Mar 29, 2024, 02:13 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

SFT's wellbeing is my #1 priority

Started by Towelie, Jan 13, 2017, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jan 13, 2017, 12:10 PM Last Edit: Jan 13, 2017, 12:25 PM by Towelie
Which means I'll start listening more to things that are backed by more than one person.

My immediate personal resolution for SFT:
- Stop giving so many second chances (i won't give any examples but it's obvious to everyone what I mean) and ban/detach from soneone once they start being toxic for the community

I'd also like to say that I think it's unfair hearing people say there's bias in the high ranks, when they don't have the access to see what is really going on.
It's in the human nature to be biased, but as @VirginianAE can probably confirm, the amount of drama / bias in the Manager+ team has greatly decreased in the last few months.
I know people expect us to fix things the moment they report, but from my point of view, as a server owner, I can't just demote the entire team and promote new people (not saying that's even the case any more, because it isn't), things are handled slowly, some times they take weeks, other times they take months but please know: WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOU. Due to our policy to handle things privately and not in public that may not be obvious but we have never downright ignored someone's complaints / feedback and we are always doing our best to work on that, and in about 90% of the cases, we have resolved the complaints within a reasonable timeframe. Again, @VirginianAE can confirm this one.

I am a very impulsive individual and that sometimes causes me to do things/say things i didn't mean/want to do, I am also working on that.

So yeah... that's all. Peace!

QuoteWhen someone holds a one-sided point of view, we accuse him or her of being prejudiced, or having a bias. Human beings on an individual basis are inclined to interpret situations in biased ways, often based on their cultural norms and beliefs. But there is another kind of bias, called cognitive bias, that all humans share. Cognitive bias is our tendency to make systematic decisions in certain circumstances based on cognitive factors rather than evidence. Human beings exhibit particular inherent errors in thinking when we process information. These errors are the result of genetic predisposition that has arisen over time as humans have evolved; in fact, you can see many of the same biases that humans display in rats, birds, and monkeys. Researchers who study decision making theorize that somewhere in our evolutionary past, many of these biases helped us to survive. For example, the negativity bias causes us to give more weight to negative experiences than positive ones. In the dangerous environment in which our ancestors lived, avoiding negative outcomes likely meant life or death; being especially concerned with avoiding the bad made our ancestors more likely to survive. Other biases may be the result of our brains having limited processing power with which to analyze information, and therefore taking shortcuts—called heuristics—that sometimes lead us to irrational conclusions.

Behavioral economist Dan Ariely puts it thusly: "We usually think of ourselves as sitting the driver's seat, with ultimate control over the decisions we made and the direction our life takes; but, alas, this perception has more to do with our desires—with how we want to view ourselves—than with reality." Bias affects everything we do: from deciding how to handle our money, to relating to other people, to even how we form memories of the past. Though many of these biases were beneficial in the past, these days they sometimes lead us to make big mistakes. Loss aversion, the cognitive bias that makes us strongly prefer avoiding losses to acquiring gains, causes many people to make awful economic decisions. Marketing executives use this to their advantage: you'll sign up for a free trial of a service and then be loathe to cancel it, avoiding a loss. Though we can't eradicate bias—it's far too deeply wired for that—we can try to be aware of it. As we learn more about these biases and where they come from, humans become better equipped to understand why we do the things we do.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Doctor_Thanos

Absolutely great post! :)

I can confirm the fact that things are dealt privately as I have reported a lot of issues, which I never see discussed publicly but fixed within shortest time possible.
Don't think the upper staff are ignoring you because they are not.

LordSlacky

Amazing post, u are 100% right and everyone should know that staff would do anything for the server's welbeing

Lady_Laqueesha

Fully agree with Towelie and Virginian on this and all that was said is how REAL life works! Have fun and once you have complained/ requested help let it go and know you are in good hands.

zupercri13579

You are totally right, as Thanos said, the issues are solved privately.

MrChanango

Quote from: Lady_Laqueesha on Jan 13, 2017, 05:50 PMFully agree with Towelie and Virginian on this and all that was said is how REAL life works! Have fun and once you have complained/ requested help let it go and know you are in good hands.
Agreed
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18