[Survival] Mythic Mobs

Started by Towelie, Oct 03, 2016, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I have added a new plugin to Survival called Mythic Mobs.
This is something @Dpa1991 has played with back in the day. It allows us to add custom mob bosses.

Currently we have a Skeleton King boss which may spawn randomly around the world. It spawns minions (other skeletons) and it's pretty tough to beat (500 hp) but if you beat it you have a chance of winning a special prize (xp, gold nuggets or as a rare drop, the king's crown).

I currently have both @misspiggy95 and @Katherine learning how to use the plugin and how to write new mobs for it, so expect to see new mobs within 1-2 weeks.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Im_NoT_Alex

xQuicScopex

didn't we have this before and it broke almost everything?

Britney1177

Sounds cool! :O Can't wait to see the new mobs!  :D

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 03, 2016, 06:09 PMdidn't we have this before and it broke almost everything?
Yeah, that was way back. THey added a way to kill all spawned mobs now. Back then you had no way of killing them and that was the problem

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

xQuicScopex

oh ok :p as long as it works now cause it was fun to have

Doctor_Thanos

Really nice! I remember something similar back in the day I was a Member and would really like to see something like this back! It was rather interesting!

Thanks a lot for all the work you're putting into it @misspiggy95 and @Katherine ! ;D

HD

:o interesting mobs, could be very useful if we could use them for events?

blakus87

This will be an awesome addition.

blakus87

Quote from: blakus87 on Oct 03, 2016, 08:48 PMThis will be an awesome addition.

Correction. IS and awesome addition

Stancrazy

Does this mean the lightning sheep has returned? And the extremely enormous slime?  Or is the Skeleton King the only mob able to be spawned thus far?

misspiggy95

Quote from: Stancrazy on Oct 03, 2016, 11:10 PMDoes this mean the lightning sheep has returned? And the extremely enormous slime?  Or is the Skeleton King the only mob able to be spawned thus far?
All 3 were spawned this morning when we were playing around wth it

Melons are love. Melons are life

Patrail_

Sounds fun! Can't wait to have a dungeon styled mob boss fight!
High stress is fun stress, am I right?
 Pocket Edition Manager

SuperJK

I might go back to Survival to see thoes mobs

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Izzdaer

@Towelie idk if you still have the old qwest files but that plugin was loaded with a load more mobs as a mixture of ones I made and ones I sourced, more than just the default ones like the skeleton king that came with the plugin, I might have them somewhere if you deleted it

Towelie

Quote from: Izzdaer on Oct 04, 2016, 09:55 AM@Towelie idk if you still have the old qwest files but that plugin was loaded with a load more mobs as a mixture of ones I made and ones I sourced, more than just the default ones like the skeleton king that came with the plugin, I might have them somewhere if you deleted it
I'll look into it when I get home. I think I still have the server files backed up somewhere.

xJade

I remember suggesting a plug-in like this way back :O never new it was already made! Can't wait to see it!

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Stancrazy

Is there any chance we could obtain a sort of spawn rate listing, and what time/place mobs spawn at? So far, I've only seen a single Skeleton King mob. To clarify, the slime, giants, statically charged sheep, etc. are spawnable?

Zesty

Quote from: Stancrazy on Oct 06, 2016, 08:49 AMIs there any chance we could obtain a sort of spawn rate listing, and what time/place mobs spawn at? So far, I've only seen a single Skeleton King mob. To clarify, the slime, giants, statically charged sheep, etc. are spawnable?
As you already know by the one I found you, from the looks skeleton kings spawn in deserts at night, so until someone else replies with the list that's probably the best spot to look
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Izzdaer

Oct 06, 2016, 04:37 PM #20 Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 04:49 PM by Izzdaer
Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Oct 06, 2016, 10:40 AM
Quote from: Stancrazy on Oct 06, 2016, 08:49 AMIs there any chance we could obtain a sort of spawn rate listing, and what time/place mobs spawn at? So far, I've only seen a single Skeleton King mob. To clarify, the slime, giants, statically charged sheep, etc. are spawnable?
As you already know by the one I found you, from the looks skeleton kings spawn in deserts at night, so until someone else replies with the list that's probably the best spot to look

As far as the defaults for the skeleton king that comes with the plugin as default the time of day and biome has nothing to do with the spawning of the mob whatsoever, unless thats something @Towelie has edited himself which i doubt at this point as they are trialing this plugin, but is however entirley possible, as in regards to spawning mythic mobs offers alot of options:

Mob Spawners:
Creating powerful custom Mob Spawners to spawn your Mythic Mobs at specific locations, with optional timers, conditions, attributes, cooldowns, etc!

Spawning Control:
Set your custom mobs and bosses up to spawn randomly in different areas of the world, based on any number of conditions you can specify. You can replace natural spawns completely!

As its all set up via tow a 'listing' of sorts would require a little organisation but is most certainly possible.

UGaming

Hi, I am a MythicMobs Dev that does cheap work for servers or individuals. If you would like any custom mobs for this feel free to let me know. I am always looking for a new project. :)

If you would like to check out my previous work

http://www.mc-market.org/threads/154794/

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile