Mar 28, 2024, 11:53 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] You can now toggle discord

Started by Towelie, Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Good news everyone! You can now unsubscribe from the Discord <-> MC chat sync and no longer see discord messages or have your messages be broadcasted in discord.

Usage: /discord toggle (same command if you wish to re-enable)
@garywb @omelott  -> You might appreciate this feature :)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Nubbun

I don't play survival but all the talk about disabling discord was stupid lol good solution *applause* :)

\(◎o◎)/

Zeph

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 PMGood news everyone! You can now unsubscribe from the Discord <-> MC chat sync and no longer see discord messages or have your messages be broadcasted in discord.

Did i do gud, i think i did gud :) Next can we give paul_weebird admin @towelie

theP

Who do we have to thank for this? (=which dev was able to make this in such a short time?)

Zeph

Quote from: theP on Jun 14, 2017, 02:11 PMWho do we have to thank for this? (=which dev was able to make this in such a short time?)
Well i know im thanking paul, he answered my prayers. @thep

Britney1177

Quote from: DarthAxonaxirah on Jun 14, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 PMGood news everyone! You can now unsubscribe from the Discord <-> MC chat sync and no longer see discord messages or have your messages be broadcasted in discord.

Did i do gud, i think i did gud :) Next can we give paul_weebird admin

#FreeTheWee ;)

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Doctor_Thanos

I think this is a really liked feature for many people! :)

Lucy_23x

Sure
Idk if half-conversations would bother peoples but as for me, sure

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Quote from: theP on Jun 14, 2017, 02:11 PMWho do we have to thank for this? (=which dev was able to make this in such a short time?)
Nobody, it was already a part of the plugin.
Technically @Mrs_Ender88 for adding the perms xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

theP

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2017, 02:39 PM
Nobody, it was already a part of the plugin.
Technically @Mrs_Ender88 for adding the perms xD
lel then thanks ender xD

Katherine

Just be wary of people attempting to start conversations on discord, without being aware that said person has it muted, which then looks as if they're ignoring them.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Katherine on Jun 14, 2017, 03:10 PMJust be wary of people attempting to start conversations on discord, without being aware that said person has it muted, which then looks as if they're ignoring them.
As well as this, if someone is being talked about behind their back, staff will stop it, right?

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

MrChanango

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 14, 2017, 03:13 PM
Quote from: Katherine on Jun 14, 2017, 03:10 PMJust be wary of people attempting to start conversations on discord, without being aware that said person has it muted, which then looks as if they're ignoring them.
As well as this, if someone is being talked about behind their back, staff will stop it, right?
Yes, we will try... I will atleast xD
As well as this, everyone please be aware that, like pcensor, just because this is in place does NOT mean you can be spammy, or extra toxic. Rules still apply to Discord :)
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Towelie

Staff - I'm sorry but you are going to be asked to not turn off this for yourselves when on main accounts so you can monitor what's being said on discord and punish if needed.

xJade

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 PMYou can now unsubscribe from the Discord <-> MC chat sync and no longer see discord messages or have your messages be broadcasted in discord.
I can see some problems with this already. When a player wants to insult someone they can toggle discord off and go at the person then enabling it again just so us staff won't see what they've said. When a player reports another player to me because of the things they've said and have no proof with them now it'll be harder to get the proof because the messages won't be logged into discord at all. I use discord to help players as much as i can and try to look into chat logs via discord for proof. But now that will be harder since the players in game can do /discord toggle :/
 maybe have /discord toggle only disable messages coming from discord and instead of disabling in-game chat logging in discord? idk if its possible but it'll be much easier for staff to look through the logs without the logs being tampered with.

Great idea tho i like the thought! :D

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

blalp

Quote from: xJimJam on Jun 14, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 PMYou can now unsubscribe from the Discord <-> MC chat sync and no longer see discord messages or have your messages be broadcasted in discord.
I can see some problems with this already. When a player wants to insult someone they can toggle discord off and go at the person then enabling it again just so us staff won't see what they've said. When a player reports another player to me because of the things they've said and have no proof with them now it'll be harder to get the proof because the messages won't be logged into discord at all. I use discord to help players as much as i can and try to look into chat logs via discord for proof. But now that will be harder since the players in game can do /discord toggle :/
 maybe have /discord toggle only disable messages coming from discord and instead of disabling in-game chat logging in discord? idk if its possible but it'll be much easier for staff to look through the logs without the logs being tampered with.

I agree if possible it should only disable discord -> you, not you-> discord.
Have a fantastic day!

BattleAxium

Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 AM #16 Last Edit: Jun 15, 2017, 01:03 AM by BattleAxium
Quote from: blalp on Jun 14, 2017, 11:13 PM

Set this MinecraftUnsubscribedMessageForwarding: false to true in the config if you want what they said. @Towelie

omelott

Awesome solution!

Gary seemed really happy about it when we spoke today.  :)

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 AM

Set this MinecraftUnsubscribedMessageForwarding: false to true in the config if you want what they said. @Towelie
Thank you very much, done.

blalp

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 15, 2017, 07:00 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 AM

Thank you very much, done.
Thx Tow and BattleAxium!
Have a fantastic day!