[Survival & B-Team] Skin Competition

Started by Doctor_Thanos, Jun 23, 2017, 08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor_Thanos

Jun 23, 2017, 08:07 AM Last Edit: Jun 23, 2017, 02:49 PM by blakus87
The Skin Competition
on Survival & B-Team

Hello everyone!

It's been quite some time since we've had a skin contest so we thought; why not have one again?

The theme for this contest is TV, Movies & Theatre. You can create skins that you like of favourite TV/Movie/Theatre Characters, of secondary characters you like or from people behind the scenes (for example a lights technician..).

Prizes
1st place - 1,500,000.00 EmpBucks
2nd place - 875,000.00 EmpBucks
3rd place - 125,000.00 EmpBucks

If you'd like to participate fill in the following form once your skin is ready.

[b]Minecraft IGN:[/b]
[b]On which server would you like to receive the prize in case you win? Survival or B-Team?:[/b]
[b]Description of Skin:[/b]
[b]Pictures of Skin:[/b]
You may use Gyazo to take screenshots or http://imgur.com/ to upload them from your screenshots folder on .minecraft at %appdata%. You may also post pictures of your skin in a Nova Skin Minecraft Wallpaper.

In case of 2 players having the same score the 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd prizes will be united and will be divided by two. If you win on Survival you will be paid by me (Prof_Thanos) wheareas, if you win on B-Team you will be paid by TheStarNomad.

Competition Rules
1. All skins you use have to be your creations. To avoid confusion try creating something more original. Originality will be taken into great consideration.
2. You may participate to the competition with up to 5 different skins, but only one of them can win any place.
3. People from the judging team may participate on the contest. Their score will be counted as x/90 and then turned into x% and they will not vote for their skin(s).
4. Your skin may not be based on another skin, which is not yours, with minor changes.
5. Teams are allowed. Prize will be split in the number of members unless we are asked to do otherwise.

You have a little more than 2 weeks to create and submit your skins. You may view the time left on the following Countdown.

The Judges (in no particular order)
Prof_Thanos
TheStarNomad
SashaLarie
Masterx70
Britney1177
MrRed2017
MrChanango
reiner_13

Mrs_Ender88
NoBoDyWoLf

All judges will give a score with 10 points being perfect. All rating will be publicised but will be anonymous.

Spoiler: show
Good luck! <3

4dan7

Can we be in teams of say 2 players? As in like you and one other person.
Keep It Classy.-4Dan

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: 4dan7 on Jun 23, 2017, 08:14 AMCan we be in teams of say 2 players? As in like you and one other person.
Yes! :)

Doctor_Thanos

For anyone who doesn't know, you can use The Skindex or Miners Need Cool Shoes to make your skins. :)

Doctor_Thanos

Moved contest post to Front page with permission from Towelie.

MrChanango

Shouldn't YOUR name Thanos be Manager red in the "Judges Section" ;)
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

blakus87

Quote from: MrChanango on Jun 23, 2017, 02:45 PMShouldn't YOUR name Thanos be Manager red in the "Judges Section" ;)

Donezo

Zeph

How come theres only one judge from bteam? - Anyway i volunteer if you'd like to make the selection of judges a little more diverse :) @thanos

IiRr22Bb

This will be pretty bias, because Steve skin won't win :(

I like the idea though!

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: DarthAxonaxirah on Jun 23, 2017, 03:00 PMHow come theres only one judge from bteam? - Anyway i volunteer if you'd like to make the selection of judges a little more diverse :) @Thanos
I've been talked about this again so I'm going to say what's going on in public.
This was meant to be a Survival contest but including B-Team was a last minute decision I took because I had done the same in past contests since @TheStarNomad✯  is an Owner there and can spawn money which will be removed from Survival. It wasn't really meant to be for both servers but I thought of allowing B-Team people to join too and we just  did. :)

MrRed2017

Excerpt from tomorrow's gazette:

Good luck guys!

Kirbyhand

Do we put our contest here.? i have no idea where to submit :/

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: Silly_goose_king on Jun 24, 2017, 12:51 PMDo we put our contest here.? i have no idea where to submit :/
Quote from: Thanos on Jun 23, 2017, 08:07 AMIf you'd like to participate fill in the following form once your skin is ready.
Code Select
[b]Minecraft IGN:[/b]
[b]On which server would you like to receive the prize in case you win? Survival or B-Team?:[/b]
[b]Description of Skin:[/b]
[b]Pictures of Skin:[/b]

CorruptNexus

They call me daddy but it isnt cause i have a kid ;)

ep9954

@Thanos is this still a thing or does it need to be locked...?
B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

Person514

Minecraft IGN: BlunterWarrior
On which server would you like to receive the prize in case you win? Survival or B-Team?: BTEAM
Description of Skin: It's a blue guy
Pictures of Skin:

There's like one hour left, so I thought I'll make a very quick skin  ;)

ep9954

This is probs not even a thing anymore but blunt posted so i decided to xD

Minecraft IGN: ep9954
On which server would you like to receive the prize in case you win? Survival or B-Team?: Survival
Description of Skin: This skin is based on Marty McFly from Back to the Future! (I think) The shading style is a little different because it's supposed to be @Scout205 's character dressed up as Marty. I did make the skin for him tho so that's why I'm entering it under my name.
Pictures of Skin:

(full skin file if needed)

B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

Doctor_Thanos

The competition is over!

We will evaluate your skins and let you know who won 1st and 2nd prize. :)