Mar 29, 2024, 03:52 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Suggestions] How we can improve

Started by blalp, Nov 01, 2016, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Just a place where you can suggest changes.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PMSince this was moved to the lost islands area of the forum, I am just going to assume it is going to be lost islands focused, so...
1. fix/loosen pvp protections(I know I have been mentioned this before, but this seems like a more suited area for this suggestion)
2. re-balance the prices on some items(some items just seem too expensive for their value, for example, moonstone)
3. possibly spreading out the events more to reduce lag
4. maybe a secondary end warp for if the first one isn't working
5. add a protected starting island at spawn where, if possible, new players would spawn where they basically get a tutorial (on signs) on how to start (/is create,/kit starter)
6. if possible, a command that lets you access the shop in a gui for those who lag badly at spawn(this suggestion is JAK2244's idea, but he won't make a forum account so...)
7. possibly a strait pit in the end that leads to a water source and the area that is unprotected in the end

^by @Tyler7733 moved from another post
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM1. fix/loosen pvp protections(I know I have been mentioned this before, but this seems like a more suited area for this suggestion)
I want to get a dev to edit the plugin. So we can loosen it a bit.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM2. re-balance the prices on some items(some items just seem too expensive for their value, for example, moonstone)
Moonstone is a rare drop in the normal game where it is a rare chance that meteors will spawn around you when you are level 10+ during ars.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM3. possibly spreading out the events more to reduce lag
What type of lag?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM4. maybe a secondary end warp for if the first one isn't working
/end is working.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM5. add a protected starting island at spawn where, if possible, new players would spawn where they basically get a tutorial (on signs) on how to start (/is create,/kit starter)
how would that be different than /warp help and /warp rules?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM7. possibly a strait pit in the end that leads to a water source and the area that is unprotected in the end
Why would you want this? If there is a reason I can add it.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM6. if possible, a command that lets you access the shop in a gui for those who lag badly at spawn(this suggestion is JAK2244's idea, but he won't make a forum account so...)
Is this because of the general lag at spawn or the lag of the shop? What type of lag? The gui would not update very often, making it hard to add new items when we need to. Good idea, but not feasible with our current setup.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Nov 01, 2016, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM1. fix/loosen pvp protections(I know I have been mentioned this before, but this seems like a more suited area for this suggestion)
I want to get a dev to edit the plugin. So we can loosen it a bit.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM2. re-balance the prices on some items(some items just seem too expensive for their value, for example, moonstone)
Moonstone is a rare drop in the normal game where it is a rare chance that meteors will spawn around you when you are level 10+ during ars.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM3. possibly spreading out the events more to reduce lag
What type of lag?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM4. maybe a secondary end warp for if the first one isn't working
/end is working.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM5. add a protected starting island at spawn where, if possible, new players would spawn where they basically get a tutorial (on signs) on how to start (/is create,/kit starter)
how would that be different than /warp help and /warp rules?
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM7. possibly a strait pit in the end that leads to a water source and the area that is unprotected in the end
Why would you want this? If there is a reason I can add it.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:53 PM6. if possible, a command that lets you access the shop in a gui for those who lag badly at spawn(this suggestion is JAK2244's idea, but he won't make a forum account so...)
Is this because of the general lag at spawn or the lag of the shop? What type of lag? The gui would not update very often, making it hard to add new items when we need to. Good idea, but not feasible with our current setup.
Type of lag in the event area: general fps lag
The protected island would be the most wanted information for new people to the server like /is create, /spawn, and /kit starter
The point of the pit in the end is for those who can't get to the unprotected area of the end because they lack flight and as a shortcut for those who have flight
For the gui, honestly the only things I would use it for would be for selling around a thousand stacks of platinum, and soon a few thousand stacks of enderpearls. JAK2244 would likely just use it for enderpearls and ars magica stuff. The rate that the gui would update would be about as important to me as my bone and arrow supply... If there is another reason not to have the gui, moving the shop around 5 chunks further from spawn would probably not a likely solution, but would be about as useful(maybe better). The lag is mostly caused by the hundreds of signs at spawn, so moving the shop out of render distance from spawn would probably help.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Tyler7733

One suggestion that I just remembered that I was going to suggest months ago is re-enabling villagers. Not only is there an item in the mod pack that is only obtainable through villager trades(a thaumcraft wand core), but they are good for ars magica advancing. The only reason I have heard that villagers are disabled is that they would ruin the economy, even though with how much work it takes to maintain villagers, they would not impact the economy at all.

Tyler7733

The suggestion that many people want to happen: changing out the wooden tool rods from /kit starter for sticks. There is nothing you can do with wooden tool rods that you can't do with sticks, plus, very often people end up getting mad that they can't make torches or a vanilla tool when the real problem is they are using the defective stick clones from /kit starter.

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Jan 09, 2017, 09:04 PMThe suggestion that many people want to happen: changing out the wooden tool rods from /kit starter for sticks. There is nothing you can do with wooden tool rods that you can't do with sticks, plus, very often people end up getting mad that they can't make torches or a vanilla tool when the real problem is they are using the defective stick clones from /kit starter.
so you are saying switch out the tinkers tool in /kit starter for a stone pickaxe?
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Jan 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Jan 09, 2017, 09:04 PMThe suggestion that many people want to happen: changing out the wooden tool rods from /kit starter for sticks. There is nothing you can do with wooden tool rods that you can't do with sticks, plus, very often people end up getting mad that they can't make torches or a vanilla tool when the real problem is they are using the defective stick clones from /kit starter.
so you are saying switch out the tinkers tool in /kit starter for a stone pickaxe?
I am saying why not give players sticks instead of tool rods in /kit starter? If you give them a pic directly, that will take away some of the simple progress that you make in a skyblock. If players want to make a flint pic, then they will not be stopped by switching out the tool rod for a stick. If a player wants to make a wood pic or torches at first, then they will not be questioning simple things due to the kind of stick in their inventory (I have seen this happen a half dozen times at least). Also, just to let you know, /kit books is also victim of causing players trouble (to get mage level to 1, you need to pick up the ars magica book, just getting it from the kit causes confusion on how to start).

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Jan 10, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote from: blalp on Jan 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
I am saying why not give players sticks instead of tool rods in /kit starter? If you give them a pic directly, that will take away some of the simple progress that you make in a skyblock. If players want to make a flint pic, then they will not be stopped by switching out the tool rod for a stick. If a player wants to make a wood pic or torches at first, then they will not be questioning simple things due to the kind of stick in their inventory (I have seen this happen a half dozen times at least). Also, just to let you know, /kit books is also victim of causing players trouble (to get mage level to 1, you need to pick up the ars magica book, just getting it from the kit causes confusion on how to start).
do sticks work as tool rods in a tool station?
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

One thing that would probably increase the number of people who join the server is if a mod list was added under the description of the modpack in technic where the main details of the modpack are(not the page where you select what modpack to run). Lost islands has quite a good mod set, but many people likely don't see it because they don't care to download and run the modpack to check the mod list. I for one, normally don't even consider a modpack unless I see a good mod list in technic. All it would take to likely attract a lot more people is to add a mod list somewhere on the Lost Islands description.

blalp

Feb 15, 2017, 01:42 AM #12 Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 05:01 AM by blalp
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Feb 14, 2017, 11:55 PMOne thing that would probably increase the number of people who join the server is if a mod list was added under the description of the modpack in technic where the main details of the modpack are(not the page where you select what modpack to run). Lost islands has quite a good mod set, but many people likely don't see it because they don't care to download and run the modpack to check the mod list. I for one, normally don't even consider a modpack unless I see a good mod list in technic. All it would take to likely attract a lot more people is to add a mod list somewhere on the Lost Islands description.
agreed completely @saywhat2365
Ars Magica
Applied Energistics 2 (Extra Cells)
Auto Packager
Bibliocraft (Bibliowoods, Bibliowoods Natura)
Big Reactors
Blood Magic
Botania
Computercraft
Crafting Tweaks
Draconic Evolution
EnderIO
Ender Storage
Ex Axtris
Ex Nihlio
Extra Utilities
Forestry
Hats
Inventory Tweaks
Jabba
Magical Crops
Minechem
Mine Factory Reloaded
Mr. Crayfish Furniture Mod
Multipage Chest
Natura
Nether Ores
Not enough items (Nei Addons, Nei Integration, Thaumcraft Nei Plugin)
Open Blocks
Optifine
Reis Minimap
Simply Jetpacks
Super Crafting Frame
Tinkers Construct (igunatinkertweeks)
Thaumcraft (Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Energisitcs, Thaumic Tinkerer)
Thermal Foundation (Thermal Dynamics, Thermal Expansion, Thermal Casting)
Tree Growing Simulator
Waila (Waila Harvestability)
witchery
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Basically all mods that contribute to the server that people know about(everything but mods like custom npcs, mods that are unmentioned due to only being there to support another mod, and rftools), and maybe all addons in parenthesis after the mod they are the mainly branch off of(for example Thaumcraft(Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Tinker, Thaumic energistics,[anything else])).

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Feb 15, 2017, 01:54 AMBasically all mods that contribute to the server that people know about(everything but mods like custom npcs, mods that are unmentioned due to only being there to support another mod, and rftools), and maybe all addons in parenthesis after the mod they are the mainly branch off of(for example Thaumcraft(Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Tinker, Thaumic energistics,[anything else])).
updated.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Could death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of the winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of the winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
the reason it is turned off is because when people do blood magic and kill themselves every couple seconds for LP. The spam got pretty bad.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of the winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
the reason it is turned off is because when people do blood magic and kill themselves every couple seconds for LP. The spam got pretty bad.
Just letting people know that soul fray lowers the amount of lp you can output may be able to help fix this.

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of  winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
Just letting people know that soul fray lowers the amount of lp you can output may be able to help fix this.
Maybe, it might still be faster though.
Have a fantastic day!

Darknessfreddy

In forestry there is no way to get bee execpt going to the end and grabbing them before they are gone and what I found out is that's there is no way to get honey dew to use for the beealyzer which make that part of the mod useless

Darknessfreddy

And get rid of taint swarms in the end

blalp

Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 10, 2017, 05:16 PMIn forestry there is no way to get bee execpt going to the end and grabbing them before they are gone and what I found out is that's there is no way to get honey dew to use for the beealyzer which make that part of the mod useless
the ender hives have a recipe at /warp shop and you can get the other hives with scented artificial hives.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 10, 2017, 05:23 PMAnd get rid of taint swarms in the end
like taint swarms from thuamcraft?
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 10, 2017, 05:23 PMAnd get rid of taint swarms in the end
like taint swarms from thuamcraft?
Based off what i have heard, the end is infested with taint
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Mar 10, 2017, 05:16 PMIn forestry there is no way to get bee execpt going to the end and grabbing them before they are gone and what I found out is that's there is no way to get honey dew to use for the beealyzer which make that part of the mod useless
the ender hives have a recipe at /warp shop and you can get the other hives with scented artificial hives.
It is also possible to get bees from looniums

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of  winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
Maybe, it might still be faster though.
It is not faster, it would take 1 second to regen a heart when you have regen 2(regen 3 is not hard to get), which gives 100 lp which is 100 lp/s, if you spam death, you will get about 11 hearts ideally before you kill yourself, and a death respawn cycle would take about 4 seconds, which gives you 110 lp/4s=27.5lp/s this is roughly 1/4, and assumng that you are able to type /is h, get to your blood altar and respawn in 2 seconds(2 more for /is h to work, also assuming good tps). Even without regen 2, you are going to regen a heart every 2.5 seconds which makes death spam not worth it.