Mar 29, 2024, 12:00 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

About what happened yesterday

Started by Towelie, Oct 27, 2016, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Oct 27, 2016, 02:12 PM Last Edit: Oct 27, 2016, 02:36 PM by Towelie
So, a bunch of you caused a scene in public chat and then messaged me to report that @abandoncaptian didn't make the wings plugin and/or copied it from other spigot plugins which you then proceeded to link me to.

I'd like to say a few things:
- Public shaming a guy who spends his own free time developing plugins for SFT is a really bad thing to do. If you had reason to believe he didn't actually make the plugin / stole code it would've been better to just message me with your concerns rather than publicly shame the poor guy
- Before making the Wings plugin, he made another plugin for SFT (a boss broadcast plugin which I haven't added yet).
- He was very straightforward to me saying he doesn't know much about particle manipulation and I suggested asking other devs or posting on spigot
- Yes there are other Wing plugins out there. Yes the wings look the same. However, it's not just our wings plugin that looks similar to others, all wings plugins look almost identical because: 1. particles in minecraft are all the same. you can't make custom particles. 2. the shape is the same because they likely all used the same equation for the wing shape, which was obtained by asking other devs / doing research
- Most Wings plugin to the date were broken / did not work properly on 1.10.2. @abandoncaptian 's works perfectly and he spent time customizing them to my requirements.
- @darknuju has seen the code abandon has wrote. I ask an older experimented dev to look at the code of each plugin made by newer devs. This is because a) they may include malicious code b) they may steal plugins and pass them as their own. Because of that, I know that, without any reasonable doubt, b) is not possible in this case
- I have zero problems whatsoever with my devs using other plugins for inspiration. Everyone does that. As long as they don't steal chunks of code, everything they make is fair game. Huge things like facebook and windows and all sorts of programs you use every day are made by devs working together, borrowing ideas from each other and some times even copying from each other (not copying code, copying ideas)

I mean look at SFTMMO. Some may agree, some may not, but we took some ideas from MCMMO and then customized them to our needs, and added more unique stuff to our plugin. That doesn't mean we copied MCMMO in any way.
Look at Minecraft ffs... it's inspired by Infiniminer, and Notch proudly admitted that on his own.

@abandoncaptian will receive Developer as planned, I and @darknuju have seen his work, not only from the wings plugin but also from the boss broadcast plugin and the Sabotage re-make that darknuju and amusingthrones and abandon are working on.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Lucy_23x

I like Abandon... i wouldnt think he would have lied.
This is kinda sad to hear.
Even so, congrats on dev @abandoncaptian  ;)

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

AidenBwah

I didn't even know that this happened, so I don't have anything to say towards it. In any case, grats on dev abandon!

SashaLarie

Britney1177

I got to test the wings a few days ago and I have to say they are amazing. Congrats @abandoncaptian on dev!  :D

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Bakonator

I have never really looked into Discord chat myself but hey, congrats on getting Dev @abandoncaptian

TheStarNomad✯

Long time StarNomad

blalp

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 27, 2016, 02:12 PM@abandoncaptian will receive Developer as planned
abandon is not a dev yet, but a dev in training. Wings plugin looks nice.
Have a fantastic day!

Towelie

Sucks that I have to introduce him this way to you guys

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

abandoncaptian

Thank you everyone for your support. And thank you Towelie for bringing up the topic of people calling me out and saying Im fake, and confronting the haters.

Lady_Laqueesha

No worries Towelie some of us gave him a great welcome!  He is a very nice guy and seem to be having a great time regardless.

Caz10

Great work Abandon! I loved the plugin when I got to test it out. Can't wait to see you around as our newest dev! :D

Lucy_23x

Quote from: abandoncaptian on Oct 27, 2016, 05:16 PMconfronting the haters.

HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE
SHAKE IT OFF
SHAKE IT OFF

yeah this was necessary.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

HD

Grats abandon ;D I can't wait for an amazing time with you around

SnipeMasterShark

Thanks for all your time and work abandon!  I am sorry you had to go through all that happened yesterday, but don't be discouraged! Haters might be the loudest, but they are the minority.

Just know for every one hater there are 50 of us that support you!

Bakonator

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Oct 27, 2016, 05:46 PM
Quote from: abandoncaptian on Oct 27, 2016, 05:16 PMconfronting the haters.

HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE
SHAKE IT OFF
SHAKE IT OFF

yeah this was necessary.

I almost got caught off-guard

Bug

-If life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back, and let the world wonder how you did it.

American_Walrus

Quote from: abandoncaptian on Oct 27, 2016, 05:16 PMThank you everyone for your support. And thank you Towelie for bringing up the topic of people calling me out and saying Im fake, and confronting the haters.
Grats bro. If you're anything like @darknuju , you'll be great for SFT

Doctor_Thanos

I couldn't agree more with this! Great post @Towelie !

Congratulations @abandoncaptian ! :D

omelott

Congrats abandoncaptian, you sound like an amazing guy!  :)

iLaxrv10

Congratulations @abandoncaptian ! Very proud of everything you've accomplished!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Silly_StringSFT

Quote from: abandoncaptian on Oct 27, 2016, 05:16 PMThank you everyone for your support. And thank you Towelie for bringing up the topic of people calling me out and saying Im fake, and confronting the haters.
Block out the haters my man! The wings you showed me were awesome! Have fun making some dope plugins with the dev team for SFT! :D

Mrs_Ender88

Congratz the wings are amazing.  :heart:
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes