Apr 20, 2024, 02:49 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Trump wins US election!

Started by Towelie, Nov 09, 2016, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnipeMasterShark

I am sorry for not wanting a national criminal to appoint up to 3 new supreme court justices as well as federal judges etc., who has also already proven that she doesn't respect her office of Secretary of State. Look at what she got away with before, look at the executive orders Obama has issued and gotten away with, what do you think she would attempt as president.

Not to mention the fact that even though I don't necessarily support or respect him personally, I agree with a lot of Trump's policies such as anti-abortion, supporting Israel, and his new medical plan sounds decent for a change.

I am proud of the vote I sent toward Trump, and especially the one I sent to Pence.

Not that it matters now, but I would like to listen to an argument in favor of Hillary that wasn't just an accusation toward me for not voting Hillary if anyone would like to PM me about it. I am unlikely to reply here though because this doesn't need to turn into a public flame war.

Lucy_23x

Whelp.
Britain next for bad leaders!

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

HasanBrandsXD

supermee3

I thought Clinton was going to win, but I'm kind of happy Trump won. As I mentioned in another thread I personally think having Clinton as president leads to a higher risk of war.

None of them are good, but I feel the better president is Trump, because his plans are so dumb that I can't believe anyone else in the government would ever agree with him :D (at least I think he isn't allowed to make decisions alone?)

Dday694

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Nov 09, 2016, 04:23 PMI am sorry for not wanting a national criminal to appoint up to 3 new supreme court justices as well as federal judges etc., who has also already proven that she doesn't respect her office of Secretary of State. Look at what she got away with before, look at the executive orders Obama has issued and gotten away with, what do you think she would attempt as president.

The only thing I'm going to argue about this position is that you need to remember that the only reason so many executive orders were issued is because of the lack of effort Congress has performed in the last 4 years. With the house/senate being so focused on having their own way or the highway, nothing to little was done on issues. So yeah you are correct Clinton might have done just as many executive orders, but not because it was abused, but because nothing was done.

Also with the supreme court justices, its sad that those in congress would wait for over 7 months just to see who would win to appoint the new justice. It is the job of the congress to vote on one whether republican or democrat; to be unbiased and willing to give a chance to those first. Even if someone has a different stance, it does not mean we should be willing for potentially 4 years to leave a vacant seat if your opponent wins the presidency.

Lucy_23x

Me: how intruiging.

My friends: if clinton was president then there would be war with russia or something. Now trump is president, the whole world is now gonna get nuked.

My best friend: America now has a president who has a comb over and access to nuclear missiles.

And thus explains my opinions.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

CallOfTheElements

Quote from: Cal on Nov 09, 2016, 10:56 AMI'm really damn happy that Trump won, I'm not kidding.
I may not be American, but I think this guy's better than that Witch of a candidate.
Quote from: blakus87 on Nov 09, 2016, 01:59 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Nov 09, 2016, 01:29 PMI voted for trump because I want change that isn't already influenced by the government in place now. And you call trump a racist but listen to a rapper's song that constantly demeans races and genders. The hypocrites in this world are honestly sickening. And did anyone really think Hillary was best for us? She has sent soldiers to die for no reason then lied to their families stating "They went against orders and that is what happened as a result of it." She deleted emails that everyone knows existed, she has basically murdered anyone that has spoken against her and everything that Trump said about women, BILL ACTUALLY DID/DOES!! Im sorry if anyone gets pissed by this but people need to look at the bigger picture then just the negatives about Trump. Both of them had flaws but to me, Trump had a better advantage with him then disadvantage

Exactly why I also voted for Trump. This needed to happen this country is/was going downhill in a hurry and the reason why is becuase of all the handouts and hand holding that the democrats have done for the last 8+ years. It was/is time for true change and Trump was the one that spear headed all the talk. If you thought that Hillary would have been great for this country, I'm sorry but you are part of the problem not the solution. There is a war raging in our country and its not going to get better with her in charge. 117 police officers were killed in the line of duty this year 9 in the last week. With nothing coming from the top as far as help. The people and the law enforcement community will now have someone on their side to hopefully push things forward in a positive direction. Hate me if you want, its not going to bother me. But remember I kept this civil.

pjmw2000

pwnswords

He will be impeached by the end of the first year if anything happens
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

SnipeMasterShark

Quote from: Dday694 on Nov 09, 2016, 04:51 PMAlso with the supreme court justices, its sad that those in congress would wait for over 7 months just to see who would win to appoint the new justice. It is the job of the congress to vote on one whether republican or democrat; to be unbiased and willing to give a chance to those first. Even if someone has a different stance, it does not mean we should be willing for potentially 4 years to leave a vacant seat if your opponent wins the presidency.

Yay a discussion and not a hate war.

I agree 100%. Just as much as how sad it is that a few were (supposedly, hard to prove this so might be just a rumor) waiting for hillary to be elected to step down. The state of politics makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I am angry.

On a more serious note, what I hate about politics, is that it is not about fixing the problems we have, it is about power grabbing and holding on to that power for dear life.

I am not going to deny that part of the appeal of Trump is his lack of political correctness and his "F you government and media, because We The People, are in fact, still in charge" campaign. But let's be honest,

THAT is also what is scary about Trump. But he has convinced me that he really wants to fix this country (even if it is for selfish motives, its still a win at the end of the day), and over the last few months my concern of war has gone down. The fact that Trump is not going to roll over might actually reduce the threat of war.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Nov 09, 2016, 05:49 PM
Quote from: Dday694 on Nov 09, 2016, 04:51 PMAlso with the supreme court justices, its sad that those in congress would wait for over 7 months just to see who would win to appoint the new justice. It is the job of the congress to vote on one whether republican or democrat; to be unbiased and willing to give a chance to those first. Even if someone has a different stance, it does not mean we should be willing for potentially 4 years to leave a vacant seat if your opponent wins the presidency.

Yay a discussion and not a hate war.

I agree 100%. Just as much as how sad it is that a few were (supposedly, hard to prove this so might be just a rumor) waiting for hillary to be elected to step down. The state of politics makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I am angry.

On a more serious note, what I hate about politics, is that it is not about fixing the problems we have, it is about power grabbing and holding on to that power for dear life.

I am not going to deny that part of the appeal of Trump is his lack of political correctness and his "F you government and media, because We The People, are in fact, still in charge" campaign. But let's be honest,

THAT is also what is scary about Trump. But he has convinced me that he really wants to fix this country (even if it is for selfish motives, its still a win at the end of the day), and over the last few months my concern of war has gone down. The fact that Trump is not going to roll over might actually reduce the threat of war.

i love when we can actually have an intellectual discussion and be mature about it  :laugh:  :heart:

Towelie

There is at least some good from this : The Republicans control congress and they won't want Trump killing any chance they have to have a Republican president elected next term so they should do a good job of keeping him in control.

Let's face it, the guy is a buffoon, the guy is completely inappropriate and not president material, but he did build a multi billion dollar empire and those don't get built by being stupid.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Rose2247

I don't hate Trump but I also don't like him. I feel like he'll be impeached within the first year or so(my opinion). The only real problem we have to deal with is if he declares marshal law, which allows him to be a dictator. Other than that if he tries anything people will get mad and riot. I may not be able to vote(Heck I'm not out of high school yet), but I know the us as a whole has gone though way more shit than this. Trust me on this I was alive in 9/11 granted I was only one year old. I've seen people go to war, parents not returning. Kids left with a feeling of betrayal. I see faces of those who have seen war yearly. My father has seen and experienced war, I know so many people who made it through war...

TLDR--->Trump isn't good but he isn't bad, he'll get fired if he tries anything and the US has seen more shit go down than a bad president.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

iLaxrv10

Honestly, I dont like discussing politics here. People get their buns in a twist and cant act like adults. Anyone who supports who theyre opposed to is wrong according to them. I will not state how I feel about this outcome
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 09, 2016, 06:19 PMThere is at least some good from this : The Republicans control congress and they won't want Trump killing any chance they have to have a Republican president elected next term so they should do a good job of keeping him in control.

Let's face it, the guy is a buffoon, the guy is completely inappropriate and not president material, but he did build a multi billion dollar empire and those don't get built by being stupid.

He has filed for bankruptcy at least 3x. Many of his business fail and some contractors report they never got paid for his failures. His father gave him his money to start his businesses. This guy has never had to work as a middle class person but suddenly is suppose to represent the middle class.

Like I said before though, I get it. People want change from what has been the status quo for some time. I do to, but I just do not think he was the right person for it.

[/quote]
Quote from: blakus87 on Nov 09, 2016, 01:59 PMExactly why I also voted for Trump. This needed to happen this country is/was going downhill in a hurry and the reason why is becuase of all the handouts and hand holding that the democrats have done for the last 8+ years.

I received handouts. When I lost my job under the Bush administration I could not find another job. I moved to go to college and when I did have a job I was making 20k a year and still had 30K a year bills. I received medicare and food stamps. I'm not ashamed. I needed them and they worked and did their part.

Now I am making way more since I completed college(even though I have college debt) all because of those handouts. I'm sorry but they work. They may not work for all but they do work.

MrRed2016

blakus87

Quote from: Jyncs on Nov 09, 2016, 07:29 PMI received handouts. When I lost my job under the Bush administration I could not find another job. I moved to go to college and when I did have a job I was making 20k a year and still had 30K a year bills. I received medicare and food stamps. I'm not ashamed. I needed them and they worked and did their part.

Now I am making way more since I completed college(even though I have college debt) all because of those handouts. I'm sorry but they work. They may not work for all but they do work.

I'm happy that you used the handouts to get back or on your feet. Sadly you are apart of a small amount of people that used them and then took care of themselves. I'm more referring to those that receive the handouts and NEVER get off of them. The ones that have children strictly for the benefits.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: blakus87 on Nov 09, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Jyncs on Nov 09, 2016, 07:29 PMI received handouts. When I lost my job under the Bush administration I could not find another job. I moved to go to college and when I did have a job I was making 20k a year and still had 30K a year bills. I received medicare and food stamps. I'm not ashamed. I needed them and they worked and did their part.

I'm happy that you used the handouts to get back or on your feet. Sadly you are apart of a small amount of people that used them and then took care of themselves. I'm more referring to those that receive the handouts and NEVER get off of them. The ones that have children strictly for the benefits.

aka the immigrants that come here illegally (not the ones that come and earn their stay) that we pay for because theyre either too lazy to work or just know we wont ever stop their benefits/kick them out. that's the people that are getting the handouts ruining us not the people that ACTUALLY need them

lioneatszebra

Nov 09, 2016, 08:32 PM #43 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2016, 08:35 PM by djkirsh
I woke up today the same way I expect to wake up for the next four years: with tears.

This is a bad day for the LGBTQ+, people of color, and disabled communities as well as women, Muslims, and anyone who isn't an Anglo-Saxon, white male.

The kid on the playground who pushed you down and called you fat is now the president and leader of the free world. We have a right to be upset.

As a woman, it just proved to me once again that a man with absolutely no experience can get the job before the woman with 40+ years experience. As a woman, I have cried for Hillary. She deserved this more than anyone and I hope she gets it in her lifetime. She has devoted her entire life to politics and helping people out. I'm still so happy and proud that she made it this far. It hits me on a personal level because I used to want to be a politician, but as soon as I got to college, people kept saying it will be hard because the media will judge me based on my past, how I look, how I speak, etc and it will be a lot harder as a woman, so I changed my career path. That's why I am proud of Hillary. For proving to me that you can make it. She's so strong for going through all that she has gone through.

Also, unless you're directly affected by this election, you can't possibly feel what we are feeling. Feel the fear and the uncertainty that has come with President-elect Trump. He promised some very scary things during his campaign and it's not something I want to see. It's such a privilege if you have the opportunity to look past the bigotry because it won't affect you.

I'm scared for my friends. I'm scared that one day they will revoke the gay marriage ruling and they won't be able to marry the person they love. I'm scared for my African American colleagues, friends and family who already have it tough. I'm fearful of what's to come. Yeah, you can say "you don't know if he will undo everything". Of course we don't know. That's why it's scary. It's scary to think that one day, the country will reset. Republicans holding majority of the House, Senate and Supreme Court is not a good thing to come for some of us. A lot of the republicans already hated what Obama has done for equality and we are afraid that's going to turn back.

So, let us mourn. We are already afraid of losing so much, just let us lose our faith for the day and evaluate our options.
brb, living offline

zomcri

59% of voters said Clinton wasn't honest or trustworthy
65% said trump wasn't honest or trustworthy

54% of voters seen Clinton unfavourably
61% of voters seen trump unfavourably

29% scared about Clinton presidency
37% scared about trump presidency

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Jyncs

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Nov 09, 2016, 08:30 PM
Quote from: blakus87 on Nov 09, 2016, 08:27 PM

aka the immigrants that come here illegally (not the ones that come and earn their stay) that we pay for because theyre either too lazy to work or just know we wont ever stop their benefits/kick them out. that's the people that are getting the handouts ruining us not the people that ACTUALLY need them

If either of you would like to post sources of said information and statistics please do. Otherwise you are just gossiping.

For me I would rather help my fellow countryman. I know some will take advantage however there are a lot like myself who needs help so the can get better. Every illegal immigrant I have personally known has come here to work, not to live off of anyone. The ones I have personally known would do the jobs that others who complain there are no jobs refuse to do because it is difficult hard labor. That doesn't mean they are not out there but I just don't think it is as wide spread as you might think it is. Prove me wrong with facts though.

Anyone who thinks we will become the industry nation we once was are sadly mistaken. Even a businessman like Trump knows that you make things as cheap as you can get by with and then sell them for a lot more money to make profit. Bringing industry back to America would mean a higher cost to produce these items because of the higher labor cost. A higher cost to produce will mean a higher selling cost.

It is going to be a tough balance with the economy and what he wants to do. President Elect Trump has to face some difficult decisions and one I don't wish on anyone so I wish him good luck on it.

All I can ask is that there is some class behind those who supported him and not gloat about winning. That is no way to bring our country together but only cause a stronger divide between everyone.

American_Walrus

This was a shitstorm of an election. I'm glad it's over. I'm not happy about the outcome, but I'm happy it's over. From rigged elections, to accusations of rape, to illegally sent emails, to the few good candidates getting voted the hell out, to playful accusations of being one of the most infamous serial killers, it's been an eventful 9 months.

You can neither say nothing will get done or that a lot will (Like the World War 3, Civil War, Nukes being discharged, blah blah). This has been the first time in decades that the House, Senate, and White House has all been Republican. We have no idea what's coming, but it certainly isn't the stupid shit in my parenthesis there.

garow93

Stoovs

Meh, Bernie would've had a stronger campaign. That's where the Democrats went wrong.

Other than that I am somewhat surprised although it's not like Trump actually won by a huge margin. As far as we can tell right now, he lost popular vote and the swing states he did end up winning were all pretty close.

Just like Trump said himself:
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire