[Pixelmon] Update to 1.10 / Reset coming soon

Started by Towelie, Feb 12, 2017, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The Pixelmon server will be updated to 1.10 (meaning everyone will start fresh as we cannot carry over your pokemon/world/etc).
The 1.7.10 server will continue to run independently for those players that are overly attached to their pokemon and don't want to start new (although we strongly recommend the 1.10 Pixelmon experience, which was designed from the ground up, by @Dpa1991 with a few key ideas: More things to do, more fun content and some core minecraft mechanics now enabled (eg: hunger), but also with plentiful food sources (vanilla as well as mods such as PAM HarvestCraft and so on)

Stay tuned, @Dpa1991 is hard at work on the server update, at this time we cannot give a clear estimate but we can say it will happen sooner rather than later!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Zesty

May I also add- if you choose to stay behind, you will most likely be playing almost all the time on your own.

Question- what will happen staff wise on the old server? Say someone wants to stay behind, will a staff member have to come on to moderate it?
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

stormshooter

Quote from: Zesty on Feb 12, 2017, 10:36 AMMay I also add- if you choose to stay behind, you will most likely be playing almost all the time on your own.

Question- what will happen staff wise on the old server? Say someone wants to stay behind, will a staff member have to come on to moderate it?
The old server will be staffed but not nearly as much as the new server simply because we don't have enough staff who would want to stay there. There are a few who can't run the update who may stay behind too.

Towelie

I will personally do my best to help every staff member have the new pix version working (I was able to help 2-3 people so far and I have a few tricks)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

Im happy that Ill be able to visit my shiny legendaries if I ever miss them xD but also happy its so close :D
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Chocobo123456

This is by far the best thing that has happend so far. Its very good ^_^

Nubbun

Quote from: Zesty on Feb 12, 2017, 10:36 AMMay I also add- if you choose to stay behind, you will most likely be playing almost all the time on your own.
isn't it already like that on there? :X

Anyways
Props to Dpa for putting so much work into the update (y)

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

It's driving me insane. Been working hard on it, but basically had to start over from scratch twice now. Had the permissions 99% done, but ended up having to switch the essentials plugin. Now I have to re-learn that plugin and re-assign all of the permissions again.

Then, I noticed the permissions plugin I was using had some incompatibility issues so I had to switch again, now I'm learning another whole new system..