Mar 28, 2024, 06:49 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

About this Board

Started by VirginianAE, Jan 30, 2017, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginianAE

Jan 30, 2017, 05:07 AM Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022, 02:55 PM by Maya546
If you have something about your government, city, empire, kingdom, nation or whatever else, please post it in this board.  Honestly, I'm just trying to keep the "[]" tags down to a minimum.  After a while, they stop meaning anything and people just ignore them.

So.... yeah.  I'll say that if you want to keep a single thread open in this forum for your 'newsletters' as some means of outreach, go for it.  Just don't shamelessly bump the thing every day.

Contact the Board Mods if any of the rules aren't taken seriously or if you have any concerns.

Towelie

Agreed, I like that these nations/communities/towns are happening but we have a board for that.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HD

I like the conclusion you guys made about this :heart: Thanks

MrChanango

Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Green_Giant

Could be a good idea to renamed the Guilds board to Guilds, Towns and Communities.

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 30, 2017, 12:55 PMCould be a good idea to renamed the Guilds board to Guilds, Towns and Communities.
I agree ^^^

Long time StarNomad

MrRed2017

We could also have a League of Nations (the current organization for almost all nations, similar to the UN and NATO) Board, with sub-boards for each existing nation or government. Within those sub-boards the owners/kings/prime ministers/preisidents of the nations can create their own "sub-sub" board within their sub-board for their needs, if that makes sense.

Green_Giant

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Jan 30, 2017, 08:25 PMWe could also have a League of Nations (the current organization for almost all nations, similar to the UN and NATO) Board, with sub-boards for each existing nation or government. Within those sub-boards the owners/kings/prime ministers/preisidents of the nations can create their own "sub-sub" board within their sub-board for their needs, if that makes sense.
Not necessary, and besides theres only like 2. No need to over-complicate things.

Nicadean33

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jan 30, 2017, 12:55 PMCould be a good idea to renamed the Guilds board to Guilds, Towns and Communities.

If we do change it I vote to use the Oxford comma. Let's start this English war. Guilds, Towns, and Communities.

Fractalion

Although I approve of this change, could we please have a sub-board added to the guild board for guild/community/nation discussions?

That way, there's a single board where all of the miscellaneous topics associated with the current nations can exist without being scattered across the entire forum. They could all be moved to the guild board, sure, but then the guild board would become a mess. I feel it would be better to give them their own space to exist.

MrRed2017

Quote from: Fractalion on Jan 31, 2017, 03:16 AMAlthough I approve of this change, could we please have a sub-board added to the guild board for guild/community/nation discussions?

That way, there's a single board where all of the miscellaneous topics associated with the current nations can exist without being scattered across the entire forum. They could all be moved to the guild board, sure, but then the guild board would become a mess. I feel it would be better to give them their own space to exist.

That's kind of, but not exactly what I suggested.

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Jan 30, 2017, 08:25 PMWe could also have a League of Nations (the current organization for almost all nations, similar to the UN and NATO) Board, with sub-boards for each existing nation or government. Within those sub-boards the owners/kings/prime ministers/preisidents of the nations can create their own "sub-sub" board within their sub-board for their needs, if that makes sense.

Like the idea tho.

Fractalion

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Jan 31, 2017, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jan 31, 2017, 03:16 AMAlthough I approve of this change, could we please have a sub-board added to the guild board for guild/community/nation discussions?

That's kind of, but not exactly what I suggested.

Like the idea tho.

While similar, there's definitely a huge difference between one sub board and a whole new board that has sub boards within sub boards.
I'm proposing one new board, you're proposing at least seven plus additional upkeep as time goes on. xd

Plus mine would be a place for guilds to post their miscellaneous topics, as well.

VirginianAE

@MrRed2017 I want to remind you of this post. You have several recent threads that you are not posting in the guilds board. Please cooperate.

Doctor_Thanos

Quite sorry I didn't get involved into this earlier but I would keep forgetting.  :-\

I think that this should be the case for community posts only. If a town is just a project without an active community but lists Owners, Contributors, Donators and screenshots of the whole thing why shouldn't it be part of The Exhibition or Community Projects? Towns are considered projects too.

For example, I can tell from first hand that Petit Paris no longer has any political system and is just a project where people can live in etc. The Guilds board should be used for things more like a team or a mini-society, not a plain project.

MrRed2017

Quote from: Thanos on Feb 07, 2017, 08:46 PMQuite sorry I didn't get involved into this earlier but I would keep forgetting.  :-\

I think that this should be the case for community posts only. If a town is just a project without an active community but lists Owners, Contributors, Donators and screenshots of the whole thing why shouldn't it be part of The Exhibition or Community Projects? Towns are considered projects too.

For example, I can tell from first hand that Petit Paris no longer has any political system and is just a project where people can live in etc. The Guilds board should be used for things more like a team or a mini-society, not a plain project.

Agreed. Towns with just a small community and that are not politically related shoukd be considered a project, therefore should be in the exhibition board. If it's something like my nation with a government, systems and positions, then yes, I understand that that should belong in the guilds board.

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: MrRed2017 on Feb 07, 2017, 10:47 PM
Quote from: Thanos on Feb 07, 2017, 08:46 PMQuite sorry I didn't get involved into this earlier but I would keep forgetting.  :-\

Agreed. Towns with just a small community and that are not politically related shoukd be considered a project, therefore should be in the exhibition board. If it's something like my nation with a government, systems and positions, then yes, I understand that that should belong in the guilds board.
@Towelie  , @VirginianAE  what do you think about this?

Towelie

I personally think we should rename the Guilds board to Guilds, Towns and Nations

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 12, 2017, 10:18 AMI personally think we should rename the Guilds board to Guilds, Towns and Nations

I agree. I think it would breath a little bit more life into the Guild board, which currently only has a few active topics.

My only concern is with the miscellaneous topics that spring up from nations/towns. (Newspapers, polls, etc.) While there aren't that many at the moment, I feel like if many more nations start up, the guild board could become cluttered. That's why I still think there should be a sub-board added for guild/community/nation discussions. That way the main posts can be on a fairly clean board, and the miscellaneous posts can be in their own little area where they aren't causing any clutter.

Nicadean33

Quote from: Nicadean33 on Jan 31, 2017, 03:00 AM

If we do change it I vote to use the Oxford comma. Let's start this English war. Guilds, Towns, and Communities.

Comma, comma, and comma.

MrChanango

Quote from: Nicadean33 on Feb 12, 2017, 06:05 PM
Quote from: Nicadean33 on Jan 31, 2017, 03:00 AM

Comma, comma, and comma.
Commas before FANBOYS
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

smallfry5545

I'm going to bump this so hopefully it can be done. I fully agree with fractalion here;
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 12, 2017, 05:04 PMMy only concern is with the miscellaneous topics that spring up from nations/towns. (Newspapers, polls, etc.) While there aren't that many at the moment, I feel like if many more nations start up, the guild board could become cluttered. That's why I still think there should be a sub-board added for guild/community/nation discussions. That way the main posts can be on a fairly clean board, and the miscellaneous posts can be in their own little area where they aren't causing any clutter.
I feel it's already being spammed by super long posts about nations joining nations and whatnot. Can we create a sub-board for all those posts...Please?

Towelie

modified after like 100000000 years xD sorry for huge delay