6 (7.1%)
Option 3
48 (56.5%)
Option 4
9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 24, 2017, 07:30 PM

Nubbun

What about mcmmo skills? (assuming that they're still a thing)
 I'm gonna be honest and say that that was one of the things that gave me an edge in one of the resets because I knew that way too few people had diamonds and my mcmmo excavation was able to get that in 30sec so I sold those to players xD

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Quote from: magl on Jan 18, 2017, 06:48 AMWhat about mcmmo skills? (assuming that they're still a thing)
 I'm gonna be honest and say that that was one of the things that gave me an edge in one of the resets because I knew that way too few people had diamonds and my mcmmo excavation was able to get that in 30sec so I sold those to players xD
I think they should be reset or nerfed too
@Dpa1991 ?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

DylbertDangle

Quote from: ASquattingDog on Jan 18, 2017, 01:16 AMIs this a full reset and update or is this a reset and watch people get angry and lose more people reset?
Would we be updating too, if not whats the point really. Reimbursement sounds nice, I'm assuming this is more replacement as to reimbursing all money spent as well :p.

Towelie

Quote from: Prince O Whales on Jan 18, 2017, 07:11 AM
Quote from: ASquattingDog on Jan 18, 2017, 01:16 AMIs this a full reset and update or is this a reset and watch people get angry and lose more people reset?
Would we be updating too, if not whats the point really. Reimbursement sounds nice, I'm assuming this is more replacement as to reimbursing all money spent as well :p.
According to dpa an update is not possible within a month. Keep in mind all the plugins that work on this server will not work on a new server.
So hopefully this reset will help us maintain players a little better, with also having some ads run and technic working on fixing their ranking (Which would put us way closer to the first few pages).
Then we can focus on an update, and when that's the case, we'll most likely run the two servers in parallel, with the newer one becoming the default.

PS: By not possible I mean it would be an inferior modpack/server with far fewer mods / plugins and most of everything broken or different.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

graven2603

Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 18, 2017, 02:40 AM
Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 17, 2017, 09:09 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:32 PM
Quote from: Sparta123 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:27 PMIf people have choice on the 6 pokes they want then they'll take the rare ones and mass produce them in my opinion the whole reason Pixelmon is dying is because there's no updates to the actual pack itself and yes I know you physically can't update it but that's what I think is the main problem so I think a full reset of everything would be the best way.

People could be limited to what they can bring like 1 ditto, 1 legendary and maybe 3 shinys/ 2 perfect pokemon (IV)
That is waaaay too hard to monitor.

Have people put in a screenshot of the pokemon they want to keep and a staff member could tell them what can/can't be taken over,

But it would be better if everything but those in our party where reset: Map, wallets and pc. that would be good
People could go into singleplayer and get what they want by going into creative and pokespawning and getting master balls

Yes but in no way is it possible to transfer items between single and multiplayer and if there was a way then the player would be banned and the items confiscated
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Nubbun

Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 18, 2017, 09:02 AM
Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 18, 2017, 02:40 AM
Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 17, 2017, 09:09 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:32 PM
Quote from: Sparta123 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:27 PMIf people have choice on the 6 pokes they want then they'll take the rare ones and mass produce them in my opinion the whole reason Pixelmon is dying is because there's no updates to the actual pack itself and yes I know you physically can't update it but that's what I think is the main problem so I think a full reset of everything would be the best way.

People could be limited to what they can bring like 1 ditto, 1 legendary and maybe 3 shinys/ 2 perfect pokemon (IV)
That is waaaay too hard to monitor.

Have people put in a screenshot of the pokemon they want to keep and a staff member could tell them what can/can't be taken over,

But it would be better if everything but those in our party where reset: Map, wallets and pc. that would be good
People could go into singleplayer and get what they want by going into creative and pokespawning and getting master balls

Yes but in no way is it possible to transfer items between single and multiplayer and if there was a way then the player would be banned and the items confiscated
think they were referring to the "Have people put in a screenshot" part

\(◎o◎)/

Chocobo123456

With all this going on i feel like i should point this out

Just because people are voting for number 3 more than number 1 2 or 4(god help those who voted for 4(jk its your opinion and your vote can matter)) doesn't mean that you have to vote for number 3 or any other number as well!

If you feel like there is a completely different reason like my reason for having everything refreshed so that way it would give people something to do and work towards and give old people a reason to comeback (im looking at you @magl2904 i miss ya).

Ya to be completely honest i dislike losing some of the shinys that i found yet most of the shinys i have obtained where by buying or by trading or even wondertrading. So ya i won't be to heartbroken about losing them, but others might and that's why i see number 1 may be a problem as people could drop out of playing since they lost all of their great pokemon that they worked so hard for.

The point that i want to get across is that be honest with yourself and vote for the one that you truly believe in and not one that you think is the most popular or some other bull shrimp like that.

I hope that you really do vote the way you feel and understand what i'm trying to say here and well thanks for taking time out of your day to read this -Your friendly neighborhood chocobo

ASquattingDog

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 18, 2017, 07:51 AM
According to dpa an update is not possible within a month. Keep in mind all the plugins that work on this server will not work on a new server.
So hopefully this reset will help us maintain players a little better, with also having some ads run and technic working on fixing their ranking (Which would put us way closer to the first few pages).
Then we can focus on an update, and when that's the case, we'll most likely run the two servers in parallel, with the newer one becoming the default.

PS: By not possible I mean it would be an inferior modpack/server with far fewer mods / plugins and most of everything broken or different.
Why even reset the old version if there is a new updated version coming out? Resetting the old one won't do much considering new players join to try to get an updated version so I see no point.

DreamingAtDawn03

So here is my take on all of this. Some people are upset to think that others might bring op pokes if they are allowed to keep 6. This confuses me. Every new player that comes on, has to deal with the fact that others have been playing for years, therefore have more of everything, and better everything than they do. Personally, I don't see that there is that much of a difference here. Yes, some people that were here longer, have played more hours, or have generally put more into the game, will indeed have better pokemon, more money, and overall better stuff. If you personally pick 6 of your best pokemon, the next persons pokemon would then be better or worse. Is that not how the game is suposed to work. I feel that people that have put in literally hundreds to thousands of hours into this game, deserve to keep something they spent all of that time on. These people are not just sitting around chatting normally, they are out there gathering materials, training their pokes, or any other number of things. I noticed one comment asking if sense they don't play to often do to real life, they could keep the stuff they have sense it took ages to get. I am sorry, but that is not even close to fair to those that have been playing and would lose everything, that have spent more time on and getting their stuff, so I do not see the logic in that comment.
I am curious as to why this 6 pokemon thing vs. full reset is such a big debate. Yes, people will chose the best they have. Shouldn't they have the right to do that given that they took the time to make those the best. Half the poke balance wiped is the same thing. For people that worked for the money, the will not lose everything they have spent sometimes years accruing.
I honestly feel that the Pokemon and Money have been purchased or earned. Those people should have the right to keep a tiny fraction of what they have worked so hard for. Just like in real life, nothing is ever a complete balance or everything would be ultra boring. Think of this, if everyone starts from scratch, yes there is an even playing field for the first few hours. But after that, some people will have better or more pokes, some will have gone right to gathering so will have stuff to sell, and others will be in school or at work when all of this is happening, so will be behind when they log in. There is absolutely no way to make everything even for everyone all of the time. If that was the case, what would be the point in any of it?
Lastly, everyone tends to complain about this or that, and no one has thanked the team that is working their butts off, spending their own time and money, and sitting there reading nothing but complaints or suggestions. These people also have lives outside of Pix, and also will be loosing stuff if they reset. Please always try and remember that anything that affects you, also affects others. Thank you team, for all of your hard work. I know you will do what you, as a team not an individual, feel will be best for the server, and I will support whatever that decision is.

Bosslaya

Yea screenshot e box thing forgeable
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

garow93

I voted for a full reset. People may be like "oh but you're an admin you can just spawn whatever you want." There are a few things wrong with that:

1. I don't keep anything I spawn in. I may spawn stuff in to look at it or to mess around, but afterwards it's immediately deleted.
2. I am one of the oldest players on pixelmon left, only knowing a few that are older than me. During this time I have acquired a lot of Pokemon, hundreds of shinies and so many 6iv and 5iv pokes that I don't even know what to do with them(giving them away crashes the market for others who are trying to make money by selling shinies/iv pokes)
3. If we allow people to bring 6 pokemon of their choosing, this allows them to bring in 6 perfect iv pokes and already start the breeding overflow that we have as is(it won't be too long before people have full pokeranches setup with destiny knots and everstones(not that hard to get if you grind bosses long enough.) A full reset eliminates this part of it and allows a completely level playing field for everyone to start over on(as far as IV'd pokes is concerned)

DylbertDangle

Jan 18, 2017, 08:39 PM #36 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017, 08:49 PM by Prince O Whales
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 18, 2017, 07:51 AM

And what of the donations? My main question which was overlooked. xD Also the average player on here doesn't really seem to care for mods, there is just a demand to update newer models are wanted. As are new pokemon.

graven2603

Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 18, 2017, 06:49 PMYea screenshot e box thing forgeable

the staff wouldn't give you the pokemon you would keep them in your party and it would carry over #imposable to forge
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Bosslaya

Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 18, 2017, 08:40 PM
Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 18, 2017, 06:49 PMYea screenshot e box thing forgeable

the staff wouldn't give you the pokemon you would keep them in your party and it would carry over #imposable to forge

Im talking about screenshot a box
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

Dpa1991

Replying from my phone so I can't cover everyone right now.

With a reset I'll be resetting mcmmo  (maybe switch to sftmmo if people want, if possible) and economy 100%. The only thing I am willing to carry over would be your party pokemon.

As for donations, I'll have to figure this one out because say you keep your donated Lugia then request a return on it now you have two.

ASquattingDog

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 18, 2017, 08:46 PMReplying from my phone so I can't cover everyone right now.

With a reset I'll be resetting mcmmo  (maybe switch to sftmmo if people want, if possible) and economy 100%. The only thing I am willing to carry over would be your party pokemon.

As for donations, I'll have to figure this one out because say you keep your donated Lugia then request a return on it now you have two.
What about bought commands? I bought /fly, /badge, /talk, /mytime, and more with my supporter rank

DylbertDangle

Are autoshop permissions going to carry over (I vote yes for these to carry over)

ZachAttack1170

I quit Pixelmon because I had everything. If we got to keep 6 pokemon, that'd be great but also a bit op for a few people. So I vote full reset!

Dpa1991

Quote from: ASquattingDog on Jan 18, 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 18, 2017, 08:46 PMReplying from my phone so I can't cover everyone right now.

With a reset I'll be resetting mcmmo  (maybe switch to sftmmo if people want, if possible) and economy 100%. The only thing I am willing to carry over would be your party pokemon.

What about bought commands? I bought /fly, /badge, /talk, /mytime, and more with my supporter rank

Nothing is set in stone yet, we still have a lot of planning to do. I'd imagine permissions will carry over, maybe not ranks? Or we will just keep these ranks as unobtainable and come up with new ranks but that sounds confusing.

I want to make sure everyone has something to work for

DeltaCosmic

I voted for full reset, garow said what i was going to say.
The money is overflowing(i think it reached 500mil-2bil)

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

krankenstein20

Problems with a full reset means that donated pokemon are basically the only pokemon. And by that I mean lets just say I donated for a zapdos, when it resets I will be one of the very few people with a zapdos and prices for them will skyrocket. Also my other question wasn't answered what about pokemon that were bought yet traded, how will you keep track? Lastly IMO I would personally make it so that you can keep your pokes as some people have poured thousands of hours into this game, also yes they might be able to sell good pokemon again, but getting perfect iv pokemon isn't exactly easy :/ along with hidden ability, nature, evs. Those alone take a large amount of time and even if we did reset people will just go straight back to doing this again so it would just delay the problem a tiny amount, not solve it

ASquattingDog

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 18, 2017, 09:00 PM
Quote from: ASquattingDog on Jan 18, 2017, 08:48 PM

With a reset I'll be resetting mcmmo  (maybe switch to sftmmo if people want, if possible) and economy 100%. The only thing I am willing to carry over would be your party pokemon.

Nothing is set in stone yet, we still have a lot of planning to do. I'd imagine permissions will carry over, maybe not ranks? Or we will just keep these ranks as unobtainable and come up with new ranks but that sounds confusing.

I want to make sure everyone has something to work for
What about the ranks I donated for? (Supporter)

DylbertDangle

Jan 19, 2017, 07:21 PM #47 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 07:25 PM by Prince O Whales
Is this going to be legitimate reimbursement, or are you just going to be giving us the donated items back. If so giving us our items back is not reimbursement its replacement, and if I recall all prices on pix shop were lowered, so if anything shouldn't that give us the same amount of store credit as we donated for(to be used in the current lower priced shop) as to just giving us those items back. This was not clarified and I know a few who are wondering what the plan is. Could @Dpa1991  or @Towelie  clear things up on this.

Dpa1991

@ASquattingDog the ranks haven't been decided on.

@Prince O Whales replacement, not reimbursement. We will go through the purchase history and re-deliver packages that you paid for already within the listed time frame.

However, nothing has been discussed or set in stone yet as the point of this topic is to test the waters to see what players want, after we discuss this there will be another topic posted with more details for us to all decide on to be the best course of action.

ASquattingDog

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jan 19, 2017, 07:29 PM@ASquattingDog the ranks haven't been decided on.

@Prince O Whales replacement, not reimbursement. We will go through the purchase history and re-deliver packages that you paid for already within the listed time frame.

However, nothing has been discussed or set in stone yet as the point of this topic is to test the waters to see what players want, after we discuss this there will be another topic posted with more details for us to all decide on to be the best course of action.
So you're saying that I spent like $75-$85 on ranks that I might not even get back?