Mar 28, 2024, 05:09 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

My two cents

Started by Towelie, Jun 06, 2017, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'd like to say that this post is split into two things: Facts and my personal opinions. They will be marked as such.
It's basically a collection of random facts and opinions that I felt everyone should know, despite not having a place for each.

Facts:
- WorldEdit is often broke on worlds that were generated prior to the MC version we are running. For example, currently, regen and other worldedit operations are broken in World2, World3 and possibly veteranworld. Meaning BCV's will always be harder to perform in older worlds (that were not generated with the latest MC version. It's just how WorldEdit / Minecraft works, I think it sucks but oh well..
- We have an entity freezing bug. I've been working for a week now, trying to determine what it's caused by, disabling plugins one by one (obviously I can't take too much time testing because during that time the server is unavailable), but yes, I am aware entities (monsters/animals) have small "freezes". I am not sure of what the cause is and we had a meeting with the devs about this, the other day.
- Donations stink this month. We only made our target the last month because I sold my 3DS and donated the proceedings to SFT. If donations continue going so bad we're going to have a problem real fast.
- We are currently working on a new 1.12 spawn. @Dpa1991 is in charge of the project and various people are hoping. I won't tell what the spawn town is, and if you guess, please don't share. When 1.12 is out (possibly today), I am hoping for us to have a new world within a week.
Then World2 will be renamed as oldw2 and kept an extra 3 months (hence why I haven't announced a reset yet), and the new world will be probably named World2. Build moves will be done for every player, but not until we make an official announcement about the thing.
- bluetigerESW and xQuicScopex are currently practically running PE and pushing updates to it and so on. Be nice to them. I have had reports about blue's attitude and we talked about it / am sure he will improve it. But they are crucially important for the future of PE. They have my blessing and support in managing the server
- blalp is currently in charge of bTeam along with TheStarNomad. Their goal is to add more perks to the shop, fix any bugs they may find and keep b-team running in tip top shape. bTeam is of high importance to us now that it's our #2nd or even #1st server, popularity wise (Survival still makes 95% of the revenue)
- Prison was not officially cancelled, but is not being rushed either. It'll be done when it's done, if it's done. Blalp is focusing on the other modpack now (Skyfactory? I forgot) since we received funding from players with the specific target of a skyfactory server. So prison is not a high priority right now, at all.

My personal opinions / rants:
- Look, I get that SFT isn't as popular as it once was, but that doesn't mean everyone can just act with a complete lack of respect. I hate seing people that were once good, now only coming on SFT for drama and getting kicks out of drama. Get a life people. Either leave or grow up. SFT is not your circus, it's a gaming community and we want to have fun and enjoy ourselves here, not tolerate your crap
- Everyone needs to calm way the fuck down and realize this is a gaming community. Including me some times...
- Lately we've been turning a blind eye for a thing too many regarding staff (often high ranked staff) attitude issues and behavior issues. I'd like to instruct @TheStarNomad✯ and the other HoS'es from the other servers to start enforcing the rules. Use warnings, use demotions, us e whatever is in your power to stop this wave of drama and bs and personal attacks that's going on. It's time to stop giving people a reason to complain about the staff on SFT. I mean this.

That's about it, if I remember anything else, I'll update the post. Ask me anything.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Mrs_Ender88

thanks for all your hard work
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

theP

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 06, 2017, 02:54 PM- We are currently working on a new 1.12 spawn. [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] is in charge of the project and various people are hoping. I won't tell what the spawn town is, and if you guess, please don't share. When 1.12 is out (possibly today), I am hoping for us to have a new world within a week.

.... OMG ....

Lucy_23x

Quote from: theP on Jun 06, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 06, 2017, 02:54 PM- We are currently working on a new 1.12 spawn. [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] is in charge of the project and various people are hoping. I won't tell what the spawn town is, and if you guess, please don't share. When 1.12 is out (possibly today), I am hoping for us to have a new world within a week.

.... OMG ....
1.12? More updates? More!?

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 06, 2017, 03:16 PM
Quote from: theP on Jun 06, 2017, 03:08 PM

.... OMG ....
1.12? More updates? More!?
Yep. Parrots, glazed teracota, etc.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Tombo_

Any update on the new pix?

Towelie

theP

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 06, 2017, 04:00 PM
Quote from: Tombo_ on Jun 06, 2017, 03:45 PMAny update on the new pix?
@Dpa1991 ?
pfffffff he already betrayed pix for surival D,:

MrChanango

Thanks for the nice update Towelie!
If I could, I would TOTALLY donate.
Thought I have an idea...
Not sure if this is against Eula, but what if this is a thing:
For ranks, I'm not sure what is the lowest/highest, but there is a new command for all the donation ranks:
/materials... then you name three materials
Ex:
/materials log log stone
For the base donation rank, the command would give you 3 stacks of each.
So if I had the smallest donation rank, I would get 3 stacks of logs, another 3 stacks of logs, then 3 stacks of stone.
Some things would be obviously forbidden for this as it would be OP (Diamond blocks, beacons, end stone maybe) as the ranks get more and more expensive, you would give more stacks of each material.
1st rank: 3 stacks of 3 materials.
2nd rank: 5 stacks of 3 materials.
3rd rank: 7 stacks of 3 materials.

This "kit" would have a cool down of like 1 week maybe. Idk, just an idea.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

stormshooter

Quote from: MrChanango on Jun 06, 2017, 04:09 PMThanks for the nice update Towelie!
For ranks, I'm not sure what is the lowest/highest, but there is a new command for all the donation ranks:
Ex:
/materials log log stone
So if I had the smallest donation rank, I would get 3 stacks of logs, another 3 stacks of logs, then 3 stacks of stone.
Some things would be obviously forbidden for this as it would be OP (Diamond blocks, beacons, end stone maybe) as the ranks get more and more expensive, you would give more stacks of each material.

That's against EULA

MrChanango

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 06, 2017, 04:12 PM
Quote from: MrChanango on Jun 06, 2017, 04:09 PMThanks for the nice update Towelie!
Ex:
/materials log log stone

That's against EULA
Screw you EULA!!!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

KittyKatsAmazing

What's been happening to prison, I know it's been hard to work on since such little donations keep happening, but I really think we could get a uplift of players once it gets started up. I know i'm super excited for prison and I have been waiting for it for so long.
"I don't think people understand how stressful it is to explain whats going on in your head when you don't even understand it yourself"

Britney1177

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 06, 2017, 02:54 PM- Lately we've been turning a blind eye for a thing too many regarding staff (often high ranked staff) attitude issues and behavior issues. I'd like to instruct @TheStarNomad✯ and the other HoS'es from the other servers to start enforcing the rules. Use warnings, use demotions, use whatever is in your power to stop this wave of drama and bs and personal attacks that's going on. It's time to stop giving people a reason to complain about the staff on SFT. I mean this.

Understood, although we really don't have this problem on pocket.  :potato:

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

blalp

Quote from: KittyKatsAmazing on Jun 06, 2017, 05:26 PMWhat's been happening to prison, I know it's been hard to work on since such little donations keep happening, but I really think we could get a uplift of players once it gets started up. I know i'm super excited for prison and I have been waiting for it for so long.
Slow work atm, if you ever want to make suggestions, please pm me. We have a couple people helping out. Mainly @TheOfficialMiner, @timelord_emma,  and @AmusingThrone. Right now we are working on expanding the world to add more mines (a-z instead of the previous a-g). Unfortunately, I have a lot to do atm. On the prison note, I would rather release a great server later than an ok one sooner. The reason that skyfact is higher than prison on my list is bc someone donated 200$ for the project to start. Originaly for prison I was doing every wendsday I would do prison stuff, and i am starting that again. I might designate a day to bteam and lost/other as well. Atm I am working on a short project that may solve a serious problem on lost/skyfact. If that isnt done today, i will move off of it.

My To-Do list in order:
bteam critical bugs
website critical bugs
lost critical bugs
SkyFact (Lost v2?) planning
bteam premium shop
bteam bugs
SkyFact
prison
lost
Have a fantastic day!

MasterX70

Vibrates in anticipation of fixed clay colors

Lucy_23x

Quote from: blalp on Jun 06, 2017, 07:38 PMbteam critical bugs
Sorreh this is probably me
seriously ask anyone... Cri

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

IiRr22Bb

People running Pocket server should be HoS and BluetigerESW and xQuicScopex isn't it? And saywaht2365 maybe not saywhat but isn't hos meaning Brit meant to be there?

Quote from: Britney1177 on Jun 06, 2017, 05:39 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 06, 2017, 02:54 PM- Lately we've been turning a blind eye for a thing too many regarding staff (often high ranked staff) attitude issues and behavior issues. I'd like to instruct @TheStarNomad✯ and the other HoS'es from the other servers to start enforcing the rules. Use warnings, use demotions, use whatever is in your power to stop this wave of drama and bs and personal attacks that's going on. It's time to stop giving people a reason to complain about the staff on SFT. I mean this.

I agree with this,all of us on pocket have once atleast have our moments but all of us together makes me think we've improved even more.

Britney1177

Quote from: IiRr22Bb on Jun 06, 2017, 09:52 PMPeople running Pocket server should be HoS and BluetigerESW and xQuicScopex isn't it? And saywaht2365 maybe not saywhat but isn't hos meaning Brit meant to be there?

Quote from: Britney1177 on Jun 06, 2017, 05:39 PM

I agree with this,all of us on pocket have once atleast have our moments but all of us together makes me think we've improved even more.

I only run the staff team, not the server itself ;)
They've been adding new plug-ins and stuff. I can't do that because I'm a noob.

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

ZhaviaFan

About what chan said, Does selling /fly and /j go against EULA?

MrChanango

Quote from: ironlord822 on Jun 07, 2017, 12:57 AMAbout what chan said, Does selling /fly and /j go against EULA?
SFT used to, but they took it off specially because the EULA.
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

ZhaviaFan

But i've seen countless other servers sell /fly /god and such?..

Nubbun

Quote from: ironlord822 on Jun 07, 2017, 11:39 PMBut i've seen countless other servers sell /fly /god and such?..
Yeah but eula is against it so it kinda falls on "do you wanna risk it".

\(◎o◎)/

AmusingThrone

Just wanted to provide a mini status update:

I haven't been on for the last few weeks mainly because I have been on Vacation.

This summer with my new job and all, things look really difficult. Along with that, I started learning a variety of new languages (PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby) and working with a variety of different server types (not game servers, but like physical machines), which I would like to somehow apply to SFT sometime, however am not sure whether I will get the chance to in the near future.

My current priorities as it is:

- A Top-Secret Proyecto (Project)
- Pixelmon
- MCPE Discord
- Survival
- Prison
- Lost/B-Team or whatever @blalp needs me for on the servers

Recently I have been running out of ideas on what to do. I think I might be needing some inspiration. If you guys ever think of something cool, or something that our servers are lacking, feel free to PM me or any other Developer. We are all ears.

Towelie

Quote from: AmusingThrone on Jun 08, 2017, 03:13 PMRecently I have been running out of ideas on what to do. I think I might be needing some inspiration. If you guys ever think of something cool, or something that our servers are lacking, feel free to PM me or any other Developer. We are all ears.
But please run it through me before so you don't work on it and then i don't want to add it xd

BioPh33r

i vote for a status for pix's update as well. I mean its only fair and we havent seen any news for ~a month now. Would totally spend money to see one of sft most popular servers revival.

*note im currently broke but would still risk debt to see it's revival*