Mar 29, 2024, 05:36 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Lottery/Reactions

Started by ZachAttack1170, Jan 21, 2017, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachAttack1170

I was thinking back to my time on Pixelmon, and remembered reactions and the lottery, which were some of the 2 things that were a ton fun to do when I got bored. There were points when I'd just sit waiting for a reaction and the lottery to end. Ah, the good old days.

If you haven't been on Pixelmon (Pix), reactions are basically "unscramble the word: ___" or "Type the word: Hazelnut" or whatever. The first one to type/unscramble the word correctly won. There were over a thousand words to have to type/unscramble, and it was the competition of an event fit into a matter of seconds. These occurred about every 2 minutes, and if you won you got a prize ranging from apricorns to pokeballs (Pix stuff). There was also a reaction top, where the people with the most wins are. I was thinking, if it was possible, we could get this on Lost. I brought it up before, and it would be really cool to have on Lost, but I'd recommend one every like 5-10 minutes just so people don't learn the words as fast. I'd also be willing to come up with the reaction words, and make most of them Lost themed. Maybe we also don't need 10 pages of reaction winners, only 1 or 2.

There was also the lottery. The lottery, each person could buy a max of 10 tickets, each 10K (might be wrong about that). Each time someone bought a ticket, 3K would be added to the pot (might also be wrong). Then there was a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place, each winning prizes, with 1st being the best and etc. The lottery was every 24 hours (I think). For Lost, we could keep the tickets at 10K, but maybe add 5K per ticket, with a max of 2 tickets per player, because our economy is op and we don't have as much players.

These would both make Lost more lively, and the lottery might make the economy less op by draining money. Is this possible @blalp ? I recommended it before but never knew if it was possible or not. Thanks!

Mord3005

i support that idea :D also, i love the reaction on bteam (i'm the fastest there, it's time for new opponents xD)
Modded Ex-Owner

pwnswords

don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Rose2247

I say we should add it

Quote from: Mord3005 on Jan 22, 2017, 12:11 AMi support that idea :D also, i love the reaction on bteam (i'm the fastest there, it's time for new opponents xD)
mord, I'm watching you buddy
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Mord3005

if you look at it in general, i'm logically not always the fastest, but most of the times, and none can hold a streak against me :P
Modded Ex-Owner

Rose2247

Quote from: Mord3005 on Jan 24, 2017, 06:28 PMif you look at it in general, i'm logically not always the fastest, but most of the times, and none can hold a streak against me :P

Like I said...I'm watching you buddy

ZachAttack1170

I was pretty good in my day, was #2 on Pix now #7. But my r key is broken so rip I won't be able to type.

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: Lachesism on Jan 24, 2017, 09:57 PMI was pretty good in my day, was #2 on Pix now #7. But my r key is broken so rip I won't be able to type.
Well now that pix is pretty much barren, you can be no1

ZachAttack1170

Towelie

Added ChatReaction @blalp

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

blalp

@Lachesism You said you wanted to make some custom words?
Have a fantastic day!

ZachAttack1170

I don't necessarily want them, but I would volunteer to make some Lost specific words.

Rose2247

I want to too if possible lol

ZachAttack1170

@blalp can we get perms for /reaction top? And maybe /reaction (player) if that's a thing.

Relevant_Chaos

I'd love to add some word as well
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Lachesism on Jan 26, 2017, 12:18 AM@blalp can we get perms for /reaction top? And maybe /reaction (player) if that's a thing.
done.
Quote from: Lachesism on Jan 21, 2017, 09:46 PMThere was also the lottery. The lottery, each person could buy a max of 10 tickets, each 10K (might be wrong about that). Each time someone bought a ticket, 3K would be added to the pot (might also be wrong). Then there was a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place, each winning prizes, with 1st being the best and etc. The lottery was every 24 hours (I think). For Lost, we could keep the tickets at 10K, but maybe add 5K per ticket, with a max of 2 tickets per player, because our economy is op and we don't have as much players.
@Towelie can you add lottery pls/talk to me about it?
Have a fantastic day!

Towelie

Blalp - Lottery wouldn't work, at least not our version of the lottery because it doesn't even draw with <6 players online.
So you'd have to find another plugin.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796