Mar 28, 2024, 10:36 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Pixelmon - Quite the bump in the road..

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 14, 2017, 05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRITIUMNITR0X

It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

Dpa1991

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 14, 2017, 12:50 PMsome people bite off more than they can chew and take on projects that they can't or don't have the time to finish.

Guilty, I try but in 100% honesty to you guys, it just is not as easy as it use to be. I've been active within this community for the last...6 almost 7? years with no real breaks. It's just becoming a chore instead of a hobby.

boomonstervi

It isnt that other servers arent known, its that each server targets specific people. You cant get your pixelmon fix on survival, bteam or lost. You cant get your bteam fix on pixelmon or survival and so on. You cant just make another popular server, Pixelmon is popular because it is a 1:1 rip of the official games of a billion dollar company. This was bound to happen eventually, and in one hand I'm laughing at it but the other I feel sadness because now we may lose a once great server.[/quote]
I feel like you missed this reply ^ 
[/quote]

Oh I did thanks

Waxification

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 14, 2017, 05:57 AMWell we're getting ready to launch the pixelmon server (less than a week from now) and I get a message from Towelie..
Seems Pixelmon  got a Cease and desist letter from Pokemon and the team at Pixelmon will be ceasing all future development. While we are still going to proceed with the launch on the 20th, I wanted to keep you guys informed because things could get messy. I don't know how Technic will handle this, they very well could start deleting any Pixelmon modpacks on their platform to prevent them from being in any way liable for anything.

We are considering not offering a Premium shop for the pixelmon server at all, because with all of this I don't know if the server will be around long. What are your opinions on this?

Nooo this can't be :( I had such great times playing pixelmon here <3sft

blalp

Quote from: garow93 on Jul 14, 2017, 05:30 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 14, 2017, 03:54 PMI think that we should still at least try to offer premium shop things because I firmly believe that Technic just has to stop allowing new Pixelmon modpacks to be made, not closing down old ones.
Problem with this is our "updated" modpack will be released as a new modpack, so it fully falls under the "no new modpacks" category.
It is an update to an old pack. Not sure if that would be allowed. And it was on technic before this copyright thing under a separate version. Not sure if this will be blocked or not. Not sure if this would be blocked now, maybe just later when this goes through? not sure.
Have a fantastic day!

BattleAxium

Quote from: blalp on Jul 18, 2017, 03:59 AM
Quote from: garow93 on Jul 14, 2017, 05:30 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 14, 2017, 03:54 PMI think that we should still at least try to offer premium shop things because I firmly believe that Technic just has to stop allowing new Pixelmon modpacks to be made, not closing down old ones.
Problem with this is our "updated" modpack will be released as a new modpack, so it fully falls under the "no new modpacks" category.
It is an update to an old pack. Not sure if that would be allowed. And it was on technic before this copyright thing under a separate version. Not sure if this will be blocked or not. Not sure if this would be blocked now, maybe just later when this goes through? not sure.

Regardless of whether the server is considered new or old, the main mod on the server, Pixelmon, is discontinued. Meaning it will become outdated with newer versions of Minecraft and eventually become stale and buried. I think it's a good idea to look for alternatives instead of putting more work into something that will soon become obsolete.

theP

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 19, 2017, 03:33 AMRegardless of whether the server is considered new or old, the main mod on the server, Pixelmon, is discontinued. Meaning it will become outdated with newer versions of Minecraft and eventually become stale and buried. I think it's a good idea to look for alternatives instead of putting more work into something that will soon become obsolete.
Rationaly thinking yes, but, wether You belive it or not, people love pixelmon that much that its the only thing Holding them here (and no thats not just me thats 8 other active players that have stated that this was the case for them too).... So yes looking for alternatives would probs be the better idea and still saying "screw pix" will upset people... Instead @Dpa1991 You could Cycle through diffrent themes with your modpack to keep it interesting, and yes as much as you hate it, flans will eventualy have to be a Part of the modpack (seing as pretty much every Suggestion from a new player is "add flans!")

DeltaCosmic

Jul 20, 2017, 10:07 PM #57 Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 10:19 PM by DeltaCosmic
Quote from: theP on Jul 19, 2017, 05:38 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 19, 2017, 03:33 AMRegardless of whether the server is considered new or old, the main mod on the server, Pixelmon, is discontinued. Meaning it will become outdated with newer versions of Minecraft and eventually become stale and buried. I think it's a good idea to look for alternatives instead of putting more work into something that will soon become obsolete.
Rationaly thinking yes, but, wether You belive it or not, people love pixelmon that much that its the only thing Holding them here (and no thats not just me thats 8 other active players that have stated that this was the case for them too).... So yes looking for alternatives would probs be the better idea and still saying "screw pix" will upset people... Instead @Dpa1991 You could Cycle through diffrent themes with your modpack to keep it interesting, and yes as much as you hate it, flans will eventualy have to be a Part of the modpack (seing as pretty much every Suggestion from a new player is "add flans!")
I'm just gonna say this. I love new mods, i like seeing things paired with pixelmon, But flans has no place in pixelmon, Pokemon has shown few to no guns, and stuff like that.(yes i've seen the anime and know of banned episodes and scenes)
I could see a cars and planes mod being added, but not flans, Its nice, but doesn't fit.

Its popular, but can be laggy and is big, putting it with pixlemon, which is one of the biggest mods(rip) Would be buggy and probably too much.

Also, Saying it "Has" to be part is kind of ignorant. I'm sure you mean well, but it is worded kind of rude.

Quick edit:"I'm not speaking for or as dpa here, this is just my opinion"

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

Towelie

Let's also add that flans is extremely bugged/glitchy

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796