Mar 28, 2024, 04:34 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

What would be your first action if you took over SFT?

Started by Towelie, Apr 19, 2017, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotmid

Quote from: camster65 on Apr 21, 2017, 02:36 PM
Quote from: King_Craftius on Apr 19, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Apr 19, 2017, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Tombo_ on Apr 19, 2017, 04:20 PMDemote half the staff team tbh
Who and why?

Some staff members seem too immature at times, and seem to have been pushed into the role even with little SFT experience just due to lack of staff.

its not just the idea of immaturity but those who take there roles for granted as a "im an manager/admin/mod now, you must respect me and il do to you what i want"

100% agree

Person514

I would ban myself :D

Also slap everyone before I do that

garow93

Demote the heck out of @saywhat2365 for not responding to things that I sent him a month ago that he said he would get back to me 4 times about.

On a serious note, I would be keep a lot of things similar. People seem to think drastic changes would produce positive outcomes, but truthfully, we wouldn't be here as a community if lots of things were different. Having said that:

-Automate a few things, such as(if not already done) guest to member promotions, as well as all other ranks based on uptime(Towelie has said in the past he wants to keep interaction between players and staff existent and this is one of those things)

-Rework our entire PvP mindset about certain rules(our changing rules and different rules this time around caused factions to die quickly, nobody's fault just it didn't work with how we did it). Introduce seasons and cycles to the Factions server as well as reintroduce Prison as part of these cycles.

Towelie

Quote from: garow93 on Apr 22, 2017, 10:33 PMDemote the heck out of @saywhat2365 for not responding to things that I sent him a month ago that he said he would get back to me 4 times about.

On a serious note, I would be keep a lot of things similar. People seem to think drastic changes would produce positive outcomes, but truthfully, we wouldn't be here as a community if lots of things were different. Having said that:

-Automate a few things, such as(if not already done) guest to member promotions, as well as all other ranks based on uptime(Towelie has said in the past he wants to keep interaction between players and staff existent and this is one of those things)

-Rework our entire PvP mindset about certain rules(our changing rules and different rules this time around caused factions to die quickly, nobody's fault just it didn't work with how we did it). Introduce seasons and cycles to the Factions server as well as reintroduce Prison as part of these cycles.

saywhat is famous for his not answering to people. You're not the only one xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Tombo_

Quote from: Scotmid on Apr 21, 2017, 04:43 PM
Who and why?

Some staff members seem too immature at times, and seem to have been pushed into the role even with little SFT experience just due to lack of staff.

its not just the idea of immaturity but those who take there roles for granted as a "im an manager/admin/mod now, you must respect me and il do to you what i want"

100% agree
Quote from: TheStarNomad✯ on Apr 21, 2017, 04:23 PM
Who and why?

If you guys wanna talk about what you've seen over discord/skype i'd be happy to listen
No. I'd rather not waste my time and energy on something that is so outstandingly obvious when the person/people responsible for sorting the issue in the first place cannot recognise there is one.

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Tombo_ on Apr 23, 2017, 01:48 PM
Quote from: Scotmid on Apr 21, 2017, 04:43 PM
Who and why?

100% agree
Quote from: TheStarNomad✯ on Apr 21, 2017, 04:23 PM
Who and why?

If you guys wanna talk about what you've seen over discord/skype i'd be happy to listen
No. I'd rather not waste my time and energy on something that is so outstandingly obvious when the person/people responsible for sorting the issue in the first place cannot recognise there is one.
You think we don't notice, that we don't know? One of the reasons we can't do much about these things is the fact that so many people report these things, yet refuse to either talk about it, or provide enough proof for us to actually do something. It's also not that easy to just change how someone is, sure we can talk to them privately but that doesnt always solve the issue. Randomly demoting staff due to this isnt going to help either.

So this is why nothing is being done about it.

Long time StarNomad

_iTzReKtPvp_

I'd make SFT a dank memes community and change the name to SDT - Super Dank Time ;)
Former Pocket Manager

Tombo_

Quote from: TheStarNomad✯ on Apr 23, 2017, 03:45 PMYou think we don't notice, that we don't know? One of the reasons we can't do much about these things is the fact that so many people report these things, yet refuse to either talk about it, or provide enough proof for us to actually do something. It's also not that easy to just change how someone is, sure we can talk to them privately but that doesn't always solve the issue. Randomly demoting staff due to this isn't going to help either.

So this is why nothing is being done about it.

Yet when someone is demoted for x reason you couldn't care less as to helping them or trying to perhaps give an option whereby they can redeem themselves. I understand that without proof you can't really act. However it's not just as simple as 'oh x did y wrong lets screenshot it'. I really don't see what I as a player get out of it either to be perfectly honest. Other than as you have said solving the issue and helping them improve there is no real benefit.

Why is it that if you notice the issues you expect players to produce the proof. Surely if staff are no differ or seen as equal to us they can help us as well. Especially those sitting at the top of the tree like yourself.

If it seems like I'm bickering with you it's not aimed at you; it's aimed all of your team.

Relevant_Chaos

Implument  a meme rank. Put @TheStarNomad✯, @Rose2247 and myself into said rank. That is all.
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

Rose2247

To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

IiRr22Bb

Rose2247

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

itsConnor_

Who and why?

Unlike 5-7 years ago when I was playing mc, these days the target audience seems to be 5-14 year-olds, so you can't realistically expect to recruit a highly mature staff team if most of the players on mc are so young
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

saywhat2365

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 23, 2017, 06:29 AM
Quote from: garow93 on Apr 22, 2017, 10:33 PMDemote the heck out of @saywhat2365 for not responding to things that I sent him a month ago that he said he would get back to me 4 times about.

I'm only slightly less than perfect

Towelie

Quote from: saywhat2365 on May 23, 2017, 01:34 PM

You're perfect bby.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

GotAnError

Remove Minecraft.

Make Hello Kitty Adventure Online the main server.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

SnipeMasterShark

I would flipp the forum wweb page upside downe, then misspell evewy third word. EKZACTLY every third wurd.

IiRr22Bb

Quote from: saywhat2365 on May 23, 2017, 01:34 PM

Sure.

one227

willhill2000

demote loads of staff, have a smaller active staff team who actually are good at being staff members, and unban some old players that don't deserve the bans

Kooster

Quote from: itsConnor_ on May 06, 2017, 09:20 PMUnlike 5-7 years ago when I was playing mc, these days the target audience seems to be 5-14 year-olds, so you can't realistically expect to recruit a highly mature staff team if most of the players on mc are so young

Back then, just like now, there were a lot of 14 year old kids (and younger) on the server. Heck, I was a mod at the age of 14-15. Age is a good indicator of the maturity of a person, but not a perfect one. But... yeah. Back then a lot of the staff consisted of adults (or people who atleast seemed older). I didn't feel very mature next to them.

I don't know the procedure when it comes to choosing staff these days, but back then it was a huge honor to be chosen, almost handpicked, from the community. Perhaps something has changed... I don't know. Haven't played actively for something like 6-7 years ago.

Rose2247

Uhhh an update, I would probs die if I took over SFT cuz idk how to be a manager...Sometimes...All the time

theP

Id add a counter that counts your post on Forum Games (and make pix great again but eeeh no one cares about pix anyways)

theP

Update: Become a necromancer! Oh wait i can already bevor one as a non owner...