Apr 19, 2024, 01:06 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Pixelmon] Suggest mods/plugins!

Started by Dpa1991, Jan 31, 2017, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey guys, I'm working on the pixelmon update, we'll be moving to Pixelmon 5.0.1 (MC 1.10.2) and I currently have a test server running surprisingly well. So I figured I'd offer you guys a chance to make suggestions for plugins/mods.

Where to find plugins:
Here

Where to find mods:
Here

We are currently working on MC 1.10.2

I won't add every suggestion obviously, but I will take a look at each one.

xQuicScopex

are you looking for a specific type of mod to add? like do you want utility mods like extrautilities or random stuff like tinkers to add?

Dpa1991

I'm looking for anything people want that I think fit the theme I also want. While being useful enough to justify adding another mod to the pack, if that makes sense. So if you see something you like, suggest it - I'll take anything into consideration.

xQuicScopex

alright was just making sure there wasn't a specific theme you wanted :p

graven2603

Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

DeltaCosmic

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

LordAboddon

Hi, I am a recently returning player, i have 780 hours - give or take a few hours - on the server total since late 2013 (December, and was banned for about a year due to reasons that you can look at in my unban request) after playing for about 3 hours and reading lots of forum posts, here is what I can tell about the Pixelmon server.

1) It is, much like the Pokemon games, pointless after a point. In the games it's when you beat the Elite 4, in the server its after you have played for 100-ish hours and have: Lots of good Pokemon, a giant base, and all the resources you could ever want.

2) Because of reason 1 your players leave to go play something with more variety.

So then to fix this I would recommend doing some things you probably don't want to do, due to "Trying to be as close to the games as possible". Here is what i would suggest:

1) Add to your mod pack something absolutely massive, the Aether, a magical forest, SOMETHING to keep players interested in the game after that initial 100-ish hours, because honestly unless the person is willing to spend ALL of their resources on a ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE BUILD they are going to get bored, tick the completed box, and leave.

2) Have ACTUAL events, and make them last say a week or a weekend. Again something big though. have the Event host team go into a world and build a full event, with prizes. I am talking a full scale beat 8 gyms and the elite 4 in a weekend. Or even bigger than that. Just make sure there is variety, because otherwise people will leave.

3) If you are going to do the reset, do what the community voted for, but PLEASE set a date, and make sure everybody and their mother knows. post it in the communities other servers, post it on the server, post it on the forums, tweet it, Facebook, Vine. Make sure they know, because nothing is more frustrating that not knowing and joining and all your stuff is gone, then when you find out you could have kept stuff, not being able to keep the right stuff.

4) If you do the first thing, restrict it to a certain amount of hours, like you do with ranks. Say you have to have 125 hours, or a certain gym leader rank, or any number of things to regulate it.

5) Make it easier to obtain money in game, i know this sounds like it'll ruin the economy but really it will improve, let everyone have auto shop permissions. Based on when i used to play, what would happen is people that had lots of money ran shops, the problem came when MASSIVE auto shops would stomp out player run shops because the people running the player run shops had to be there. So making money was hard unless you donated for auto-shop perms, or had mass amounts of needed resources to sell to the spawn auto shop.

6) Make this communities other servers aware of Pixelmon, i don't play any of the other servers because unless i search for the IPs to them in the forums, id never know.

7) At the very least add something that adds more GOALS to achieve, if it's ambiguous but still adds new content and things to do, then its perfect. ie the things i mentioned in the first thing.

Thanks for reading (if anybody bothers to read this) lets make this community great again!

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: LordAboddon on Feb 01, 2017, 06:49 PMHi, I am a recently returning player, i have 780 hours - give or take a few hours - on the server total since late 2013 (December, and was banned for about a year due to reasons that you can look at in my unban request) after playing for about 3 hours and reading lots of forum posts, here is what I can tell about the Pixelmon server.

1) It is, much like the Pokemon games, pointless after a point. In the games it's when you beat the Elite 4, in the server its after you have played for 100-ish hours and have: Lots of good Pokemon, a giant base, and all the resources you could ever want.

2) Because of reason 1 your players leave to go play something with more variety.

So then to fix this I would recommend doing some things you probably don't want to do, due to "Trying to be as close to the games as possible". Here is what i would suggest:

1) Add to your mod pack something absolutely massive, the Aether, a magical forest, SOMETHING to keep players interested in the game after that initial 100-ish hours, because honestly unless the person is willing to spend ALL of their resources on a ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE BUILD they are going to get bored, tick the completed box, and leave.

2) Have ACTUAL events, and make them last say a week or a weekend. Again something big though. have the Event host team go into a world and build a full event, with prizes. I am talking a full scale beat 8 gyms and the elite 4 in a weekend. Or even bigger than that. Just make sure there is variety, because otherwise people will leave.

3) If you are going to do the reset, do what the community voted for, but PLEASE set a date, and make sure everybody and their mother knows. post it in the communities other servers, post it on the server, post it on the forums, tweet it, Facebook, Vine. Make sure they know, because nothing is more frustrating that not knowing and joining and all your stuff is gone, then when you find out you could have kept stuff, not being able to keep the right stuff.

4) If you do the first thing, restrict it to a certain amount of hours, like you do with ranks. Say you have to have 125 hours, or a certain gym leader rank, or any number of things to regulate it.

5) Make it easier to obtain money in game, i know this sounds like it'll ruin the economy but really it will improve, let everyone have auto shop permissions. Based on when i used to play, what would happen is people that had lots of money ran shops, the problem came when MASSIVE auto shops would stomp out player run shops because the people running the player run shops had to be there. So making money was hard unless you donated for auto-shop perms, or had mass amounts of needed resources to sell to the spawn auto shop.

6) Make this communities other servers aware of Pixelmon, i don't play any of the other servers because unless i search for the IPs to them in the forums, id never know.

7) At the very least add something that adds more GOALS to achieve, if it's ambiguous but still adds new content and things to do, then its perfect. ie the things i mentioned in the first thing.

Thanks for reading (if anybody bothers to read this) lets make this community great again!

Well worded, I would like to see what else you can come up with once you get back into the pixelmoning, Most of these are being done
As for player run shops, i don't think we can give those out to everybody, But I think maybe Gym6/7 or something along those lines could get it.
For Number 7, Finding Mods that both fit in both figuratively and compatibly isn't the easiest thing due to not many mods being for 1.10
(and 1.11 to make sure updating won't be hectic)
For Number 5, the easier it is to make money, the less its actually worth, Keeping the eco balanced and well run keeps things in tact, im sure there will be 100s of ways to make money.
For Number 6, We are, Broadcasts, letting other people know ETC
For Number 2, Events get tiring for players after awhile, coming up with new ideas and something big isnt the easiest thing, However, I think taking a page out of Survivals book and letting certain events hosted by a couple of Hosts+ for big winnings would help out, we used to do this building contest thing, whatever happened to it, not sure, but I think that brought attention and something to do.
For Number 1, Pixelmon is a very large mod in its own, Adding a BIGGER or as BIG mod makes it hard to load, not everyone is a computer wiz with a perfect PC.

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Dday694

Quote from: LordAboddon on Feb 01, 2017, 06:49 PMI would recommend doing some things you probably don't want to do, due to "Trying to be as close to the games as possible". Here is what i would suggest:

We tried this once when Dpa and myself looked into adding the Starminer and Ugocraft mods.

Although cool in perspective and a great way to add on, both test maps could barely function at all. It is like Cosmic said, that the pix mod itself (especially with the newer version and extra things it has as well) makes adding other major mods very difficult. Although we are trying to find the best side add ons to look into adding to the new version, this will probably be highly unlikely unless everything miraculously clicks and the server can handle over 2+ gb of space to just run smoothly.

LordAboddon

Hello again!

Somethings I've noticed as well as some potential fixes to some problems addressed.

After playing a bit more I noticed that barely anybody gets on the Pixelmon server, and those that do, aren't vocal in chat, and don't like to talk to other people. There is also a noticeable lack of staff (at least when i was playing last night) and i had to PM KasaiHono on discord to get a region claimed.

I have noticed a odd glitch that are kinda game breaking, at least when you are building, mining or doing anything to do with terrain. What happens is a chunk will suddenly unload and go see through. Which lets me see tunnels and stuff underneath the map. Which isn't a big deal due to the mini map showing me that content anyways. The problem is this happens at random, so if I am building suddenly I can't see my house anymore and now i cant build. On the other hand if I am mining it'll happen and now I can't mine what I was getting anymore. This could just be me though.

The problem mentioned above by Dday can be addressed. I've looked into it, and it seems (to me anyways) that adding to large addons becomes a problem when the block numbers conflict, textures conflict, and the packs in general use a lot of space. This could be addressed by removing unnecessary mods. To figure out what ones, you would have to ask the community. Otherwise I would be happy to help solve any conflicting portions of the packs.

To address the problem of events, i know what i said would be difficult, but the large scale events don't have to be COMPLETELY different. They should have a Pokemon theme, or something, and I'm not saying ONLY do big events. However to keep players interested, large scale events would be a good way of doing it.

Thanks for reading!

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

LordAboddon

Where are we (and by we i mean you guys) at with this?