[Survival] Economy Reset Poll

Started by Towelie, Jan 29, 2017, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we reset the economy (set everyone's balance to 0?)

Yes
39 (33.6%)
No
59 (50.9%)
No, but you should reduce everyone's balances by 50% or higher
18 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2017, 05:14 PM

Towelie

Jan 29, 2017, 05:14 PM Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017, 05:26 PM by Towelie
Obviously, my reason for making this post is NOT because I want to make people angry, but because I want to find a way to give people stuff to do again.
A full reset currently would probably kill SFT as a lot of the existing players would be frustrated and leave.
So how about we find the causes of why the economy is as it is (and fix them) and then do an economy reset?

What I want you to do:
- Tell me why you think the economy is as bad (stick to facts, not opinions)
- Vote in the poll whether we should have an economy reset on Survival

NOTE: This is just a poll to find out people's opinions. Don't panick yet.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HD

ironlord82

Im not sure i understand what an economy reset is... Please clarify
ЯSБΓ MIИSΓΞЯ ФF DΞFΞИSΞ

O O F ' D

Towelie

Quote from: ironlord82 on Jan 29, 2017, 05:17 PMIm not sure i understand what an economy reset is... Please clarify
Setting everyone's EmpBuck balance to 0 (or whatever the starting balance is)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ironlord82

will we keep our permissions like auto perms and such?
ЯSБΓ MIИSΓΞЯ ФF DΞFΞИSΞ

O O F ' D

Towelie

Quote from: ironlord82 on Jan 29, 2017, 05:19 PMwill we keep our permissions like auto perms and such?
Yes, this is only an economy reset.

MrRed2017

@Towelie, I suggest to keep everyone's balance, but to raise taxes from 10% to 20% (or even 25%). This way, people will spend more money, therefore balancing the economy. Also maybe increase the sell (people buy from emp) prices of items at emp.

Like this post if you agree.

omelott

If everyones' balance was set to zero, wouldn't people just convert their money into diamond blocks before it happens?

Seems too problematic. I voted "no". :P

Lucy_23x

Quote from: omelott on Jan 29, 2017, 05:23 PMIf everyones' balance was set to zero, wouldn't people just convert their money into diamond blocks before it happens?
Shut uppp.... ......

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Quote from: omelott on Jan 29, 2017, 05:23 PMIf everyones' balance was set to zero, wouldn't people just convert their money into diamond blocks before it happens?
A valid concern. However, when they sell those diamond blocks back they will be worth roughly a third of what they were worth before.

dokmosh

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Jan 29, 2017, 05:22 PM@Towelie, I suggest to keep everyone's balance, but to raise taxes from 10% to 20% (or even 25%). This way, people will spend more money, therefore balancing the economy. Also maybe increase the sell (people buy from emp) prices of items at emp.

The emp is already overpriced compared to autoshops and if you increased the prices it would cause more people to not buy from the emp and would make the economy slightly worse. The taxing idea is good but it would just make everyone mad. If you reset the economy it would happen people would be mad for a while then forget about it like it never happened. I believe the economy reset is the best way to go.

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

Please also focus on my other question:

- What is the current cause of the economy issues (not opinions, i need facts like x is overpriced, or the emp prices are this or that)

Baller

If yes wins, you guys could debate freezing autoshop buying and selling for a while that way people can't keep a decent amount of their wealth.

Fractalion

I would say a full reset is necessary.

I think the fact that I've completed all there is to do (at least in my opinion) is a large part of the reason I have lost interest in survival. I have enough money to buy just about anything, I have all the SFTMMO stats that matter/aren't broken maxed out (was flying ever fixed? I stopped playing when it was broken, but I don't recall hearing anything about a fix.) I used to enjoy selling people enchanted stuff, but after so many ways of repairing items were added, demand dried up to almost nothing.

I know you said you think a full reset would drive people away, but honestly I think we're probably long overdue at this point. Plus, as omelott said, people are just going to find ways of sneaking wealth through to the new economy. The only way we're going to get a truly fresh start is if we reset everything.

Towelie

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Jan 29, 2017, 05:22 PM@Towelie, I suggest to keep everyone's balance, but to raise taxes from 10% to 20% (or even 25%). This way, people will spend more money, therefore balancing the economy. Also maybe increase the sell (people buy from emp) prices of items at emp.

I agree with 20%. It's the tax mostly distributed in the real world (VAT is 20% in uk, 19% in Romania and around that in the other countries)

American_Walrus

No. Using @omelott 's idea, even though the prices will be deflated, it will still be the same, just at a different ratio. If I have 9mil and Ome has 3mil, and the prices of everything decrease by 1/3, I still have 3 times of what ome has. I would have 3 mil while he has 1mil.

This would be a situation where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor, unless in the scenario where the rich don't utilize the idea of investment.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jan 29, 2017, 05:32 PMI would say a full reset is necessary.

I think the fact that I've completed all there is to do (at least in my opinion) is a large part of the reason I have lost interest in survival. I have enough money to buy just about anything, I have all the SFTMMO stats that matter/aren't broken maxed out (was flying ever fixed? I stopped playing when it was broken, but I don't recall hearing anything about a fix.) I used to enjoy selling people enchanted stuff, but after so many ways of repairing items were added, demand dried up to almost nothing.

I know you said you think a full reset would drive people away, but honestly I think we're probably long overdue at this point. Plus, as omelott said, people are just going to find ways of sneaking wealth through to the new economy. The only way we're going to get a truly fresh start is if we reset everything.
It was disabled (the elitra skill)
A full reset would be a logistical nightmare. We would need two new spawn towns, two different worlds and it would basically be easier to just set up a brand new server (clone of survival) and work on that while survival runs. But I worry it would drive too many players away, in a time where we are already a bit fragile.

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 29, 2017, 05:33 PMNo. Using @omelott 's idea, even though the prices will be deflated, it will still be the same, just at a different ratio. If I have 9mil and Ome has 3mil, and the prices of everything decrease by 1/3, I still have 3 times of what ome has. I would have 3 mil while he has 1mil.
So by that logic people shouldn't mind if I reduced everyone's balances by 90% but I tried that idea and people hated it.

N1ux_

Even if you reset economy there is ways around it, people will buy items then sell again and that is what minecraft was made to be

Groot_69

I don't think we need a economy reset. I think everything is okay the way it is. Just make more ways to make money.
I personally think the emp pricing is a little bit ridiculous but that's not my call.

P.S. I feel if we get a economy reset I wouldn't be on anymore....

Towelie

At this point, after thorough thinking, I don't think we need an economy reset myself.
I think we need to fix the reasons why the economy got this way (eg: reduce sell prices of stuff that got way easier to obtain via sftmmo and slimefun and increase tax to 15%-20%)

But seing as numerous others suggested this, I decided to make a poll. I am not going to reset it, this is purely an informative poll.

4dan7

Wouldn't the rich just buy 500k voucher tokens from emp or off players and then after the reset cash them in at the emp and get their savings back like a bank? Just a idea!   :P
Keep It Classy.-4Dan

American_Walrus

No matter what you do, the rich will continue to get rich. No matter what you do, people will constantly go to mallusa and gbstore. Taking away all the money will only stall what is inevitable. But yeah, emp prices are a bit out there. Just because you can charge that much doesn't mean you should

chubbydale

I do think that there should be an economy reset because it would give sft a new start, and would take away the power of the wealthier players, and would create a better community in my opinion. :D