Apr 30, 2017, 08:38 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpacks here and here

Pixelmon is dying, it's time to do something!

Started by Towelie, Dec 13, 2016, 12:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

garow93

I suggest a slight buff added to /kit starter its kinda bad and doesn't let any new joiners get started whatsoever.
What should be changed to it in your opinion?
Zubat: /kit starter - 5 pokeballs 5 potions 1 pokedex
Pikachu: /kit member- 10 pokeballs 5 great balls 5 potions
Elite1: /kit elite- 32 ultra balls 10 great balls 1 full restore
Elite2: /kit elite2 32 ultra balls 32 great balls 2 full restores
Elite3: /kit elite3 64 ultra balls 32 great balls 3 full restores
Elite4: /kit elite4- 1 Matserball 3 rarecandy 32 ultra balls
A buff to all gym kits- giving them 10 great balls + 15 pokeballs each

That's just a ruff draft. Each kit can only be given every 24 hours, and elites usually share with lower players anyway, making the higher amount of ultra balls not too overwhelming. Only kit I'm not sure about is elite4 if it's too op, but in saying that 1500 hours and over 1mil emp just to get the rank and as of right now the only bonus to it is /mytime the rank is empty anyway. Also, giving every rank higher thank Zubat /kit starter, and every rank higher than Pikachu kit member would also help.

Example: Elite4 gets /kit elite4 + /kit member + /kit starter

This is just a ruff draft again, so edit it how you may but I think there should be a few kits added (since elites only get the current kit starter and nothing else, all other ranks get more)
This is WAAAAAY too much stuff. It would be different if there was ONE elite1 and ONE elite2 and so on, but you have to realize that pix has potentially 250 people who are at least capable of being elite1. If we say 50 of them are elite4 and they each log in once a month, that's 600 masterballs every year that are just spawned in for no reason. That, coupled with the fact that ultra balls would be damn near free and have no value, that's just way too much stuff. Also, elite4 would be able to claim all kits that are beneath it, would give them, in total, 2 stacks of ultra balls, 1+ stacks of greatballs, and a masterballs every day. Way too much.

My thoughts are maybe one additional kit on top of kit starter that is given for those with over 200 hours maybe as like a /kit veteran(can be renamed.)

/kit starter - 10 Pokeballs, 5 great balls, 2 ultra balls, stone tools
/kit veteran - 10 Greatballs, 5 ultraballs, iron tools

These would be much more realistic in fixing the kit issues and allowing players to have a decent start, and also allowing veterans to have some kind of small advantage for the time they've put in.

Lucy_23x

I'm getting a new mega beef computer for christmas and the issues of my mc password not working have been straightened out, so hopefully I will be able to play other servers such as pix too, instead of being stranded on survival (tho i do love survival)
Idk if this encourages anyone but hey there you go

Also I know like 5% of what pokemon is so uh, prepare for the biggest pox noob yet...
and also Lucy; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile
Evidence of YugureHono calling everyone a lemon: https://gyazo.com/ca361ad1ad90b0707995bbeac5c26288

BioPh33r

also garrow like 90% of the players who know how to pixelmon and mc has diamond tools and a crap ton of pokeball varients so in my opinion that vet kit there looks more like fitting for uh bulba/charm/squirt ranks lol

Lucy_23x

Something I'd also like to add, is why did garow have the need to make a whole new post anout how to join pixelmon, when there is already meant to be instructions on how to get to it (dont get me wrong, garow's work was beautiful)
What im getting from this is that the older version of "how to get to pixelmon" isnt easy to follow, or people were ignoring it.

Also, because if lack of money, what about trying to get a person/people to sponser sft once a week/month like charities do with "adopt an animal by giving £10 a month" or something. Idk if thus idea has already been put forward, but imma gonna say it just in case it hasnt.
and also Lucy; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile
Evidence of YugureHono calling everyone a lemon: https://gyazo.com/ca361ad1ad90b0707995bbeac5c26288

magl

Something I'd also like to add, is why did garow have the need to make a whole new post anout how to join pixelmon, when there is already meant to be instructions on how to get to it (dont get me wrong, garow's work was beautiful)
What im getting from this is that the older version of "how to get to pixelmon" isnt easy to follow, or people were ignoring it.

Also, because if lack of money, what about trying to get a person/people to sponser sft once a week/month like charities do with "adopt an animal by giving £10 a month" or something. Idk if thus idea has already been put forward, but imma gonna say it just in case it hasnt.
Why was this mentioned in the announcements when there are already instructions on the sidebar?
IT's to be used as a landing page for some ads we've put for pix.
Also confused me but guess that's why^
Also SFT has a Patreon, only 1 backer thoe and rewards aren't the coolest but it's the thought that counts right? xD
https://www.patreon.com/sftmedia

----quotes were weird on phone, no laptop for a few days

Jus drein jus daun!
That's sad -she said with no sign of sadness-
"stg if you're $hit posting again magl...."
logging out, have notifications turned on thoe (^-^)ゞ

Towelie

True. And just to clarify, Dpa is away for another 2 days, so when he's back we intend to work on pix and give it a fighting chance.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Lucy_23x

Okay just makin' sure

garow93

also garrow like 90% of the players who know how to pixelmon and mc has diamond tools and a crap ton of pokeball varients so in my opinion that vet kit there looks more like fitting for uh bulba/charm/squirt ranks lol
None of the kits are supposed to be mega-useful. They are just little things to get you through for the time being while you do what you are doing. Kits were never meant to be used exclusively to survive.

Towelie

I suggest a slight buff added to /kit starter its kinda bad and doesn't let any new joiners get started whatsoever.
What should be changed to it in your opinion?
Zubat: /kit starter - 5 pokeballs 5 potions 1 pokedex
Pikachu: /kit member- 10 pokeballs 5 great balls 5 potions
Elite1: /kit elite- 32 ultra balls 10 great balls 1 full restore
Elite2: /kit elite2 32 ultra balls 32 great balls 2 full restores
Elite3: /kit elite3 64 ultra balls 32 great balls 3 full restores
Elite4: /kit elite4- 1 Matserball 3 rarecandy 32 ultra balls
A buff to all gym kits- giving them 10 great balls + 15 pokeballs each

That's just a ruff draft. Each kit can only be given every 24 hours, and elites usually share with lower players anyway, making the higher amount of ultra balls not too overwhelming. Only kit I'm not sure about is elite4 if it's too op, but in saying that 1500 hours and over 1mil emp just to get the rank and as of right now the only bonus to it is /mytime the rank is empty anyway. Also, giving every rank higher thank Zubat /kit starter, and every rank higher than Pikachu kit member would also help.

Example: Elite4 gets /kit elite4 + /kit member + /kit starter

This is just a ruff draft again, so edit it how you may but I think there should be a few kits added (since elites only get the current kit starter and nothing else, all other ranks get more)
That sounds like a fuckton of stuff which will only serve to further kill the server as everyone will have what they want in kits and won't need to work for them... Why would you possibly need 64 ultra balls and 32 greatballs each day. I wouldn't even give ultrabals/masterballs in kits, just pokeballs...

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Dday694

Personally I think one of the issues that has affected the server other then what has been provided so far is the lack of new content on the server.

However, it is a lot harder to find working mods that will work smoothly with the current modpack because of how much is needed for just pix alone.

I would suggest looking at these mods to see if they could if not work with the current version, possibly into the 1.8

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291001-v1-8-1-securitycraft-security-cameras-retinal

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mods-discussion/2300452-ugocraft-mod-for-minecraft-1-7-10

Lachesism

I'm never on because I feel like I ran out of things to do. Honestly, I think it was more the fact I got bored and lazy and didn't want to do anything myself. I'd recommend some new mods to make it more interesting, like something to do when you're bored of pokemon. Although it's a pixelmon server, that's all I can think of.
Says waterme

Towelie

Bit of an update - Dpa is travelling pretty much across the US to spend the holidays with @Stariieyed 's family.
So it's gonna be a bit more until he can start working on pix / adding some content / basically working together with me to save pix.
However, I hooked him up with a Windows tablet, a bluetooth keyboard, mouse and a power brick (sent in advance) so he can work on this even when not home :D

Towelie

Personally I think one of the issues that has affected the server other then what has been provided so far is the lack of new content on the server.

However, it is a lot harder to find working mods that will work smoothly with the current modpack because of how much is needed for just pix alone.

I would suggest looking at these mods to see if they could if not work with the current version, possibly into the 1.8

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291001-v1-8-1-securitycraft-security-cameras-retinal

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mods-discussion/2300452-ugocraft-mod-for-minecraft-1-7-10
@Dpa1991

DreamingAtDawn03

I agree having a /kit that has a PC and healer, that can only be claimed once, would be a great idea!. I also agree that the beginner kit should have more to it. Perhaps 5 Quick Balls in there somewhere, as it is easier to catch on the first ball, so they can try and get a higher level easier.

Towelie

Dpa1991

@Dpa1991  - re-beep
Yeah, only have my phone and the tablet is a pain to use.

The Bluetooth keyboard also stopped working

onionboys

Help if the damn technic client worked

Dpa1991

Help if the damn technic client worked
Whats it do? Any errors?

onionboys

Just never works. First I couldn't load the SFT Modpack, then I couldn't load any modpack, now I can't even download the modpack

Towelie

Just never works. First I couldn't load the SFT Modpack, then I couldn't load any modpack, now I can't even download the modpack
We need some errors or something. Alternatively, Give one of us access to your PC via teamviewer/anydesk and we will connect and try to fix it for you.

onionboys

Ok I'll try to Skype dpa

magl

Ok I'll try to Skype dpa
say hai from me

Jus drein jus daun!
That's sad -she said with no sign of sadness-
"stg if you're $hit posting again magl...."
logging out, have notifications turned on thoe (^-^)ゞ

DaPolarBear

i have been around for a few years and noticed the decline in the player base the first thing to do would be to try and fix the way we show up on the Technic platform

the server could use a massive reset i have had the same Pokemon forever

we need to center the server a bit more around battles and gyms its to much legends shines and economy < its not bad just to much problems with $$$$

Advertisement pair with a you tuber get come custom content that would drive a Pixelmon you tuber to want to join over him something that nobody else has it would freshen up the server and their channel  < would make them want to pair up

i hope this helps a bit love you guys o3o <3

Chocobo123456

the server could use a massive reset i have had the same Pokemon forever

we need to center the server a bit more around battles and gyms its to much legends shines and economy < its not bad just to much problems with $$$$

The way im seeing this bit here is "Hey I'm bored and most of the problem is that a lot of people have to much money making it pointless." Thats how im seeing it. Yet the thing is if there was a reset where everyone had equal playing fields people would have their donated pokemon come back (or they would want refunds im assmuing) and it would just be the same boring problem.

DaPolarBear

the donors can get their pokemon back but give it to them on a timer like 1 month after the reset they can get the pokemon its not a hard fix you just thought way to much into it

Go Up