would never be a thing...
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Mord3005

@Tyler7733 i know that the android part would wipe out a lot of stuff, that's why i mentioned it, but you could simply disable it by banning the red pill and the mad scientist, cuz you can't become an android otherwise
Modded Ex-Owner