Mar 28, 2024, 10:41 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Lost Islands] Reaction Words Capitalized?

Started by blalp, Jan 26, 2017, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering if you guys wanted the reaction words capitalized.

Yes, but the "words" can only be one word (Bat, Hat, ect.) but not (BloodMagic, BlackHoleWandFocus) or (cat)
1 (12.5%)
Yes, but the "words" can be more than one word (BloodMagic, BlackHoleWandFocus) or (Bat, Hat, ect.) but not (cat)
5 (62.5%)
No,  (cat) but not (BloodMagic, BlackHoleWandFocus) or (Bat, Hat, ect.)
1 (12.5%)
Both, have "words" that are one word non-caps and "words" that are more than one word caps. but the "words" can be more than one word (BloodMagic, BlackHoleWandFocus) or (cat) but not (Bat, Hat, ect.)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

blalp

When I am referring to "words" I am talking about one of the list of words that you have to de-scramble/type. If you want to suggest some of these "words" please go here!
Have a fantastic day!

Foonsen

Jan 27, 2017, 12:47 AM #1 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2017, 06:40 PM by Foonsen
We should only capitalize proper nouns (i.e. California, and Johny) but not regular nouns (i.e. apple, and glacier)

When it comes to compound proper nouns they should be capitalized(i.e Bloodmagic, and Thaumcraft) but compound nouns shouldn't be capitalized (i.e. firefly, and notebook)

I think we should format like this because it is grammatically correct and would be consistent between compound and regular words.
[Lost Islands Manager]

Tyler7733

I agree with Foon, except for the fact that what he is referring to are proper nouns, not pronouns.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Relevant_Chaos

I thinks that all of the words should be capitalised, regardless of the type of word. It gives a clue to the actual word, because some of the words are ridiculous to work out. its no fun when the words are scrambled and no one can understand what it could be.  nkldoegw would be hard to decrypt than nKldoegw, at least the players are given a hint
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

smallfry5545

Capitalize words that are normally capitalized. Things such as people, places etc. Normals words such as dog don't really need capitalization.

Tldr; basically what foon said.

blalp

Multiple words will be capitated per word and nouns will also be capitalized.
Have a fantastic day!