undecided please post on what is troubling you
0 (0%)
other please post
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Apr 17, 2017, 02:39 AM

blalp

Apr 10, 2017, 02:39 AM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 01:00 AM by blalp
IF THIS MOVE DOES HAPPEN, IT WILL BE A LITTLE WHILE. Nothing is set in stone yet (-uptime not transferring). This is more of a long term question. Keep playing lost as you have been. I will update you if/when it is closer.

Pros
  • More players (skyfactory is more known)
  • Should be less laggy server side
  • Your ideas here
Cons
  • No modpack control
  • Complete reset

The mods are about the same. No blood magic, no thaumic tinkerer, but iron chests and chicken chunks and sync.

Leaning towards project ozone also https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-2-reloaded. I am not opposed to SkyFactory on AT launcher. https://www.atlauncher.com/pack/SkyFactory/ Would love to hear your guys thoughts on this.

Money, uptime, and ranks would not transfer.

What do you think?
Blalp
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

The features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 02:55 AMThe features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
Events would be a yes. Staff are transferring as well. We are unsure what to do with the new econ.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 02:55 AMThe features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
And normally if something is controversial there is a good reason why. In these cases i prefer to hear the why some people are opposed then fix/change if nesisarry.

And to what features are you talking about?
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 03:12 AM
And normally if something is controversial there is a good reason why. In these cases i prefer to hear the why some people are opposed then fix/change if nesisarry.

I've been on a few Skyfactory servers and there are just a few things that would be really benificial.
One of which is player shops, which would be obvious for sft, another one is Vein miner.. is that possible? And in general some items need to be banned. Because there are some items/mods that SUCK.
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

MrChanango

Also, for the version of skyfactory.. you said the newest in the ATLauncher... like SkyFactory 2.5?
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

stormshooter

Would donator ranks carry over?

Tyler7733

For now, I would say no, but I am going to have to look at a mod list before I put down my vote. The problems I see(without looking at a mod list) include that SkyFactory is likely to only have one way to end game(for example if it has draconic, it may have a worse problem than lost with draconic seeming to be the only way to be late game), and it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

jakobee36@gmail.com

I say no due to the fact that ranks don't carry over some people that play might not be able to play anymore and skyfactory is extremely glitchy

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 10:09 AMAlso, for the version of skyfactory.. you said the newest in the ATLauncher... like SkyFactory 2.5?
We are looking possibly skyFactory2, skyfactory3 (1.10 and will take a long time) or project ozone.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 10, 2017, 11:09 AMWould donator ranks carry over?
That has not been set in stone, I am open to either yes or no on this.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Apr 10, 2017, 02:01 PM #11 Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 02:10 PM by blalp
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 01:12 PMFor now, I would say no, but I am going to have to look at a mod list before I put down my vote. The problems I see(without looking at a mod list) include that SkyFactory is likely to only have one way to end game(for example if it has draconic, it may have a worse problem than lost with draconic seeming to be the only way to be late game), and it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
Are you undesided then? That is an option in the poll. Yes we are trying to think of ways to have a non-broken economy. And would project ozone look better to you? In harder difficulties https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-2-reloaded
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: jakobee36@gmail.com on Apr 10, 2017, 01:28 PMI say no due to the fact that ranks don't carry over some people that play might not be able to play anymore and skyfactory is extremely glitchy
I have not seen very may glitches yet. And I ran the modpack on 2gb of ram it it ran fine.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 10:07 AM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 03:12 AM

I've been on a few Skyfactory servers and there are just a few things that would be really benificial.
One of which is player shops, which would be obvious for sft, another one is Vein miner.. is that possible? And in general some items need to be banned. Because there are some items/mods that SUCK.
I have no control over vienminer, it is in there. And ofc ban some items.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

There is one no that does not have a post. If you want to remain aynonomus that is fine, but in doing so i cannot address your concerns
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 01:12 PMFor now, I would say no, but I am going to have to look at a mod list before I put down my vote. The problems I see(without looking at a mod list) include that SkyFactory is likely to only have one way to end game(for example if it has draconic, it may have a worse problem than lost with draconic seeming to be the only way to be late game), and it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
Are you undesided then? That is an option in the poll. Yes we are trying to think of ways to have a non-broken economy. And would project ozone look better to you? In harder difficulties https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-2-reloaded
Titan mode Project Ozone is where my vote is, sky factory seems to be a lot of bland features and machinery that I could easily get from other modpacks. Not to mention, we kinda need an extra layer of difficulty anyway.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 08:07 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 02:01 PM
Titan mode Project Ozone is where my vote is, sky factory seems to be a lot of bland features and machinery that I could easily get from other modpacks. Not to mention, we kinda need an extra layer of difficulty anyway.

For the sake of the poll this would be a yes (edited poll)
Have a fantastic day!

Void_Sentient

PLEASE do NOT move to Skyfactory. There are a lot of people that may have trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs. There will also be no more mod requests to make the pack even more unique. I believe we should stick to what we have and if there is a large update and the world has to be deleted, so be it. I have no more comment besides I strongly disagree on moving to a pack that is already made. Chances are, people have gotten tired of Project Ozone and SF3 because of all the time they have played it.
Void~

blalp

Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 PMPLEASE do NOT move to Skyfactory. There are a lot of people that may have trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs. There will also be no more mod requests to make the pack even more unique. I believe we should stick to what we have and if there is a large update and the world has to be deleted, so be it. I have no more comment besides I strongly disagree on moving to a pack that is already made. Chances are, people have gotten tired of Project Ozone and SF3 because of all the time they have played it.

Do you know what was being taxed on your computer? I ran skyfactory with 2gb of ram and still got 60fps
Have a fantastic day!

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 PMPLEASE do NOT move to Skyfactory. There are a lot of people that may have trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs. There will also be no more mod requests to make the pack even more unique. I believe we should stick to what we have and if there is a large update and the world has to be deleted, so be it. I have no more comment besides I strongly disagree on moving to a pack that is already made. Chances are, people have gotten tired of Project Ozone and SF3 because of all the time they have played it.

Do you know what was being taxed on your computer? I ran skyfactory with 2gb of ram and still got 60fps

What's your cpu and gpu? Most likely if a player has to play with 2gb max to dedicate, the rest of the system aint gonna be any better.

blalp

Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 PMsuch as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while.
If you cannot run Lost allready, then why stop the 80% that want to switch and how the power? I like to keep the modpack light, dont get me wrong. It is just if our current system is flawed in this way. Not moving away from it for the same reason would seem silly.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Apr 10, 2017, 10:27 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 10:05 PM

What's your cpu and gpu? Most likely if a player has to play with 2gb max to dedicate, the rest of the system aint gonna be any better.
i7 and gtx 9 something. Normally ram can be a bottleneak. But i see your point
Have a fantastic day!

Void_Sentient

My cpu isnt the greatest... Its a Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60GHz.I get an average of 5-15 FPS on Lost.
Void~

blalp

Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 10:41 PMMy cpu isnt the greatest... Its a Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60GHz.I get an average of 5-15 FPS on Lost.
I searched this on amazon. First result was a chromebook. Maybe try installing fps+ and optifind on your client? http://www.optifine.net/home http://mod-minecraft.net/fps-plus-mod/ at some point there is nothing more i can do to help you ash.
Have a fantastic day!

Void_Sentient

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 10:41 PMMy cpu isnt the greatest... Its a Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60GHz.I get an average of 5-15 FPS on Lost.
I searched this on amazon. First result was a chromebook. Maybe try installing fps+ and optifind on your client? http://www.optifine.net/home http://mod-minecraft.net/fps-plus-mod/
I have a Dell Inspiron 3500. I use Optifine and FPS+ doesnt really work as far as I can tell. As I said, I run your pack at 5-15 FPS. I turn all the settings down in Optifine.
Void~