Mar 28, 2024, 10:10 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Lost] Re-enable death messages?

Started by blalp, May 13, 2017, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

re-able death msg?

yes
16 (94.1%)
no
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

blalp

May 13, 2017, 05:16 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:09 PM by TheOfficialMiner
Quote from: Fractalion on Mar 12, 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote from: Rose2247 on Mar 12, 2017, 04:11 AM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 05:48 PM<snip>
any other reasons not to have death messages that people can think of?
They can get kinda annoying as people try to do everything they can to get death messages. Even the stupid death messages.

While I agree that people can get a bit spammy with death messages, I also think that that would fall under the "no spamming" rule, and could be punishable much the same way that normal spamming is. (Unless of course the person is actually in an infinite death cycle, in which case the death messages would be a good way of identifying that problem, given that they'll probably be unable to send a message in chat)

I have two real reasons that I'd like to see them re-enabled, though.
  • It's entertaining to see the messages when people die. It would make you try even harder to not die, because you probably wouldn't want everyone to see you had died in some hilarious way. I think that would add an extra layer of fun to the current Lost Islands experience, if perhaps in a subtle way.
  • It would actually be useful to know when someone had died. For example, if someone dies to a ghast there's a pretty good chance that they're in the nether, and knowing that they had died would give people a chance to step up and help them either reclaim or replace their lost gear.
Quote from: Tyler7733 on May 01, 2017, 11:59 PMSo are death messages a forgotten topic, not going to be re-enabled because of a given reason above, not going to be re-enabled because of sky factory, or something else?
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Quote from: Rose2247 on Mar 12, 2017, 04:11 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote from: blalp on Mar 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Mar 10, 2017, 02:37 PMCould death messages be re-enabled? If I am not mistaken, this is the only minecraft SFT server that does not have them, and they function as not only confirmation of  winner of a pvp match, but also as giving everyone an idea if it would be possible to help the person who died to get their stuff back if they died in the end/nether. Any kind of death spam as seen in the past is basically done for because almost everyone has decent armor(diamond+) of some form of another and some form of flight. Everyone I have asked so far on their preference of if they are for or against death messages were either for or neutral.
the reason it is turned off is because when people do blood magic and kill themselves every couple seconds for LP. The spam got pretty bad.
Just letting people know that soul fray lowers the amount of lp you can output may be able to help fix this.
Maybe, it might still be faster though.
It is not faster, it would take 1 second to regen a heart when you have regen 2(regen 3 is not hard to get), which gives 100 lp which is 100 lp/s, if you spam death, you will get about 11 hearts ideally before you kill yourself, and a death respawn cycle would take about 4 seconds, which gives you 110 lp/4s=27.5lp/s this is roughly 1/4, and assumng that you are able to type /is h, get to your blood altar and respawn in 2 seconds(2 more for /is h to work, also assuming good tps). Even without regen 2, you are going to regen a heart every 2.5 seconds which makes death spam not worth it.
They can get kinda annoying as people try to do everything they can to get death messages. Even the stupid death messages.
Have a fantastic day!

Tyler7733

11 days later... no change within the last 8 days in the votes... 100% support in death messages coming back... When does this poll end?(I think the end result of this poll was determined a week ago...)
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Rose2247

*Rose2247 died by falling anvil*
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

blalp

Quote from: Tyler7733 on May 24, 2017, 01:59 PM11 days later... no change within the last 8 days in the votes... 100% support in death messages coming back... When does this poll end?(I think the end result of this poll was determined a week ago...)
ya srry about that. Let me enable NOW.
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Sorry about that terrible delay, Re-enabled due to your input. Thanks for voting and like always, have a great day ;)
Have a fantastic day!

blalp

Have a fantastic day!