Mar 19, 2024, 06:11 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

DC or Marvel?

Started by CleverWhale, May 21, 2017, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer: DC or Marvel?

DC
6 (23.1%)
Marvel
20 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

CleverWhale

Which do you prefer? DC or Marvel?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nubbun

I would say
Marvel: movies

DC: live-action shows

Equal on animated shows (mostly cuz I couldn't pick between X-men Evolution and Teen Titans lol)

\(◎o◎)/

IiRr22Bb

Marvel gets me more hyped up,so marvel defo.

Smileyface2288

Marvel because it sounds like marble and I :heart: marble cake :D

American_Walrus

Marvel always. The "American" in my name comes from Captain America, not being patriotic. My skin is a walrus in a cap america suit, even though my favorite is spiderman any day. Marvel were pretty much the first to get "behind the mask" and look beyond a superhero being a superhero. Peter Parker was a teenage kid trying to battle family struggles, school, hiding his identity, and fighting crime. Steve Rogers was a man who tries to readjust to the new world - not just a man in a costume. Also, they have bomb ass movies despite half of their main characters being owned by Fox or Disney. They pulled a Guardians of the Galaxy movie (2 now) out of their asses, and sold it like CRAZY. GotG was something very few people had heard of. All of their movies are leading to one giant plot: the infinity wars. Also, TV shows. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, all great shows leading to the Defenders.

The main arguments for DC are Batman and Superman. Superman is basically invincible (excluding kryptonite) and any attempt to make him seem more mortal than man looks forced because of his invincible background. Batman is very hit or miss - when you only focus on his personality where he's like "woe is me, my parents are dead", he sucks ass. But when you look at the portion of him where he's smug but caring, tutoring young people to become prodigies to himself, then he's pretty cool. Flash also, I really like Flash. But these things aren't nearly enough to go against Marvel for me, Marvel has a special place in my heart, and the "Well we have batman" argument isn't enough to win me over.

Marvel forever

omelott

reiner_13

I feel like Marvel has better movies, but D.C. has better tv shows.
thats just me
The Best Survival Elite
Former Survival Mod
Survival Lemon
Future Survival Dictator

JinxOnTheLoose

NemeSyS