Mar 28, 2024, 08:29 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Ask me anything (regarding SFT)

Started by Towelie, Jul 21, 2017, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Ask me anything regarding SFT.
My hope with this post is both to answer some questions and hopefully to get some direction for SFT's future from you guys (as from experience, I know the questions you guys ask are tough and make me really think)

So ask me anything about Super Fun Time.
I'd also like to invite @Dpa1991 @saywhat2365 @fearthe1337 @blalp to participate to this, and answer any questions addressed to them, but ultimately it's their call.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

theP

Will the Rising World Beta Server Stay up alot longer?

(For @Dpa1991 ) How do You plan on keeping pix interesting Even without any more pixelmon updates?

Thats all i can think of from the top of my head... probs more later

Towelie

Quote from: theP on Jul 21, 2017, 11:42 AMWill the Rising World Beta Server Stay up alot longer?
It's too early to say. Probably at how it is at this stage, I'll just keep it up until interest stops. But if the game progresses and we get more content, a plugin api, etc, then yeah, it may turn into a permanent server if there is demand

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

IiRr22Bb

By this, do you mean just like plugins to be suggested to add? Questions like those I wanna ask.

theP

One more tiny thing... (assuming there is one and it isnt added yet) will You add a paintball plugin to honor splatoon this week? ;3

Chill2000

What were your aspirations when your first started SFT? And what are they now?
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

xQuicScopex

Jul 21, 2017, 12:55 PM #6 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017, 01:12 PM by xQuicScopex✪
questions to all owners (literally every one of them for sft) do you ever find yourself just needing a break from everything related to your particular server, and do you feel "competitive" towards our other servers? Want to be #1, best uptime, most players, etc.? cause I know I do now with pe xD

xQuicScopex

Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on Jul 21, 2017, 12:55 PMquestions to all owners (literally every one of them for sft) do you ever find yourself just needing a break from everything related to your particular server, and do you feel "competitive" towards our other servers? Want to be #1, best uptime, most players, etc.? cause I know I do now with pe xD

also thanks for leaving pe out/me and blue tow :p (no hate just joking <3)

theP

Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on Jul 21, 2017, 01:26 PMalso thanks for leaving pe out/me and blue tow :p (no hate just joking <3)
But pe staff is generaly younger and so tow didnt know if youd be old enough to answer these questions ;3

xQuicScopex

Quote from: theP on Jul 21, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on Jul 21, 2017, 01:26 PMalso thanks for leaving pe out/me and blue tow :p (no hate just joking <3)
But pe staff is generaly younger and so tow didnt know if youd be old enough to answer these questions ;3
manager+ aren't younger for the most part xD and why would you have an owner for a server that isn't old enough to answer things? (btw im 22 and blue is 17)

Chocobo123456

How do you guys feel about me finding potential exploits on each of the servers and reporting them to staff? *Note i will do my best to help find stuff in pix so plz dont hurt me*

theP

Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on Jul 21, 2017, 02:13 PM
manager+ aren't younger for the most part xD and why would you have an owner for a server that isn't old enough to answer things? (btw im 22 and blue is 17)
That my friend is what You call a joke... Im aware that You guys are older...

MrChanango

Quote from: Chill2000 on Jul 21, 2017, 12:34 PMWhat were your aspirations when your first started SFT? And what are they now?
This exactly.
And a few more  (directed towards Survival)

Whats your favorite spawn Survival has ever had?

Who invented the entire SFT style? (i.e, Staff BCV stuff, managers remove, emporium, events) because I had never seen BCV'S or events or emporium before SFT.

Besides the original owners (dpa, fear, Towelie) who else was your very first Admin/staff team that you remember?

Who made up the name SFT and why did you guys stick with it?

Along side the last one, what are some other  names that SFT could have been that didn't make the cut?
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

xQuicScopex

Quote from: theP on Jul 21, 2017, 02:40 PM
That my friend is what You call a joke... Im aware that You guys are older...
calm down I know it was a joke for you :p just making sure others know its not serious otherwise some drama can come up -_-

BluetigerESW

I'm 18 bich :(
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

theP

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jul 21, 2017, 04:05 PM
I'm 18 bich :(
Exactly quic!!

HD

1) Will there be a plan to have some YouTubers willingly or "give me a money deal and I'll do it" to advertise SFT?

2) If you could bring back ONE person to SFT, who would that person be?

Towelie

Quote from: IiRr22Bb on Jul 21, 2017, 11:47 AMBy this, do you mean just like plugins to be suggested to add? Questions like those I wanna ask.
I meant literally anything.

Towelie

Quote from: theP on Jul 21, 2017, 12:02 PMOne more tiny thing... (assuming there is one and it isnt added yet) will You add a paintball plugin to honor splatoon this week? ;3
I actually have a Splatoon 1.8.9 mc server set up that I may revive for the weekend, as an event. It's pretty legit.

Towelie

Quote from: Chill2000 on Jul 21, 2017, 12:34 PMWhat were your aspirations when your first started SFT? And what are they now?
My aspirations when I started SFT were to meet new people, make new friends and have fun.
And oh boy did that happen. I met my new best friend @Dpa1991 and my other great friend and my parrot's godfather @saywhat2365 here, as well as a lot of other cool and awesome people.
My aspirations now are to continue SFT for as long as possible, and hope something great comes around again (like Minecraft was)

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on Jul 21, 2017, 12:55 PMquestions to all owners (literally every one of them for sft) do you ever find yourself just needing a break from everything related to your particular server, and do you feel "competitive" towards our other servers? Want to be #1, best uptime, most players, etc.? cause I know I do now with pe xD
Yes and yes. Most definitely.

Towelie

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 21, 2017, 02:25 PMHow do you guys feel about me finding potential exploits on each of the servers and reporting them to staff? *Note i will do my best to help find stuff in pix so plz dont hurt me*
That's the desired way. If you find glitches/exploits, please report them to staff so we can fix them. So good xD

Towelie

Quote from: MrChanango on Jul 21, 2017, 03:00 PM
This exactly.

Who invented the entire SFT style? (i.e, Staff BCV stuff, managers remove, emporium, events) because I had never seen BCV'S or events or emporium before SFT.

Besides the original owners (dpa, fear, Towelie) who else was your very first Admin/staff team that you remember?

Along side the last one, what are some other  names that SFT could have been that didn't make the cut?
The "SFT style" wasn't really invented by anyone, it's more like the legacy of multiple people. For example @Fractalion made the Emporium and I am not 100% sure who invented the BCV's.
The first admin/staff I remember - PinkyB.
The name is funny actually. So @bogeymanEST and I were looking for a name and we couldn't really come up with one. So then I saw an episode from my favorite TV show (southpark) which magically made it clear what the gaming community should be named.

On southpark, there's an amusement park called Super Phun Thyme, so I kind of adapted that to Super Fun Time (so people didn't think I was a moron and couldn't type) and went with it xD
As for other names, that was like what, 7 years ago? I legit can't remember. Maybe @bogeymanEST can remember?

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Jul 21, 2017, 04:22 PM1) Will there be a plan to have some YouTubers willingly or "give me a money deal and I'll do it" to advertise SFT?

2) If you could bring back ONE person to SFT, who would that person be?

1. Uhm, we can barely pay our bills any more and youtubers want obscene amounts of money to make videos of SFT (For example Bashur took $900 to make that pix video, which he later deleted, but those were very very different times when we could afford stuff like that)
2. I'd rather not name any names to not offend other people :P

MrChanango

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 21, 2017, 04:33 PM
Quote from: MrChanango on Jul 21, 2017, 03:00 PM
This exactly.

The "SFT style" wasn't really invented by anyone, it's more like the legacy of multiple people. For example @Fractalion made the Emporium and I am not 100% sure who invented the BCV's.
The first admin/staff I remember - PinkyB.
The name is funny actually. So @bogeymanEST and I were looking for a name and we couldn't really come up with one. So then I saw an episode from my favorite TV show (southpark) which magically made it clear what the gaming community should be named.

On southpark, there's an amusement park called Super Phun Thyme, so I kind of adapted that to Super Fun Time (so people didn't think I was a moron and couldn't type) and went with it xD
As for other names, that was like what, 7 years ago? I legit can't remember. Maybe @bogeymanEST can remember?
I knew there was some connection with that south park episode! :D thanks for answering
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18