Mar 19, 2024, 05:08 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Donald Trump v. Hillary Clinton

Started by Jasper, Nov 03, 2016, 02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you prefer for president of the United States?

Donald Trump
15 (38.5%)
Hillary Clinton
24 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: Nov 09, 2016, 02:27 AM

Jasper

Good old fashioned presidential election poll... Who would be a better president? Why? If you leave a comment, please avoid flaming the other side (unless it's Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, they're ode jokes)

Feel free to change your answer all the way up to election night.

CallOfTheElements

Its the lesser of two evils, so make america gr8 again!

BattleAxium

Thank god neither of you are old enough to vote.

ping99811

I feel that this thread is severely unneeded, as this is a GAMING community. But hey, just my opinion.

Nubbun

Quote from: Hoxilicious on Nov 03, 2016, 04:48 AMI feel that this thread is severely unneeded, as this is a GAMING community. But hey, just my opinion.
even towelie made a post like this and the rule was as long as peops don't start a war about it it's allowed.

\(◎o◎)/

Bakonator

Quote from: Hoxilicious on Nov 03, 2016, 04:48 AMI feel that this thread is severely unneeded, as this is a GAMING community. But hey, just my opinion.

You need some sort of award. Here, have this bumper sticker that says "I :heart: Nicki Minaj"

ping99811

Quote from: MetaBird on Nov 03, 2016, 10:39 AM

You need some sort of award. Here, have this bumper sticker that says "I :heart: Nicki Minaj"
Nah mate, I just don't think it's appropriate.

Stoovs

Still have no clue why people don't look to the "Third party" and calling them a "joke" is absurd. Clearly we have people in this community (and so far it honestly seems like the younger players, the ones who can't vote) brush off any third party candidate. Just saying that learning a thing or two about politics might actually sway what way you vote, not just taking what the internet thinks into account, or how your family might think. Take your own approach.

I've also been seeing a whole lot of people calling politicians "corrupt" so I'd like to link a CGP Grey video and let you understand WHY people become corrupt.

"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

Aymaneto

omelott

Nov 03, 2016, 09:49 PM #9 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 09:55 PM by omelott

_iTzReKtPvp_

I voted for Trump because memes.
Former Pocket Manager

American_Walrus

Either a popular or unpopular opinion here:
We joke about all of this, but honestly, I think there's blame that needs to be set. You can blame Donald Trump for being his disgustingly offensive self, and you can blame Clinton for being a careless dumbass, but who are the people who let them get to where they are now? Us. Or at least those of us who can vote. We could have eliminated these fuckbuckets as soon as they walked into this, soon after like Carson, or later like Cruz and Sanders, but no. Our negligence and the humor of our situation took over. So those Americans who didn't vote, this is their fault. Just more reason to laugh at America.

Choosing which of the two you want is like picking which STD you want.

Bakonator

Quote from: American_Walrus on Nov 03, 2016, 11:58 PMEither a popular or unpopular opinion here:
We joke about all of this, but honestly, I think there's blame that needs to be set. You can blame Donald Trump for being his disgustingly offensive self, and you can blame Clinton for being a careless dumbass, but who are the people who let them get to where they are now? Us. Or at least those of us who can vote. We could have eliminated these fuckbuckets as soon as they walked into this, soon after like Carson, or later like Cruz and Sanders, but no. Our negligence and the humor of our situation took over. So those Americans who didn't vote, this is their fault. Just more reason to laugh at America.

Presidents don't have that much power anyways. Remember, we have 2 more branches, Legislative and Judicial, besides Executive (which is the president's) to control how much a president can do.

American_Walrus

Quote from: MetaBird on Nov 04, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote from: American_Walrus on Nov 03, 2016, 11:58 PMEither a popular or unpopular opinion here:

Presidents don't have that much power anyways. Remember, we have 2 more branches, Legislative and Judicial, besides Executive (which is the president's) to control how much a president can do.
Well yeah, of course. But the president is the commander in chief and is the person Americans and non-Americans alike look to in a time of American or foreign conflicts. A prestigious title that neither Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Trump deserve

Bakonator

Quote from: American_Walrus on Nov 04, 2016, 01:02 AM
Quote from: MetaBird on Nov 04, 2016, 12:23 AM

Well yeah, of course. But the president is the commander in chief and is the person Americans and non-Americans alike look to in a time of American or foreign conflicts. A prestigious title that neither Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Trump deserve
As said, they are the face of America. Making sure we have a representative to run things around is indeed important, but again, don't sweat over laws too much. After all, we have a democratic frame. We can recall laws and public servants if we feel them are unfit, we can suggest laws right on the ballot. Voters, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SHAPE THE FUTURE, SO USE IT.

ochoaj

Quote from: Stoovs on Nov 03, 2016, 11:28 AMStill have no clue why people don't look to the "Third party" and calling them a "joke" is absurd. Clearly we have people in this community (and so far it honestly seems like the younger players, the ones who can't vote) brush off any third party candidate. Just saying that learning a thing or two about politics might actually sway what way you vote, not just taking what the internet thinks into account, or how your family might think. Take your own approach.

I've also been seeing a whole lot of people calling politicians "corrupt" so I'd like to link a CGP Grey video and let you understand WHY people become corrupt.

Omg, I loveeee CGP Greyyy. This video is amazing.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

ochoaj

If it came down to it, and I had to choose one of the two shittiest candidates in American History?

Then I'd gag-inducingly choose Clinton. I severely dislike her because she's a corrupt and ultra-establishment person who takes in money from foreign countries, Wall Street, and just can't seem to do things right. She also worked with the DNC to rig the Democratic Primaries so that she would be lined up to win, and Bernie Sanders would lose, and for that, I hate her.

But then again, Trump is an absolute piece of garbage that should be nowhere near the White House. This election is the true definition of the lesser of two evils.

Quote from: Homie g2D on Nov 03, 2016, 02:27 AM(unless it's Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, they're ode jokes)

All of the candidates are jokes, but I disagree with you not including Third Parties. They need all the support they can get so that they can get off the ground and become an actual strong party with a chance at the White House.

People have a variety of interests, and this is Off-Topic, so it deserves to stay here. If someone doesn't like politics, then they can simply leave. :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

Cireshie

If I were to vote, I'd vote for Trump. I can see Trump bringing more to the table than Hillary. With Trump, I see a businessman (even though he went into bankruptcy a few times. I still believe he may have different ideas). I don't see Hillary bringing much new things because at the moment, the old isn't working and we need new ideas. Also, the idea of a first man scares me.

Quote from: Aymaneto on Nov 03, 2016, 11:29 AMHow about neither?
But then these are the people that whine when someone gets elected so it's like, "Why didn't you vote if you would whine about it?"

(I know that you may not fit this but it seems most do. No hate)

DOMYOUTUBE

Y'all better vote/respond before this is shut down xD

Aelia Angel

Im republican, but I picked HC because DT called women and the disabled "ugly" etc.
Former Pocket Mod
If you fail, fail foward. Don't be the victim of the hard times. This is what it takes to be successful.

DOMYOUTUBE

Quote from: Kitty_Cat on Nov 05, 2016, 07:03 PMIm republican, but I picked HC because DT called women and the disabled "ugly" etc.

Yes but Hillary is a criminal ;)

Towelie

Let's not forge the fact that Donald Trump is a fucking insane person with a thug attitude and who acts like he's rich so he can do anything he want.
Please don't vote this fucking bufoon, it will end up destroying the world, not just the USA.

Why? Because:

- He clearly said NATO should be disbanded and that he intends to no longer support his allies unless they cover the costs (oh really mister trump? HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE FUCKING HOST YOUR ANTI MISSIL SHIELD YOU MASSIVE ASSHOLE SHIT TURD?
- He intends to stop "guarding" Asia and end the treaty which states that Japan/Neighbouring countries are not allowed to build nukes and in return USA defends them against any threat from North Korea / etc.
- He's Putin's bitch.

If this fucking bufoon is elected  World War 3 will probably come and this whole planet will be destroyed.

I'm not a huge fan of Hillary Clinton either, but come on people, face it, at least she's not a fucking insane baboon who uses way too much spray tan on his face (except on his eyes who end up looking like a gorilla's butthole)

#VoteHillary2016

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

DOMYOUTUBE

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 06, 2016, 11:44 AMLet's not forge the fact that Donald Trump is a fucking insane person with a thug attitude and who acts like he's rich so he can do anything he want.
Please don't vote this fucking bufoon, it will end up destroying the world, not just the USA.

Why? Because:

- He clearly said NATO should be disbanded and that he intends to no longer support his allies unless they cover the costs (oh really mister trump? HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE FUCKING HOST YOUR ANTI MISSIL SHIELD YOU MASSIVE ASSHOLE SHIT TURD?
- He intends to stop "guarding" Asia and end the treaty which states that Japan/Neighbouring countries are not allowed to build nukes and in return USA defends them against any threat from North Korea / etc.
- He's Putin's bitch.

If this fucking bufoon is elected  World War 3 will probably come and this whole planet will be destroyed.

I'm not a huge fan of Hillary Clinton either, but come on people, face it, at least she's not a fucking insane baboon who uses way too much spray tan on his face (except on his eyes who end up looking like a gorilla's butthole)

#VoteHillary2016

Looks aside Trump is still a bad presidential candidate, so is Clinton. But this election is a 100% "Lesser of the two evils" I'm basically down the middle maybe towards Hillary. But both candidates are horrible

#ThirdPartyCandidates

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

supermee3

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 06, 2016, 11:44 AMLet's not forge the fact that Donald Trump is a fucking insane person with a thug attitude and who acts like he's rich so he can do anything he want.

Why? Because:

- He's Putin's bitch.

#VoteHillary2016
If anything Hilary is more likely to start a war, since she has been so outspoken about implementing a no fly zone in Syria. This no fly zone in Syria would require USA to go to war with Syria and Russia, so out of the two candidates the risk of war is in my opinion much bigger with Hilary.