Veteran's Day and 15% Premium Shop Sale

Started by VirginianAE, Nov 11, 2016, 06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginianAE

Nov 11, 2016, 06:05 AM Last Edit: Nov 12, 2016, 11:03 AM by VirginianAE
:diamond: A 15% Veteran's Day sale has been created on Survival/Creative/Pixelmon/Lost: https://www.superfuntime.org/shops :diamond:

Veteran's Day, specifically, is the US national holiday where we honor the service of those who selflessly gave of themselves to serve us as Americans and as citizens.  The role of the American soldier has been crucial to who we in America are from brave farmers and citizens who fought as militia against world powers to allies storming the beaches in Normandy to liberate a continent.  All of these accomplishments would be for naught if it wasn't for the bravery of our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen.  Nations around the world celebrate similar holidays on the same historical basis on which Veteran's Day is founded: the conclusion of WWI.  The British Commonwealth recognizes Armistice Day and Remembrance Day to celebrate both the end of WWI and to remember the living and dead who have served in their armed forces (similar to the US's Memorial Day and Australia/New Zealand's Anzac Day celebrated in the spring).  Those in Poland recognize November 11th as their National Independence Day due to WWI ending rule by Russia, Prussia, and the Habsburg Empire.  Whether you observe the holiday as a memorial of those past, as a thanksgiving for those who serve and are still with us, or for the historical importance to your nation, stop for a moment and recognize the season for what it is and offer condolences and thanks to those who your customs identify.

For both Americans celebrating Veteran's Day and those halfway across the globe celebrating Remembrance Day, try to find someone who served your nation and your community and thank them for being willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice in defense of their homeland.

Thank you to all who have served in the armed forces for fighting for what you felt was right and for being willing to risk your lives to protect everything you hold dear.

:diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:

In commemoration for the occasion, Towelie has decided to put in place a 15% discount at our premium store!  SFT provides a place for several service members (current and discharged) to relax and enjoy themselves and your donations help make it happen.  Do your part to help keep SFT going by donating and getting some premium shop perks today!

Image from my first time out at sea.

CaykoMarie

Thank you to anyone that served/currently serves in any military branch of any country! Your dedication and hardwork is extremely admirable, and we would not be where we are today without the sacrifice of heroes like you. :heart:

(Shout out to all police officers/firemen/paramedics/etc as well!)

Towelie

Thank you for your service to all veterans and military personnel!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Zesty

I may not be American, but we celebrate this here in Australia/New Zealand too, but for like our own troops ^-^
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

iLaxrv10

A huge thank you to you, and all of those who serve  :heart:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

VirginianAE

Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Nov 11, 2016, 11:11 PMI may not be American, but we celebrate this here in Australia/New Zealand too, but for like our own troops ^-^

Nafi just spoke to me about this; Understand that in the United States we don't really celebrate the holiday for where it's roots originated but for what it means today which is thanking people 'today' for their service.  For those who have passed in past wars, we have Memorial Day so the fact that other nations had holidays on the same day for the same thing honestly didn't pop on my radar.  Try to understand that.

To make sure I'm being sensitive to those other countries that celebrate similar holidays on the historical basis of what Veteran's Day is in the US, I'll modify my post slightly.  I will point out that in the initial post I was attempting to still be sensitive to other countries.  The entire Veteran's Day part of the post was only 4 sentences long and one of the four sentences was, "Whether you are an American or someone from halfway across the globe, try to find someone who served your nation and your community and thank them for being willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice in defense of their homeland."

Either way, in the future don't be shy about actually messaging me about a post if you think it's not inclusive enough for your liking.