Mar 28, 2024, 09:02 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Lost] SkyFactory Update (BACK ON! WOOOOOO)

Started by blalp, Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:29 PM by blalp
So I am going to try to release the skyfactory server within the next 3 weeks. There may be quite a few bugs and items that need to be banned, so pls pm me if you find any of these items. Lost will stay up for a little while after the release (at least a couple weeks. Depends on how many players), but we are going to shift to skyfactory. Sound Good to everyone?

Nothing will carry over. Not uptime ranks, donations, ect. Srry about that, but due to the fact I cannot  transfer all ranks over, Lost being up at the same time (so the people would get double perks).

Another Skyfactory update. I recently looked at lost islands donations. There are none. Donations are what allows Lost Islands to stay up. I hate to say this, but without donations, Lost is just sucking resources from SFT and not helping pay the bills at all. Please donate guys. As for skyfactory. It is taking longer than expected, Tow/dpa fixed a couple lag issues, and the complete lack of donations make it hard for me to justify making an entire new server, just to suck more of SFT's resources. If you guys can get 200$ in donations, I will work on skyfactory. And We need donations, because unfortunately the website, and the server all cost money to host. I personally would love it if it could all be free for us to host, but it isnt. Sorry, but it had to be said. I love Lost, don't get me wrong. I just cannot justify spending hours setting up a new server with a fantastic community, but no donations. Lost will stay up. SkyFactory Canceled (unless you guys reach 200 in donations (no time limit)). Sorry.
If you buy X ammount of stuff on the lost donatorshop today, then you can buy X dollars worth of stuff on the skyfactory premium shop if/when it comes out.

Donation Count: 56.99/200
Mr_Ender8656.99
Have a fantastic day!

ceddy24

Tyler7733

Quote from: blalp on Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 PMSo I am going to try to release the skyfactory server within the next 2 weeks. There may be quite a few bugs and items that need to be banned, so pls pm me if you find any of these items. Lost will stay up for a little while, but we are going to shift to skyfactory. Sound Good to everyone?

Nothing will carry over. Not uptime ranks, donations, ect. Srry about that, but due to the fact I cannot  transfer all ranks over, Lost being up at the same time (so the people would get double perks).
so what took Project Ozone out of the running?
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 20, 2017, 11:05 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 PMSo I am going to try to release the skyfactory server within the next 2 weeks. There may be quite a few bugs and items that need to be banned, so pls pm me if you find any of these items. Lost will stay up for a little while, but we are going to shift to skyfactory. Sound Good to everyone?

so what took Project Ozone out of the running?
Mostly because it would require more work on my part in the backend and skyfacotry requires none. I simply do not have the time to do the backend atm (I do not want to release a project ozone without it).
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

Just to make sure, are we switching to SkyFactory 2, 3, or some other version, because if we switch to 3, we are all going to die(of lag) because I am going to set up some heavy automation, then someone is going to fall asleep on my island on a week day when I can't be on, cause my item buffer to over flow(it is going to happen, it has happened on lost before when my island was less stable), then cause the entity count to go to the high ten to fifty thousands.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Apr 21, 2017, 08:20 PMJust to make sure, are we switching to SkyFactory 2, 3, or some other version, because if we switch to 3, we are all going to die(of lag) because I am going to set up some heavy automation, then someone is going to fall asleep on my island on a week day when I can't be on, cause my item buffer to over flow(it is going to happen, it has happened on lost before when my island was less stable), then cause the entity count to go to the high ten to fifty thousands.
A) Might add clearlag
B) the one on at launcher
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Apr 22, 2017, 11:30 PM #6 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 11:43 PM by blalp
Another update:

Kits will be empty, we will need to brainstorm new kits
./ranks and /donatorshop are empty. /ranks is disabled because we need new items for the icons. I could release the /ranks but everything would be signs if that is alright with you guys.
I am going to try fix the nether so every person spawns in their own nether location.
Crates will be disabled due to id switching. If you see an crate you are willing to buy on the lost islands server on skyfactory, please tell me and I will try to switch ids.

More to come!
blalp
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 22, 2017, 11:30 PMAnother update:

./ranks and /donatorshop are empty. /ranks is disabled because we need new items for the icons. I could release the /ranks but everything would be signs if that is alright with you guys.
I am going to try fix the nether so every person spawns in their own nether location.
Crates will be disabled due to id switching. If you see an crate you are willing to buy on the lost islands server on skyfactory, please tell me and I will try to switch ids.

More to come!
blalp
I got ideas for kits, and ranks.
PM me on skype?
@blalp
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 23, 2017, 12:27 AM

More to come!
blalp
PM me on skype?
@blalp
post here pls so all of us can have a conversation.
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 23, 2017, 12:45 AM
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 23, 2017, 12:27 AM

More to come!
blalp
PM me on skype?
@blalp
post here pls so all of us can have a conversation.
Fair enough.
I am currently busy dealing with small family stuff so I cant do all my ideas (I'll do it later).
But for kits here is atleast a few:
Sapling kit.
4 oak saplings, obvious incase of no saplings are taken from the first tree.
Food//Farming kit.
4 steak, a carrot and a potato.
Could start a new farm ^
And with SFT'S amazing developers (thanks for all you do guys :D) we could have a custom plugin with custom challenges that you can redeem for money/other materials.
And along with ranks, there would obviously be those kits for those ranks.

Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

blalp

Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 23, 2017, 12:56 AMAnd with SFT'S amazing developers (thanks for all you do guys :D) we could have a custom plugin with custom challenges that you can redeem for money/other materials.
A) devs focus almost exclusively on survival
B ) We already have a plugin to add challenges. Also, does sky factory have the questbook?
Have a fantastic day!

MrChanango

Quote from: blalp on Apr 23, 2017, 01:13 AM
Quote from: MrChanango on Apr 23, 2017, 12:56 AMAnd with SFT'S amazing developers (thanks for all you do guys :D) we could have a custom plugin with custom challenges that you can redeem for money/other materials.
A) devs focus almost exclusively on survival
B ) We already have a plugin to add challenges. Also, does sky factory have the questbook?
1. I'm sure we could find atleast one dev @Nafi @AmusingThrone @abandoncaptian
2. Skyfactory does have a quest book, but it doesn't give you anything once you complete one.
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

AmusingThrone

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what SkyFactory is and am busy on Pixelmon, Survival, and now Pocket. I know @Nafi  is busy with college life, and I haven't spoken to @abandoncaptian in a while, but he should be working on patching slots and tntwars.

Please provide more information, so I can try to help out depending on when I finish pix.

MrChanango

Quote from: AmusingThrone on Apr 23, 2017, 07:40 AMSorry, I have absolutely no idea what SkyFactory is and am busy on Pixelmon, Survival, and now Pocket. I know @Nafi  is busy with college life, and I haven't spoken to @abandoncaptian in a while, but he should be working on patching slots and tntwars.

Please provide more information, so I can try to help out depending on when I finish pix.
Sky factory is just a modpack.
You can look on youtube it's pretty popular.
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

iLaxrv10

I would also just like to clear the air about "losing your uptime."
Once Lost Islands is removed from your /pstats, the "Lost Islands" name will no longer be shown, but any uptime that you've gotten on the server will remain in your Total Uptime column.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

MrChanango

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 23, 2017, 02:06 PMI would also just like to clear the air about "losing your uptime."
Once Lost Islands is removed from your /pstats, the "Lost Islands" name will no longer be shown, but any uptime that you've gotten on the server will remain in your Total Uptime column.
Could that uptime somehow be renamed and added on to?
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Rose2247

I have an idea for the default kit. Kinda similar to the one on lost, but include 1 oak sapling seeing as how the islands spawn for skyfactory, and there are times where you can't get a sapling from the starter tree
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Fractalion

More to come!
blalp

May I suggest renaming /donatorshop to something else? It's fairly easy for new players to get that shop confused with the actual donator shop, and I know I found that a bit confusing when I first joined.

I don't have any particular command name in mind, I just think it shouldn't be that.

blalp

Quote from: Fractalion on Apr 24, 2017, 04:02 AM

More to come!
blalp

May I suggest renaming /donatorshop to something else? It's fairly easy for new players to get that shop confused with the actual donator shop, and I know I found that a bit confusing when I first joined.

I don't have any particular command name in mind, I just think it shouldn't be that.
I had to scrap due to id changes. I could edit ids if this is still needed.
Have a fantastic day!

Mil_Tech

Will we be allowed to bring stuff over. There are some things that required a very long time to make, and I would rather not leave that hard work on another server. Especially if there is a way of bringing some of it over.

A golden bang of holding to transfer your stuff if you will.

Schokofrosch1401

Apr 30, 2017, 12:59 PM #20 Last Edit: Apr 30, 2017, 03:26 PM by Mord3005
Quote from: Mil_Tech on Apr 30, 2017, 12:40 PMWill we be allowed to bring stuff over. There are some things that required a very long time to make, and I would rather not leave that hard work on another server. Especially if there is a way of bringing some of it over.

I Support Mil_Techs idea

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Mil_Tech on Apr 30, 2017, 12:40 PMWill we be allowed to bring stuff over. There are some things that required a very long time to make, and I would rather not leave that hard work on another server. Especially if there is a way of bringing some of it over.

Quote from: blalp on Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 PMNothing will carry over.

@Mil_Tech @Schokofrosch1401

Mil_Tech

You never know unless you ask.

Besides, in my experience, usually you can ask for single item transfers and at least have the staff consider the request.

blalp

Another Skyfactory update. I recently looked at lost islands donations. There are none. Donations are what allows Lost Islands to stay up. I hate to say this, but without donations, Lost is just sucking resources from SFT and not helping pay the bills at all. Please donate guys. As for skyfactory. It is taking longer than expected, Tow/dpa fixed a couple lag issues, and the complete lack of donations make it hard for me to justify making an entire new server, just to suck more of SFT's resources. If you guys can get 200$ in donations, I will work on skyfactory. And We need donations, because unfortunately the website, and the server all cost money to host. I personally would love it if it could all be free for us to host, but it isnt. Sorry, but it had to be said. I love Lost, don't get me wrong. I just cannot justify spending hours setting up a new server with a fantastic community, but no donations. Lost will stay up. SkyFactory Canceled (unless you guys reach 200 in donations (no time limit)). Sorry.
Have a fantastic day!

Fractalion

May 13, 2017, 05:20 PM #24 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:32 PM by Fractalion
Quote from: blalp on May 13, 2017, 05:05 PMAnother Skyfactory update. I recently looked at lost islands donations. There are none. Donations are what allows Lost Islands to stay up. I hate to say this, but without donations, Lost is just sucking resources from SFT and not helping pay the bills at all. Please donate guys. As for skyfactory. It is taking longer than expected, Tow/dpa fixed a couple lag issues, and the complete lack of donations make it hard for me to justify making an entire new server, just to suck more of SFT's resources. If you guys can get 200$ in donations, I will work on skyfactory. And We need donations, because unfortunately the website, and the server all cost money to host. I personally would love it if it could all be free for us to host, but it isnt. Sorry, but it had to be said. I love Lost, don't get me wrong. I just cannot justify spending hours setting up a new server with a fantastic community, but no donations. Lost will stay up. SkyFactory Canceled (unless you guys reach 200 in donations (no time limit)). Sorry.

Didn't you already say that donations aren't going to be transferring between the servers? That's probably why donations have stopped.

Saying you aren't going to switch to SkyFactory unless the playerbase starts donating is sort of like saying "I'm not going to take away your money unless you give me more money." No one is going to give you money with that sales pitch.

In my opinion, if you want donations to start up again, you really have three options:
1. Commit to transferring donations. This way purchases that come in now aren't essentially wasted.
2. Do the update, get donations afterwards. If you can't transfer donations, then do the switch before you start asking for them. If SkyFactory is as amazing as everyone seems to think, then it should pay for itself.
3. Just don't do the update. If you can't transfer donations, and can't spare the time, cancel the update. Most people aren't just going to throw their money into the void.