We are struggling with getting new players

Started by Towelie, Nov 02, 2016, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Nov 03, 2016, 12:17 PMHow about we change the art of our ad about SFT? It seems kinda "simple"

You can see it when you vote on certain websites
Which ad do you mean?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ochoaj

I think the best thing to go for right now, would be to reactivate Factions and bring that base of players back to SFT.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

Izzdaer

Nov 03, 2016, 05:00 PM #27 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 05:03 PM by Izzdaer
Quote from: ochoaj on Nov 03, 2016, 03:45 PMI think the best thing to go for right now, would be to reactivate Factions and bring that base of players back to SFT.  :steve:

I agree but I think bringing it back without doing it properly would be even worse than not having it at all,so time care and attention needs to be spent doing it well and not rushing it out because of the hype around it right now

Towelie

Quote from: ochoaj on Nov 03, 2016, 03:45 PMI think the best thing to go for right now, would be to reactivate Factions and bring that base of players back to SFT.  :steve:
That doesn't magically happen over night and seing how prison tanked I am not counting on factions at all.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

George

Towelie I have a really good way for people on sft. Over 100 people will join.

I will try do the following:
1)Send to a really famous youtuber [Kwebbelkop] to join sft with him minecraft acount.
2)Over 20000 watch his videos so It's not luck for people to come.
3)Kwebbelkop is gona buy items from /buy i think.

-George
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

ste2302

Quote from: George_Filos on Nov 03, 2016, 07:31 PMTowelie I have a really good way for people on sft. Over 100 people will join.

1)Send to a really famous youtuber [Kwebbelkop] to join sft with him minecraft acount.

-George

Why don't you hit up PewDiePie as well? I'm sure he has some spare time.

American_Walrus

Quote from: ste2302 on Nov 03, 2016, 08:26 PM
Quote from: George_Filos on Nov 03, 2016, 07:31 PMTowelie I have a really good way for people on sft. Over 100 people will join.

-George

Why don't you hit up PewDiePie as well? I'm sure he has some spare time.
Isn't @Toadlet PewDiePie??

ochoaj

Quote from: Izzdaer on Nov 03, 2016, 05:00 PM

I agree but I think bringing it back without doing it properly would be even worse than not having it at all,so time care and attention needs to be spent doing it well and not rushing it out because of the hype around it right now

Yeah, I've been saying that it should only be brought back as long as it is run with strong-willed staff members, and a strong staff team.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

BluetigerESW

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Nov 02, 2016, 09:45 PMHopefully the upcoming factions server will bring in some other players :)

I honestly doubt this...this community can't handle it. There's way too much whining and complaining when people actually play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Many because a lot treated it as a social server that you could do whatever you wanted to on (no offense or anything but the staff enforced literally nothing) rather than as a factions server. And honestly if about 90% of the previous rules aren't removed and rules such as no cheating or whining are actually enforced then I seriously doubt anything will change.

Biggest of all it'd have to be on nothing higher than 1.8 to be actually playable.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 03, 2016, 06:36 PM
That doesn't magically happen over night and seing how prison tanked I am not counting on factions at all.
Ehm...prison never tanked, it was just never released.  You can't fail if you don't even try lol

BluetigerESW

Quote from: ochoaj on Nov 04, 2016, 11:37 PM
Quote from: Izzdaer on Nov 03, 2016, 05:00 PM

Yeah, I've been saying that it should only be brought back as long as it is run with strong-willed staff members, and a strong staff team.

Yes but it would need staff members that ACTUALLY PLAY factions, not just random staff from other servers.  As well it doesn't need many rules other than no cheating, the biggest problem it had before was too many unnecessary rules.

DOMYOUTUBE

Just to give SFT a bit more help I will talk to @hawhaw1234  about a youtube video.

Izzdaer

Nov 05, 2016, 08:27 PM #37 Last Edit: Nov 05, 2016, 08:30 PM by Izzdaer
Agree with basically everything @BluetigerESW just said :P whilst multi staffing and spreading staff considered as some of the best in general to other servers Is great I  think for factions to work the staff team and staff rules are going to have to be managed carefully as it will be very different to the way other servers are run.

And On the prison subject last I saw on the forums it wasn't still being worked on so it's a bit shitty to hear it being referred to as having " tanked " already :/

Pumped for factions tho.

Djharper

Factions? More like fractions of the community agreeing #BanDj

ep9954

Being a teenager who uses social media alot,  i could help out with the social media aspects of this. @Towelie I am quite active on it so ye

and also:

-George

20K isn't exactly famous.
B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

pjmw2000

I also know a few semi-famous youtubers. I could ask of them for a favor if it comes down to it.

SuperJK

Maybe get rid of swearing cuz some PARENTS CARE ABOUT WHAT THE HELL about the servers their children are playing.  My parents don't give a crap but other ones would.

/warp SteveCoMuseum

DOMYOUTUBE

Quote from: SuperJK on Nov 08, 2016, 07:43 AMMaybe get rid of swearing cuz some PARENTS CARE ABOUT WHAT THE HELL about the servers their children are playing.  My parents don't give a crap but other ones would.

I like how you include the word hell.

Dday694

I think honestly is that we need to branch out to other games to try to see if we can get anywhere out of that.

Some ideas such as

Rocket League (making a group and playing as a team)
Lego Worlds (if multiplayer is possible there)
Planet Explorers
Guns of Icarus
Gang Beasts

even Gmod or TF2 would not be bad ideas to find ways to make things fun and committing

xQuicScopex

Quote from: SuperJK on Nov 08, 2016, 07:43 AMMaybe get rid of swearing cuz some PARENTS CARE ABOUT WHAT THE HELL about the servers their children are playing.  My parents don't give a crap but other ones would.

but since players are used to it if they now get banned over it (breaking rules) they might just leave too