Mar 28, 2024, 12:17 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Do you like recent developments?

Started by Towelie, Jun 10, 2017, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I need you to tell me if I'm going in the right direction with the recent developments:

- The addition of EliteMobs
- The removal of GlobalMarket and addition of the new market plugin (this was needed to do for the update anyway)
- Various other things

I basically want to know if you feel like i'm doing a good job or not. PS: Please don't count the recent restarts as a bad thing, that was needed to ensure compatibility with 1.12 (if you don't know what I mean, I restarted around ~5 times in a day the other day)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Lucy_23x

I like everything
Though i have found that elite mobs have been a bit glitchy (and op but thats sorted)

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

SkilledMasterHD

The elite mobs are fair op In my saying but everything is good. I'm not bothered about the elite mobs being op but some guests may die when they made a house and don't have any protection and no way to do /back since the command is not allowed to players but some staff teleport them to where they die. So it's all good I guess.

Britney1177

I personally dislike the elite mobs. Players that are guest and member struggle to kill them. Today I had to help a player because several elite mobs were outside their house. They were only a member and didn't have what was needed to destroy them. Regular mobs are already hard enough to beat on the server for guests and members. This just makes it worse for them.

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Towelie

Is this still a problem after yesterday's nerf?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Lucy_23x

Could nerf the spawn rate

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Doctor_Thanos

Personally the Elite Mobs don't bug me but that's mainly due to my having god and not really caring for them but someone who doesn't have fly and god and no weapons - especially guests and members - I think it can be quite a pain.

Protecter3

As a veteran, I find it is hard to kill the elite mobs, especially if I go around to explore or just extract surface resources using minimal tools and slime fun armor that adds things like jump boost, water breathing, fire resistance, etc cetera, as quite a few spawn and combined with how SFTmmo doubles mob health it becomes very difficult to kill them, at their higher levels.
So far, the only ones I've killed are those that spawn in grinders, and they don't exceed level 9 or 10, as far as I've seen.

However, I find the things you are good overall, trying to ready the server for 1.12 with a new auction plugin, instead of waiting for globalmarket to update.

Is it possible to binding crazyauctionhouse's commands to the Global market commands, like how /ml calls the same window as /ah or /ca when crazyauctionhouse was installed on the server?

Edit: i have /fly

Towelie

Give EliteMobs another shot  please! They were drastically nerfed.

Protecter - I can't bind multiple word commands (eg /market create)

MrChanango

Quote from: Britney1177 on Jun 10, 2017, 02:52 PMI personally dislike the elite mobs. Players that are guest and member struggle to kill them. Today I had to help a player because several elite mobs were outside their house. They were only a member and didn't have what was needed to destroy them. Regular mobs are already hard enough to beat on the server for guests and members. This just makes it worse for them.
This is my exact situation I am in. (But in this case, I have a "Normal" texture pack ;) ;) ;))
Anyways... creepers that are level 15+ are basically unbeatable. A few days ago I tried to kill a level 22 creeper without God to get some Elite stuff. I have full Protection 4 diamond and the explosion killed me, and broke a LOT of the durability. Thank god I didn't see the explosion *Phew*

Edit: I have not tried them with the recent nerf.
I LOVE the idea of mini boss mobs but they are just a little OP, again haven't tried the nerf.
Thanks for being an awesome Owner Tow <3
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Britney1177

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 10, 2017, 02:53 PMIs this still a problem after yesterday's nerf?

My situation I talked about happened only about 3 hours ago.

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Uglypenguins

Im probably the only one here who will say I like Elite mobs, good loot, i can kill them

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Uglypenguins on Jun 10, 2017, 04:32 PMIm probably the only one here who will say I like Elite mobs, good loot, i can kill them

Agreed with this, something can actually kill me now. Starting to feel like survival again eh.

And to go with "a member or guest had to get me to kill it for them" This has been around since the olden days. I remember guests saying that when i started playing. Gives them something to get geared up for.

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

MrChanango

Quote from: Uglypenguins on Jun 10, 2017, 04:32 PMIm probably the only one here who will say I like Elite mobs, good loot, i can kill them
You do know you are not allowed to use God Mode to farm Elite items?
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

HD

Elite mobs just makes me happy playing Survival, something I can fight solo or with others for fun. A challenge in the game, this is making me feel like survival is now actually survival, surviving the night from harsh mobs.

Also for the ones that are saying things about lvl 20+ creepers, did you guys try a lvl 20 enderman? Jeez that enderman eradicates players..

4dan7

I dislike the new market. I think the old one was more simple for players. Thats just my opinion though...
Keep It Classy.-4Dan

MrChanango

Quote from: 4dan7 on Jun 10, 2017, 07:14 PMI dislike the new market. I think the old one was more simple for players. Thats just my opinion though...
Although I completely agree, Tow stated in this post that the only reason we are moving plugins is to be able to update to 1.12 faster.
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Elder 3/21/18

GotAnError

Elite mobs are fun. I collect and love their drops and I only need a few hits in with my bow to even kill lvl 22 elite mobs.

They are a challenge people need to be willing to take. Survival needs a challenge. I have not died a single time to an elite mob, as far as I know. Just be strategic in how you fight them.

Plus, even before the whole elite mobs plugin, I saw Guests and Members ask for help to kill mobs on a daily base. Elite mobs haven't changed that one bit.

To counter it, maybe allow protection flags again which stop hostile mobs from spawning within protections. That way, you'll only find elite mobs during your explorations in the wild. Those flags used to be allowed.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Lucy_23x

Towelie

GlobalMarket is not supported in 1.12 and the author is inactive.
Furthermore, we were using a really ancient version of it as the most recent version was really broken and buggy.
So I am replacing it because of the need, not because I want to.

HD

I literally spent 5 nights in the game today, searching and waiting for elite mobs to spawn, but only having few of the lvl 2-3 mobs only in those 5 nights. Not a single lvl 5/10/15/20+ elite mob, I personally would say that nerfing them up to this point isn't making them fun anymore, it's now just regular mobs that I can 1-2 hit them with a bow or an axe.

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Jun 11, 2017, 06:19 PMI literally spent 5 nights in the game today, searching and waiting for elite mobs to spawn, but only having few of the lvl 2-3 mobs only in those 5 nights. Not a single lvl 5/10/15/20+ elite mob, I personally would say that nerfing them up to this point isn't making them fun anymore, it's now just regular mobs that I can 1-2 hit them with a bow or an axe.
Bumped their spawn rate a bit, let me know how it feels now.