[Suggestions] How we can improve

Started by blalp, Nov 01, 2016, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of  winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
the reason it is turned off is because when people do blood magic and kill themselves every couple seconds for LP. The spam got pretty bad.
Just letting people know that soul fray lowers the amount of lp you can output may be able to help fix this.
Maybe, it might still be faster though.
It is not faster, it would take 1 second to regen a heart when you have regen 2(regen 3 is not hard to get), which gives 100 lp which is 100 lp/s, if you spam death, you will get about 11 hearts ideally before you kill yourself, and a death respawn cycle would take about 4 seconds, which gives you 110 lp/4s=27.5lp/s this is roughly 1/4, and assumng that you are able to type /is h, get to your blood altar and respawn in 2 seconds(2 more for /is h to work, also assuming good tps). Even without regen 2, you are going to regen a heart every 2.5 seconds which makes death spam not worth it.
any other reasons not to have death messages that people can think of?
Have a fantastic day!

Rose2247

Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of  winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
the reason it is turned off is because when people do blood magic and kill themselves every couple seconds for LP. The spam got pretty bad.
Just letting people know that soul fray lowers the amount of lp you can output may be able to help fix this.
Maybe, it might still be faster though.
It is not faster, it would take 1 second to regen a heart when you have regen 2(regen 3 is not hard to get), which gives 100 lp which is 100 lp/s, if you spam death, you will get about 11 hearts ideally before you kill yourself, and a death respawn cycle would take about 4 seconds, which gives you 110 lp/4s=27.5lp/s this is roughly 1/4, and assumng that you are able to type /is h, get to your blood altar and respawn in 2 seconds(2 more for /is h to work, also assuming good tps). Even without regen 2, you are going to regen a heart every 2.5 seconds which makes death spam not worth it.
They can get kinda annoying as people try to do everything they can to get death messages. Even the stupid death messages.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Fractalion

Quote from: Rose2247 on Mar 12, 2017, 04:11 AM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 05:48 PM<snip>
They can get kinda annoying as people try to do everything they can to get death messages. Even the stupid death messages.

While I agree that people can get a bit spammy with death messages, I also think that that would fall under the "no spamming" rule, and could be punishable much the same way that normal spamming is. (Unless of course the person is actually in an infinite death cycle, in which case the death messages would be a good way of identifying that problem, given that they'll probably be unable to send a message in chat)

I have two real reasons that I'd like to see them re-enabled, though.
  • It's entertaining to see the messages when people die. It would make you try even harder to not die, because you probably wouldn't want everyone to see you had died in some hilarious way. I think that would add an extra layer of fun to the current Lost Islands experience, if perhaps in a subtle way.
  • It would actually be useful to know when someone had died. For example, if someone dies to a ghast there's a pretty good chance that they're in the nether, and knowing that they had died would give people a chance to step up and help them either reclaim or replace their lost gear.

Tyler7733

Quote from: Mil_Tech on Apr 11, 2017, 09:37 PMI like the server as it is. I do not get significant lag, I have had few problems with server-based or computer-based lag on this server. I see no reason for a change. If I were to propose any change at all I would advocate for a feature to buy island expansions(by chunk or by xyz).
Just going to attach this idea to that, being able to buy the unclaimed land outside the island, but still within a chunk that is part of the island(at the cost of around 350m emp) may be a better idea. Or another idea could be to possibly be able to buy claims in the last millenium(at a cost of around 0.5k-1.2k for each block of area on the x,z plane, minimum 1 chunk per claim that you buy)
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 11, 2017, 10:25 PM
Quote from: Mil_Tech on Apr 11, 2017, 09:37 PMI like the server as it is. I do not get significant lag, I have had few problems with server-based or computer-based lag on this server. I see no reason for a change. If I were to propose any change at all I would advocate for a feature to buy island expansions(by chunk or by xyz).
Just going to attach this idea to that, being able to buy the unclaimed land outside the island, but still within a chunk that is part of the island(at the cost of around 350m emp) may be a better idea. Or another idea could be to possibly be able to buy claims in the last millenium(at a cost of around 0.5k-1.2k for each block of area on the x,z plane, minimum 1 chunk per claim that you buy)
dont quite undersntand the first one and the second one would require a manager online.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 01:02 AM
dont quite undersntand the first one and the second one would require a manager online.
Each island is 104x104, that is equal to 6.5x6.5 chunks, what I mean in the first part is replace the partial chunks with full chunks

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
Each island is 104x104, that is equal to 6.5x6.5 chunks, what I mean in the first part is replace the partial chunks with full chunks
Oh i see what you mean. @ceddy24 @Rose2247 @MLG_AlphaFire @Mord3005 @Fractalion what do you think? The the island size on po2 will be 128. Not sure if that has partial chunks
Have a fantastic day!

Fractalion

Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 02:00 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
Oh i see what you mean. @ceddy24 @Rose2247 @MLG_AlphaFire @Mord3005 @Fractalion what do you think? The the island size on po2 will be 128. Not sure if that has partial chunks

Chunks are 16x16, so PO2 islands would be 8x8 chunks. That's a lot of extra space, so I think that should make everyone happy. (and on top of that, it means that PO2 islands don't have two awkward half chunk edges as well as an awkward quarter chunk corner)

Relevant_Chaos

Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

Tyler7733

So are death messages a forgotten topic, not going to be re-enabled because of a given reason above, not going to be re-enabled because of sky factory, or something else?

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on May 01, 2017, 11:59 PMSo are death messages a forgotten topic, not going to be re-enabled because of a given reason above, not going to be re-enabled because of sky factory, or something else?
https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,176144.0.html i will do whatever you all choose
Have a fantastic day!