Mar 19, 2024, 08:44 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival, Pixelmon & B-Team] Christmas-Themed Skin Competition

Started by Doctor_Thanos, Nov 12, 2016, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor_Thanos

Christmas-Themed Skin Competition 2016

Dear players,

It's that time of the year again when everything starts to become magical and we are getting ready for Christmas! A little bit early for this right? Oh well! Your friendly judging team from The Halloween Big Build Contest is organising a skin competition for you this time with the theme being Christmas! :D

We have another 2 judges with us this time though! The competition was organised by Prof_Thanos and Jinxie whereas the the judging team of the contest consists of the organisers, misspiggy95, TheStarNomad, tree43 and Mrs_Ender88!

So this time our theme is Christmas! This contest is all about designing a Christmas themed skin! Your skin should be detailed, original and have a background story about it if you want to get a good rating! Each judge can give you up to 100 points, so the score is counted with 600 points being maximum! Comments will be given anonymously and they will be explaining the score you got from the judge.

You can use http://www.minecraftskins.com/ or http://www.needcoolshoes.com/ to make your skin! You can either wear it and get screenshots (with F2) and upload them with http://imgur.com/ or get a screenshot of it when it's done from the site you made it. You can use https://gyazo.com/search for that! Another thing you could do is wear the skin while the judging is being done and we do the judging with a skin viewer! It's your choice! :)

You may donate the the prize by sending your donation in game to either Prof_Thanos (for Survival) or TheStarNomad (for B-Team)! Please provide a screenshot of it if we're not online and you let us know about it in a PM! :)

We were very generous with the prizes (@SANTA) so here is what we have for you! :D
First Place: 1,500,000.00 EmpBucks
Second Place: 1,000,000.00 EmpBucks
Third Place: 500,000.00 EmpBucks

The contest is due the 18th of December 2016, 18:00 (GMT+0)! Use the following form to enter the competition. Copy it in the reply box, fill it in and there you go! You can fill your information and provide the screenshots by editing your reply when the skin is ready! Please make sure to give us screenshots from all angles!
[b]Minecraft IGN:[/b]
[b]Server (Survival or B-Team):[/b]
[b]Story behind the Skin:[/b]
[b]Screenshots:[/b]

Love,
The Judges

JinxOnTheLoose

Just a heads up on ORIGINALITY. I will be looking out for skins in case you copy. Originality is key, however, taking inspiration is fine. Copying will not get you any marks.

blakus87

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: blakus87 on Nov 12, 2016, 09:20 PMWhat's the due date?
Quote from: Thanos on Nov 12, 2016, 08:56 PMThe contest is due the 18th of December 2016, 18:00 (GMT+0)!

Just added that. Thanks for the reminder!

Djharper

Can you enter more than one as I need to make one for me and possibly truewolfmaster so it seems a waste to enter one :P

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: Djharper on Nov 12, 2016, 09:29 PMCan you enter more than one as I need to make one for me and possibly truewolfmaster so it seems a waste to enter one :P
That's fine. :)

truewolfmaster

Quote from: Djharper on Nov 12, 2016, 09:29 PMCan you enter more than one as I need to make one for me and possibly truewolfmaster so it seems a waste to enter one :P
@Djharper ill get my builder to make an arena to do this on bteam
Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

Djharper

Heres the skin itself and the image in MNCS to prove I made it. First time I've used in in around four years so I'm a bit rusty with the new system :D. Anyway I hope you enjoy the next segment and I may or may not make one for truewolfmaster that looks very similar.

Minecraft IGN: Djharper

Server (Survival or B-Team): B-Team

Story behind the Skin:
Real: I needed a skin for our Christmas event
Story: Once a young elf by the name "Dj" had one passion- To work with Santa himself. He adored Christmas and decided to master any skill needed to join the jolly man! And so he began in typical montage state, he used his artistic prowess to fashion himself some garments which made him appear as if he should have an annoying fairy and a creepy old man give him a sword. Then came the challenge of decorating a tree, he stuck baubles and amazing trinkets like polar bears, hearts and assorted items until making the beautiful peak shine with the best star. Then he came into his next test, present making. For this he prepared a beautiful block of the most elegant diamonds into the shape of a creeper plush toy. Finally he underwent vigorous training until finally meeting the man in red. He was overjoyed and he was set to join a team of other elves... Santa was simply being kind as he joined the elf "True Wolf" who was similarly passionate. They delivered objects for toy making and helped out wherever possible... Recently though a danger has sprung up and they need the help of hero's! So, join Dj and True and help them make Christmas great! (#FreeAdvertismentPays)

Screenshots: I put them in attatchments but if they don't show I'll add an imuger link <3

Chocobo123456

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Nov 13, 2016, 03:06 AMIts not even DECEMBER YET! WHY START IT >:(
We start it now so that we give you enough time to make your skins as we won't judge on Christmas day but the 18th of December. You may make your skin in December if you'd like. :)

truewolfmaster

Quote from: Djharper on Nov 12, 2016, 11:29 PMHeres the skin itself and the image in MNCS to prove I made it. First time I've used in in around four years so I'm a bit rusty with the new system :D. Anyway I hope you enjoy the next segment and I may or may not make one for truewolfmaster that looks very similar.

Minecraft IGN: Djharper

Story behind the Skin:
Real: I needed a skin for our Christmas event
Story: Once a young elf by the name "Dj" had one passion- To work with Santa himself. He adored Christmas and decided to master any skill needed to join the jolly man! And so he began in typical montage state, he used his artistic prowess to fashion himself some garments which made him appear as if he should have an annoying fairy and a creepy old man give him a sword. Then came the challenge of decorating a tree, he stuck baubles and amazing trinkets like polar bears, hearts and assorted items until making the beautiful peak shine with the best star. Then he came into his next test, present making. For this he prepared a beautiful block of the most elegant diamonds into the shape of a creeper plush toy. Finally he underwent vigorous training until finally meeting the man in red. He was overjoyed and he was set to join a team of other elves... Santa was simply being kind as he joined the elf "True Wolf" who was similarly passionate. They delivered objects for toy making and helped out wherever possible... Recently though a danger has sprung up and they need the help of hero's! So, join Dj and True and help them make Christmas great! (#FreeAdvertismentPays)

Screenshots: I put them in attatchments but if they don't show I'll add an imuger link <3
Yeah I'm not using that...
Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

Djharper

I know it's shut xD trying to use Photoshop but it won't accept it ;-;

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Doctor_Thanos

graven2603

Minecraft IGN: Graven2603

Server (Survival or B-Team): B-team

Story behind the Skin: Its really just a christmas version of my Fox boy skin (while the original skin wasnt mine almost all of it has been changed for the xmas one)

Screenshots: i cant take screenshots with my laptop for some reason but i can link it   
http://www.minecraftskins.com/thumbnails/santa-fox-boy-9975297.png
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/9975297/santa-fox-boy/

Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

ep9954

Okay I actually have 2 Skins so ye ♥

Minecraft IGN: ep9954
Server (Survival or B-Team): Main ♥ B-Team ~ Secondary ♥ Survival

Skin 1

Story behind the Skin: I wanted to create a cute little santa girl, but i wanted it to be MY character and detailed to my liking. This was all made FROM SCRATCH using reference images of real life costumes.
Screenshots:

Skin 2
Story behind the Skin: Last year I wanted a christmas color-based skin, so I re-themed my whole skin to the Christmas colors! Please note that this was also HAND SHADING because I didn't know how to use all the tools a the time :o
Screenshots:
B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

ep9954

This was made for my friend @bearskibear as a request, so if this places, please give her the prize xD

Minecraft IGN: bearskibear
Story behind the Skin: Made by ep9954 based on a tumblr christmas outfit <33
Screenshots:

B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

graven2603

Same as above

B-team

Story behind the Skin: its the first skin ive made from sctratch so its just a basic ugly christmas jumper

Screenshots: ok i have no idea how to do screenshots so heres the link instead

http://www.minecraftskins.com/thumbnails/ugly-christmas-jumper-9980189.png
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Djharper

*I already posted story and stuff above but I improved  skin*

diamondcc888

Wow, thats one event i won't be participating in because I forgot my security question asnwres to change my skin. Rip.

Doctor_Thanos

@CaykoMarie is going to help us with prizes on Pixelmon! So yeah, Pixelmon players you can participate too and if you win you will be paid the proper amount of money from Cayko! Thanks Cayko! :D

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

pjmw2000

Well, I used to create skins for money... So this should fun. :D

Dday694

Well time to break out that snowman skin with a little help from an elf.....

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: Dday694 on Nov 15, 2016, 06:41 PMWell time to break out that snowman skin with a little help from an elf.....

Some more screenshots from different angles would be marvellous to help us judge! :)