Mar 29, 2024, 12:20 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Should we do a full reset for Pix?

Started by Towelie, Jan 17, 2017, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which option should we choose?

Option 1
22 (25.9%)
Option 2
6 (7.1%)
Option 3
48 (56.5%)
Option 4
9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 24, 2017, 07:30 PM

DylbertDangle

So seeing as its now replacement, shouldn't it be X amount donated as store credit due to the fact all prices have been lowered or are we just grandfathering people into the old prices.

Dpa1991

Quote from: ASquattingDog on Jan 19, 2017, 07:44 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 19, 2017, 07:29 PM@ASquattingDog the ranks haven't been decided on.

@Prince O Whales replacement, not reimbursement. We will go through the purchase history and re-deliver packages that you paid for already within the listed time frame.

However, nothing has been discussed or set in stone yet as the point of this topic is to test the waters to see what players want, after we discuss this there will be another topic posted with more details for us to all decide on to be the best course of action.
So you're saying that I spent like $75-$85 on ranks that I might not even get back?

I'm not going to say what's going to happen when I don't know the exact details.

You are not at risk of losing your rank, I'm just not making an official statement until I have discussed our course of action.

I am doing every thing possible to take care of our donators.

xKyle

I think option 3 is a great idea, and would be in favor even though I have stacks of pokes. RIP dyl tho >.>

blakus87

I choose opt 3 because I'm a big dumb head and didn't see this post before I bought a rank and got a shiny.

Dpa1991

For the record, nothing in this post is confirmed. I am just discussing what I am looking into right now.

I think we might be able to upgrade the server to at the least 1.8.9, however the issue with this is the Pixelmon Devs are phasing out 1.8.9 support and moving to 1.10.2 meaning we will be back in the same boat again - running on a non-supported version. So what I plan on doing is seeing the condition Sponge 1.10.2 is in with plugin support, if I think we can make it work then maybe we can skip 1.8.9.

Ideally I dont want to do a reset without providing an update, but if it comes down to it - I will.

SnipeMasterShark

As the person with the most cash, most shinys, most legends, most hidden abilities, and most IV bred pokemon, I would like to comment.

I understand the pain of loss and the amount of grinding things take. I remember playing for 3 hours a day for 4 days straight doing nothing but fishing with a super rod looking for a sharpedo with its rare ability. And I didn't get it. tried again a bit later and i eventually got it.

So I want to cut to the chase:

1- 5iv pokemon will be back on the streets in less than a week if the commands are kept and the people that understand the mechanics care. So don't worry about people choosing 6IV pokes. It will save 3-4 days tops.

2- Shiny legends: a bit harder to deal with as this is basically a donation only item, considering statistics. But as these are basically the end goal of every player, the server already having so many of them makes the game easy to get to the end.

3- Ranks - Have you considered a "Prestige" thing? like where you get your stuff reset but you get some flashy star by your name? Just reset everyone that made it to elite1+ rank to have a star or something at the end to show they made it before the reset? if not get reset with normal rank.

Honestly Ranks are not that helpful until elite 2 where you get informational commands /ivs and /evs other than like warps and ta which you get fast.

4- Rare abilities - This is the interesting one. My favorite pokemon all have super rare abilities. If there was a full reset, I would give up on my sharpedo. I am not sure how the keep 6 is going to work. I would like to keep 6 but I honestly think a full reset might be better for the future of pix.

TLDR

My point:

As my uptime hasnt been the greatest lately, I understand my opinion isn't the most important. My thoughts being  a full reset would be the best push for new players, as that is a huge advertising point. We are not debating what is optimal. We are debating how to keep pix alive. I find that without a full reset, it will be too easy for new players to feel like they "completed the game" and not get hooked into staying. But if they see how much room there is to grow, they might stay. I would push for an update ASAP, which is obvious.

Dpa1991

Just thought of an issue regarding ranks if I move to pix 1.8.9/1.10.2-1.11.2.

We are currently using PermissionsEx, if we update we would have to create an entirely new permissions problem so I don't know how I'd go about carrying over thousands of players ranks/permissions. Much more to figure out

krankenstein20

I still have one question, lets just say player x donates for a shiny mewtwo, and then player x decides to sell it to player y. Who would then get the legend if we go with poke resets, player x who bought it from the shop or player y who bought it from player x? If the first is the case then that isn't exactly fair on player y and if its the latter then how will it be kept track of? Like if you take me for example I can say for a fact that only one of my pokemon was caught in the game as that was the only one I personally caught, the others I have little to no way of possibly knowing

Nubbun

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Jan 22, 2017, 09:49 PMI still have one question, lets just say player x donates for a shiny mewtwo, and then player x decides to sell it to player y. Who would then get the legend if we go with poke resets, player x who bought it from the shop or player y who bought it from player x? If the first is the case then that isn't exactly fair on player y and if its the latter then how will it be kept track of? Like if you take me for example I can say for a fact that only one of my pokemon was caught in the game as that was the only one I personally caught, the others I have little to no way of possibly knowing
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 18, 2017, 08:46 PMAs for donations, I'll have to figure this one out because say you keep your donated Lugia then request a return on it now you have two.
I think he's trying to think stuff like that through

\(◎o◎)/

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 22, 2017, 12:43 AMJust thought of an issue regarding ranks if I move to pix 1.8.9/1.10.2-1.11.2.

We are currently using PermissionsEx, if we update we would have to create an entirely new permissions problem so I don't know how I'd go about carrying over thousands of players ranks/permissions. Much more to figure out
I think a rank reset would give old players something to do, instead of remaining the same ol ranks and just going to through the ranks faster
 Changing some of the ranks we currently have like the starter ranks, Changing them to other starters or something new altogether.
Adding a couple of new ranks like something after Elite4(or the same as) like survival and its tycoon rank. after a couple months, redo the Champion Rank thing, im sure theres an admin or even someone who could host this once every one or two months, changing the rules every so often to add diversity. adding a rank that is higher then elite4(not including champion and staff ranks) that gives things like chestshop perms, could be that it needs 2000 hours and X amount of money. this could help keep those people who've crawled through the ranks help with keeping shops alive.
There are alot of ways this could work out.

Now for the donor ranks, isn't there a way to see who donated in the past 6months, and just give them back in their ranks?
I'm sure theres a way to grab a list of people who have said rank and just give them their rank back.

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Towelie

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 22, 2017, 12:43 AMJust thought of an issue regarding ranks if I move to pix 1.8.9/1.10.2-1.11.2.

Hopefully, a dev can make a mini-program for us in java which converts to the new format if needed.
However, since all plugins will be new not sure how that'd work either.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dpa1991

So i've been working countless hours on setting up a new server for an update. I have a pixelmon server running Pix 5.0.1 and MC 1.10.2 -- fairly stable at that.

I've set up a lot of the plugins, still tons tons tons more work to do. I'm currently working on the permissions system, and boy is it a pain.

I think I'm going to cut down on the ranks we have to something like this:

Zubat, Pikachu, Charizard, GymLeader, JMod, Mod, Manager, Admin, Owner (Then of course donator ranks, but im not mentioning those atm)

Anyways long story short, we might be able to update to the latest version of pix during this reset. I'm just running into some issues carrying over anything from the current 1.7.10 server.

iLaxrv10

@Dpa1991 - if you're cutting down on ranks, can we at least keep Elite too? Just this way people still have something over GymLeader
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Dpa1991

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jan 25, 2017, 09:19 PM@Dpa1991 - if you're cutting down on ranks, can we at least keep Elite too? Just this way people still have something over GymLeader

It should he possible. The new gym leader plugin allows for a much more functional system

Nubbun

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 25, 2017, 08:39 PMZubat, Pikachu, Charizard, GymLeader, JMod, Mod, Manager, Admin, Owner
That's a really random rankline like why charizard and not the other 2 starters?
And now that I think about it why zubat?
Yeah yeah zubats in a cave but it doesn't really show any sign of being a new start player, pidgey/rattata/starterpokemons/pikachu/trainer would've made more sense xd

(Doesn't really matter what the ranks say but just confused as to how those got chosen)

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl on Jan 25, 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 25, 2017, 08:39 PMZubat, Pikachu, Charizard, GymLeader, JMod, Mod, Manager, Admin, Owner
That's a really random rankline like why charizard and not the other 2 starters?
And now that I think about it why zubat?
Yeah yeah zubats in a cave but it doesn't really show any sign of being a new start player, pidgey/rattata/starterpokemons/pikachu/trainer would've made more sense xd

(Doesn't really matter what the ranks say but just confused as to how those got chosen)

It's just the ranks I've chosen, no real reason other than the fact I like those pokemon.

krankenstein20

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 25, 2017, 08:39 PMZubat, Pikachu, Charizard, GymLeader, JMod, Mod, Manager, Admin, Owner (Then of course donator ranks, but im not mentioning those atm)

*COUGH* eventhost

iLaxrv10

Just a general question, what if you're like me. A guy whose six Pokemon he wants to keep are all legendaries. You have my word that they'll never be sold because I care for them too much and have had them for too long. Would someone like me be able to bring his little friends over to the new land?
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jan 27, 2017, 11:05 PMJust a general question, what if you're like me. A guy whose six Pokemon he wants to keep are all legendaries. You have my word that they'll never be sold because I care for them too much and have had them for too long. Would someone like me be able to bring his little friends over to the new land?

If you brought them over we could trust you,  but then we have to bring over someone else's because they promise the same thing,  but they could just sell them all.
I'm sure bought products will be restored(within 6 months) 
I cannot say for Dpa, but I think a Pokemon reset could just keep the server dramaless, and the let the eco have a steady start.

Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

iLaxrv10

Quote from: DeltaCosmic on Jan 28, 2017, 02:36 AM<snip>
Fair enough, this is what I figured anyways. Im going to comply to any rule given b/c I'm super excited for this reset xD
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

Zombiekilla1227.

Hm, I like the idea for option 3 however but I was thinking say someone donated for more than 6 legends and was only able to bring over 1 or 6, well what if they got worried that a reset might happen again and refrain from donating due to not wanting to spend money and than lose what they got from it?

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: Zombiekilla1227. on Jan 28, 2017, 04:17 PMHm, I like the idea for option 3 however but I was thinking say someone donated for more than 6 legends and was only able to bring over 1 or 6, well what if they got worried that a reset might happen again and refrain from donating due to not wanting to spend money and than lose what they got from it?
Its simply telling them, a reset won't happen again unless absolutely necessary, And if say a reset to 1.11 is needed to be done, chances are Pokemon can still be transfered. Even if they don't ask, others will, or will donate anywho.

Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

platerfin

I think that being able to keep 6 pokemon would be good because many older players have found rare pokemon and have ived /eved pokemon which they don't want to loose