Mar 29, 2024, 08:50 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Lost] Should we move to SkyFactory?

Started by blalp, Apr 10, 2017, 02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should we? to Skyfactory or project ozone

yes post if you want
20 (76.9%)
no please post
5 (19.2%)
undecided please post on what is troubling you
0 (0%)
other please post
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Apr 17, 2017, 02:39 AM

blalp

Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 10:41 PMMy cpu isnt the greatest... Its a Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60GHz.I get an average of 5-15 FPS on Lost.
I searched this on amazon. First result was a chromebook. Maybe try installing fps+ and optifind on your client? http://www.optifine.net/home http://mod-minecraft.net/fps-plus-mod/
I have a Dell Inspiron 3500. I use Optifine and FPS+ doesnt really work as far as I can tell. As I said, I run your pack at 5-15 FPS. I turn all the settings down in Optifine.

1gb of ram cannot even load skyfactory. I tried. died on startup. And is 5-15fps honestly enough to play?
Have a fantastic day!

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 11:05 PM
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 10:41 PMMy cpu isnt the greatest... Its a Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60GHz.I get an average of 5-15 FPS on Lost.
I searched this on amazon. First result was a chromebook. Maybe try installing fps+ and optifind on your client? http://www.optifine.net/home http://mod-minecraft.net/fps-plus-mod/
I have a Dell Inspiron 3500. I use Optifine and FPS+ doesnt really work as far as I can tell. As I said, I run your pack at 5-15 FPS. I turn all the settings down in Optifine.

1gb of ram cannot even load skyfactory. I tried. died on startup. And is 5-15fps honestly enough to play?

Agreed, personally my opinion is we should move to skyfactory/project ozone, theres such a larger playerbase. When someone searches "modded skyblock" 80% of the results are skyfactory. Being where the players are is key.

Tyler7733

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Apr 10, 2017, 11:17 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 11:05 PM

Agreed, personally my opinion is we should move to skyfactory/project ozone, theres such a larger playerbase. When someone searches "modded skyblock" 80% of the results are skyfactory. Being where the players are is key.
The story of how I found out about Lost: one day I was searching for a skyblock, so I searched skyblock on technic, nothing interesting popped up, so I gave up and searched island in hopes for a survival island modpack, then I found out about Lost Islands.

p.s. blalp, keep in mind I played Lost on 3-5 fps before last Christmas, so take my word for it, 5-15 is enough to play...
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

pwnswords

I think that as it is an sft mod pack it isn't as well known if we had some YouTubers make a few videos it would do a lot better.
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

blalp

Quote from: pwnswords on Apr 11, 2017, 12:11 AMI think that as it is an sft mod pack it isn't as well known if we had some YouTubers make a few videos it would do a lot better.
We don't and project ozone already has some youtubes doing project ozone. google trends https://trends.google.ca/trends/explore?q=skyfactory%202,skyfactory%203,project%20ozone
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 10, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 01:12 PMFor now, I would say no, but I am going to have to look at a mod list before I put down my vote. The problems I see(without looking at a mod list) include that SkyFactory is likely to only have one way to end game(for example if it has draconic, it may have a worse problem than lost with draconic seeming to be the only way to be late game), and it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
Are you undesided then? That is an option in the poll. Yes we are trying to think of ways to have a non-broken economy. And would project ozone look better to you? In harder difficulties https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-2-reloaded
Speaking of "economy breaking stoppers" and "end came mods",
A: Sky Factory has some great end game mods such as (like you said) Draconic Evolution, Tinkers, and in Skyfactory 2 specifically (which I think is BY FAR the best idea @blalp ) there are some GREAT out-side game achievents that you can look up (and let me tell you, THEY ARE TOUGH) that will keep you busy for a while! You can also try to kill the Draconic Evolution "master Dragon."
B: Economy breaking things such as extreme automation and mass quarries, can be limited if needed. There is also something that will ALWAYS happen during Mod Pack Economy, is inflation! Unlike survival, diamonds are VERY common in modpacks and the "Normal" money amount for people on certain servers will be much higher.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 11, 2017, 12:58 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 01:12 PMFor now, I would say no, but I am going to have to look at a mod list before I put down my vote. The problems I see(without looking at a mod list) include that SkyFactory is likely to only have one way to end game(for example if it has draconic, it may have a worse problem than lost with draconic seeming to be the only way to be late game), and it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
Are you undesided then? That is an option in the poll. Yes we are trying to think of ways to have a non-broken economy. And would project ozone look better to you? In harder difficulties https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-2-reloaded
A: Sky Factory has some great end game mods such as (like you said) Draconic Evolution, Tinkers, and in Skyfactory 2 specifically (which I think is BY FAR the best idea @blalp ) there are some GREAT out-side game achievents that you can look up (and let me tell you, THEY ARE TOUGH) that will keep you busy for a while! You can also try to kill the Draconic Evolution "master Dragon."
B: Economy breaking things such as extreme automation and mass quarries, can be limited if needed. There is also something that will ALWAYS happen during Mod Pack Economy, is inflation! Unlike survival, diamonds are VERY common in modpacks and the "Normal" money amount for people on certain servers will be much higher.
wouldn't say titan mode in project ozone be better than skyfactory?
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 11, 2017, 01:01 AM
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 11, 2017, 12:58 AM
wouldn't say titan mode in project ozone be better than skyfactory?
Nope. I honestly believe Sky Factory is the best option to replace lost all cosiderationa considered.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

pwnswords

everyone who would want to play would need to get curse if we were to move to project ozone also
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

blalp

Quote from: pwnswords on Apr 11, 2017, 02:37 AMeveryone who would want to play would need to get curse if we were to move to project ozone also
Yes this is a definite downside.
Have a fantastic day!

Mil_Tech

I like the server as it is. I do not get significant lag, I have had few problems with server-based or computer-based lag on this server. I see no reason for a change. If I were to propose any change at all I would advocate for a feature to buy island expansions(by chunk or by xyz).

blalp

Quote from: Mil_Tech on Apr 11, 2017, 09:37 PMI like the server as it is. I do not get significant lag, I have had few problems with server-based or computer-based lag on this server. I see no reason for a change. If I were to propose any change at all I would advocate for a feature to buy island expansions(by chunk or by xyz).
This unfortantly is not possible due to you would run into nearby islands. But what i can do is expand the default island size if it is not big enough. One of the main reasons for the move is for more players.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Apr 12, 2017, 05:06 PM #37 Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 10:36 PM by blalp
If there are any problems i have missed, please call me out.

I have edit the following posts only in removing content and adding line breaks

Pending discussion:
Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 10, 2017, 11:09 AMWould donator ranks carry over?

Resolved (in my opinion, if you do not agree, please call me out and explain why I am wrong):
NO ISSUES
Needing testing:
Quote from: jakobee36@gmail.com on Apr 10, 2017, 01:28 PMskyfactory is extremely glitchy
Pending problems:
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 PMhave trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs.

There will also be no more mod requests to make the pack even more unique.

Chances are, people have gotten tired of Project Ozone and SF3 because of all the time they have played it.

Requested features:
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 02:55 AMThe features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 10:07 AMOne of which is player shops
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 01:12 PMit is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).
Have a fantastic day!

Rose2247

Pending discussion:
Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 10, 2017, 04:09 AM
Would donator ranks carry over?
Resolved (in my opinion, if you do not agree, please call me out and explain why I am wrong)

I believe the only thing you said on this matter was that you were open to yes or no. Unless I am missing something.

Requested features:
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 09, 2017, 07:55 PM
The features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 10, 2017, 03:07 AM
One of which is player shops
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 10, 2017, 06:12 AM
it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).

Find a way maybe to make it so people cannot be over powered. An idea for this could be making prices in the admin shop for when players sell to the server lower, or buy making the prices for buying a lot higher. We could also reset balances every once and a while This might not be the most popular idea though

Pending problems:
Quote from: Ash_Gamez on Apr 10, 2017, 02:53 PM
have trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs.

Chances are, people have gotten tired of Project Ozone and SF3 because of all the time they have played it.

This problem is an excellent one to bring up. People enjoy how diverse Lost is, and even though I agree with a move, I do have to say that by moving, we are loosing a part what Lost's community enjoyed, being able to contribute mod ideas in case there was ever another update. I do also have to say, though I have never built a modpack I know it is difficult getting the mods to work with one another as there are many conflicts with certain mods. And I for one feel bad for whoever has to test the mods before they can make it into the pack, as they constantly are trying to fix conflicts and find ways around them(Such as an ID fix)

Sorry for the long post...
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

blalp

Quote from: Rose2247 on Apr 12, 2017, 05:37 PMPending discussion:
Resolved (in my opinion, if you do not agree, please call me out and explain why I am wrong)

I believe the only thing you said on this matter was that you were open to yes or no. Unless I am missing something.

Requested features:
The features of Sft Sky factory need to be good. I would really hope it would have An emp/events. Events could be controversial though, so maybe not.
it is likely to have the same economy problem as lost(when stuff is produced in mass quantities in small spaces of time, you can't expect to have a strong economy).

Find a way maybe to make it so people cannot be over powered. An idea for this could be making prices in the admin shop for when players sell to the server lower, or buy making the prices for buying a lot higher. We could also reset balances every once and a while This might not be the most popular idea though

Pending problems:
have trouble running it such as myself and have been looking for a lighter pack for a while. Project Ozone is even worse for people with lower grade PCs.

This problem is an excellent one to bring up. People enjoy how diverse Lost is, and even though I agree with a move, I do have to say that by moving, we are loosing a part what Lost's community enjoyed, being able to contribute mod ideas in case there was ever another update. I do also have to say, though I have never built a modpack I know it is difficult getting the mods to work with one another as there are many conflicts with certain mods. And I for one feel bad for whoever has to test the mods before they can make it into the pack, as they constantly are trying to fix conflicts and find ways around them(Such as an ID fix)

1 my bad
2 po2 kappa mode
3 3 going to a modpack that is more testes should have less tiny bugs that i have no control over.
Have a fantastic day!

Fractalion

Quote from: Rose2247 on Apr 12, 2017, 05:37 PMPending discussion:

Requested features:

Pending problems:

Donator ranks: Personally, I think they should transfer. If Lost was just shutting down, I wouldn't say "Well, can I have this stuff on another SFT server then?". Same as if Lost was being replaced with something like whatever that farming thing is that has been teased. They're clearly not similar concepts.

However, since Lost would be being replaced by something that is in the same vein, a modded skyblock being replaced with a modded skyblock, I feel that the concepts are similar enough to merit a transfer. Perhaps I'm a little biased, being a SkyLord who doesn't fancy buying my rank a second time, but I honestly think they should be transferred, and I think my opinion would be the same even if I didn't hold the rank, myself.

Overpoweredness:
Becoming overpowered - I don't think becoming overpowered is really a bad thing. It's a goal to work towards, and no matter how many items we disable, there would always be an overpowered state that you could work towards. Here's a very simple example: A vanilla server where one player has fully enchanted diamond gear, and everyone else only has iron stuff. Enchantments get banned. Now everyone has iron gear, but the one guy still has diamond gear. That guy is still considered overpowered relative to everyone else, because they've put in more time than they have. Diamond gear gets banned. Now everyone has iron. A new player joins. Iron gear is overpowered compared to no gear at all, so iron gear gets banned, and gold/leather/stone/wood gear gets banned for good measure as well. Now there is literally no effort required to become well geared. The game becomes stale, and everyone leaves.

I don't think "overpoweredness" needs to be addressed. If someone manages to work their way up to a god-like state before everyone else, good for them. I don't think people should be penalised for having put in more effort, or for having greater knowledge of the game than others.

Now, if a person was given an item that is completely unobtainable, and is better than everything else in the game, I would consider that to be an issue. That would be truly overpowered. However, I think the things we are currently calling "overpowered" would be better described as "very well geared".
Raising sell prices, lowering buy prices - I mean, survival is a pretty good example of why this doesn't work. The rich people will just sell their stuff to the poorer players or pay them to get a specific resource for them. The widening of the gap between buy and sell prices only really hurts the people near the bottom.
Reset balances occasionally - This wouldn't really work. It would annoy people, but it wouldn't address the issue. People would just store a ton of stuff on their island, and sell that stuff only when they are about to buy something, rather than

Also, on the same topic:
Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 05:55 PM2 po2 kappa mode
I don't think Kappa mode would really address the issue of people becoming "overpowered", it would just make it take a lot longer. (I'm not saying that making it take longer is a bad thing, just that it doesn't really address the issue.)

Losing some of what makes Lost Lost: That's fair, but as blalp said, making this move would really only reduce the number of weird off the wall bugs.

Also: Given that another modpack update was never really planned to begin with, I'm not sure that we're really losing much there. Sure, it removes the possibility completely, but if it was a possibility we were never going to use, I'm not sure we're missing much. If anything, moving to PO2 would mean updates are slightly more likely.

Tyler7733

[insert previous replay quote here] (the quotes are getting long enough, I am not going to make it longer)
"I don't think people should be penalised for having put in more effort, or for having greater knowledge of the game than others" just going to suggest looking at the suggestion for the addition of zivicio to the shop...
Overall, everything below donor ranks(which I present no opinion for) is completely what I agree with.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Also the old donator ranks couldn't transfer. @Towelie should donator ranks transfer?
Have a fantastic day!

Fractalion

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 12, 2017, 07:16 PM[insert previous replay quote here] (the quotes are getting long enough, I am not going to make it longer)
"I don't think people should be penalised for having put in more effort, or for having greater knowledge of the game than others" just going to suggest looking at the suggestion for the addition of zivicio to the shop...
Overall, everything below donor ranks(which I present no opinion for) is completely what I agree with.

Regarding the zivicio thing, I think there's a big difference between disabling things that a person can use to become more powerful, and turning down a request for a way to make something that is already very powerful and extraordinarily niche more powerful than it already is.

ie. I don't think we should disable the method you use to obtain zivicio, but I also don't think it needs to be made any more powerful than it is.

stormshooter

Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 05:06 PMIf there are any problems i have missed, please call me out.

Pending discussion:

Sorry I can't find the post where you resolved it can you quote it for me xd

blalp

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 12, 2017, 09:12 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 05:06 PMIf there are any problems i have missed, please call me out.

Pending discussion:

?It has not . It is pending discussion. I mad the post on my phone and made some cataogries before i started quoting like mad.
Have a fantastic day!

stormshooter

Quote from: blalp on Apr 12, 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 12, 2017, 09:12 PM

Pending discussion:

?It has not . It is pending discussion. I mad the post on my phone and made some cataogries before i started quoting like mad.
Ah ok, the format confused me
thanks

Darknessfreddy

i have one problem that this vote will go in the favor of the people who are bored of skyblock i find this extremely unfair because the was already in favour of the people that are getting bored of skyblock as told above.  :(   >:(  >:(

blalp

Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Apr 13, 2017, 01:00 PMi have one problem that this vote will go in the favor of the people who are bored of skyblock i find this extremely unfair because the was already in favour of the people that are getting bored of skyblock as told above.  :(   >:(  >:(
I am unsure what you mean by this. I would like to have it so the people who are bored on lost have something to do on the skyfactory server, but we also MUST make sure it is not too hard for new players.
Have a fantastic day!

xQuicScopex

Quote from: blalp on Apr 13, 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote from: Darknessfreddy on Apr 13, 2017, 01:00 PMi have one problem that this vote will go in the favor of the people who are bored of skyblock i find this extremely unfair because the was already in favour of the people that are getting bored of skyblock as told above.  :(   >:(  >:(
I am unsure what you mean by this. I would like to have it so the people who are bored on lost have something to do on the skyfactory server, but we also MUST make sure it is not too hard for new players.

I played syfactory3 recently and it only takes about 4 hours to be setup decently enough to progress so starting isn't that hard its late game stuff that takes more time and automating your stuff