Mar 28, 2024, 07:23 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] New premium shop item - Furniture Permission

Started by Towelie, Jan 02, 2017, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Furniture Permissions contains:
- The ability to craft the following furniture objects: LargeTable, Lantern, Sofa, Table, Campfire1, Tent1, CampChair, CactusPlant, Guillotine, SleepingBag, BearTrap, SchoolTable, SchoolChair, BlackBoard, Flag, SnowGolem, CandyCane, WaxCandle.

http://superfuntime.buycraft.net/category/683943

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

blakus87

George

Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Mrs_Ender88

American_Walrus

Anyone remember when this was free? Anyone remember when all you had to worry about was how many furniture items you have? I do! It's very understandable that this server is low on money, but charging for things that were once free (just because they were gone for a little awhile) = ok? I'm sure this thought went through a lot of people's head that are old enough to remember. (And honestly, you don't have to be that old to the server. This is fairly recent)

ste2302

Is his neck ok in that picture? I don't think he likes the item! he seems to of broken his neck to avoid looking at it..

HD

Man i missed the furniture! Thanks for bringing it back :heart:

Towelie

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Jan 02, 2017, 08:42 PMIs there a limit to how many you can make?
Yes, there is a limit to how many you can place, that is usually 1-4 per furniture piece (this fact is also shown in the premium shop page).
It's there to prevent it causing lag (last time we didn't have this limit and it ended up causing lag for us)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 02, 2017, 08:48 PMAnyone remember when this was free? Anyone remember when all you had to worry about was how many furniture items you have? I do! It's very understandable that this server is low on money, but charging for things that were once free (just because they were gone for a little awhile) = ok? I'm sure this thought went through a lot of people's head that are old enough to remember. (And honestly, you don't have to be that old to the server. This is fairly recent)
The reason furniture was removed ages ago is because it created massive amounts of lag. My reasoning for bringing Furniture back:
- We need the money to pay the bills
- With fewer people now having access to furniture, lag won't be a problem any more
- The plugin itself received numerous updates and many of the bugs we were dealing back then were solved.

I'd also like to remind you that when we had this plugin the EULA was not in effect so we were doing really good on donations. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
There were also occasions when we made stuff from the premium shop free for everyone and noone bats an eyelash then.

Towelie

Quote from: ste2302 on Jan 02, 2017, 09:22 PMIs his neck ok in that picture? I don't think he likes the item! he seems to of broken his neck to avoid looking at it..
Nah, he was just posessed.

Mrs_Ender88

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 03, 2017, 09:20 AM
Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Jan 02, 2017, 08:42 PMIs there a limit to how many you can make?
Yes, there is a limit to how many you can place, that is usually 1-4 per furniture piece (this fact is also shown in the premium shop page).
It's there to prevent it causing lag (last time we didn't have this limit and it ended up causing lag for us)
I can't wait to get to use this :) I just bought them I didn't fully read it it sorry <3

American_Walrus

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 03, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 02, 2017, 08:48 PMAnyone remember when this was free? Anyone remember when all you had to worry about was how many furniture items you have? I do! It's very understandable that this server is low on money, but charging for things that were once free (just because they were gone for a little awhile) = ok? I'm sure this thought went through a lot of people's head that are old enough to remember. (And honestly, you don't have to be that old to the server. This is fairly recent)
The reason furniture was removed ages ago is because it created massive amounts of lag. My reasoning for bringing Furniture back:
- With fewer people now having access to furniture, lag won't be a problem any more
- The plugin itself received numerous updates and many of the bugs we were dealing back then were solved.

I'd also like to remind you that when we had this plugin the EULA was not in effect so we were doing really good on donations. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
There were also occasions when we made stuff from the premium shop free for everyone and noone bats an eyelash then.
Nah my issue wasn't why it was removed, or the fact that it was removed.
It's understandable why you brought it back as a SFT shop item. I don't like it, but the world isn't fair and there are bills to pay. However, you didn't state any of those 3 reasons at first. You brought it back almost as if it was a brand new item and was kinda hoping no one would bring it up. I'm making a big deal out of not a lot here, I just don't see it as very good behavior, which this community deserves now more than ever.

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 03, 2017, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 03, 2017, 09:22 AM

Nah my issue wasn't why it was removed, or the fact that it was removed.
It's understandable why you brought it back as a SFT shop item. I don't like it, but the world isn't fair and there are bills to pay. However, you didn't state any of those 3 reasons at first. You brought it back almost as if it was a brand new item and was kinda hoping no one would bring it up. I'm making a big deal out of not a lot here, I just don't see it as very good behavior, which this community deserves now more than ever.
Got it, it was an oversight on my end, I said this in-game several times and announced my intention -that I was going to bring this back and explained why.