Mar 29, 2024, 01:02 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Life changing news?

Started by Towelie, Feb 19, 2017, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, I have some life changing (for me) news.
Tomorrow I start my new job at Oracle, as a GIT Systems InfraOps - Snr Systems Support Analyst (Senior UNIX Sysadmin for short)

My working hours will be considerably longer (11am-7pm with 1-2h of overtime daily) and I'll be working every other weekend.
I'm not going to get into details but it's an upgrade in every way xD (career wise, income wise, perks wise).

I'll be available / working on SFT from 7:30 to 8:30 AM each day and then from ~9PM to 10PM each day and during the weekend, whenever I'm not working. (Before I used to work on SFT from 7:30 to 8AM and hten from 8PM to 10PM.

In order for Survival not to suffer, I have recruited @Nafi as a RightHand. He's a special kind of right hand though, with console access and file access, so he will be able to do pretty much what I can.

During work, I won't be able to check in AT ALL, but I do have alerts on my watch showing me playercounts and stuff and I do have my phone so I can always smuggle it into the bathroom and quickly fix any crashed server.

Thank you all, I ask that you are sympathetic with these changes in my schedule, and that if you ask me to do something (transfer perms, sort out donator options, etc) and I don't respond in a reasonable timeframe, feel free to contact Nafi as well.

It's going to be tough for the first few months but if I manage to adjust well this isn't just going to be a new job, it's going to be a career.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Watronic

SFT_Ghost

I FIND A DUCKS OPINION OF ME IN VERY MUCH INFLUENCED BY WEATHER OR NOT I HAVE BREAD!

Nafi

My crash tally: |
At least no one died

_iTzReKtPvp_

Former Pocket Manager

HD

Congrats on the new life change! :heart:

iLaxrv10

Congratulations on the new job Towelie, wishing you all the best :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Doctor_Thanos

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

lionblaze10

Best of luck in your new career Towelie. Wish you all the best.
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

andrewfer000

Andrewfer000

Mrs_Ender88

Congratz and good luck Tow.  :heart:
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

AidenBwah

Britney1177

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Aslanbor

Congratulations Towelie I wish you all the best!!
The more that you read, the more you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you will go. - Dr. Seuss

Stariieyed

timelord_emma

Grats tow! Best of luck at your new job :)

Chocobo123456

GG my man. Good luck with doing what ever you do... xD

blalp

Congrats and good luck!
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Working at oracle :O, and if Oracle made java, and Java helped make minecraft, then
.... you dont think.... it's not possible..... Tow made minecraft confirmed. Illumin- NO

Gratz Tow on a cool job :)
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Kiannaa

Jyncs

Congrats!

You have built a good team of admins across all servers so you don't have to worry!

reiner_13

Congratulations Tow! I hope you do great!
The Best Survival Elite
Former Survival Mod
Survival Lemon
Future Survival Dictator