It's against the rules to sell items for real money

Started by Towelie, Aug 26, 2017, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Due to the fact that we cannot guarantee your safety (seing as a lot of personal information is exchanged in such a process like buying items from  a player), we will no longer allow the sale of items/empbucks for real money. This applies on all the SFT servers.

We invite you to create a chargeback if you have bought any items from players with real money. If you are willing to help us by telling us who you bought the items from, we will let you keep a part of the items.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dpa1991

To clarify this means on any SFT server. If you buy some diamonds from a random player and get scammed, it falls back on us and makes us look bad.

George

Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

what48.2

Quote from: George_Filos on Aug 26, 2017, 08:04 PMWe still can sell items for emp right?

We can still sell ingame items for emp if that's what you were asking about

Nubbun

Bannable? And what about other things that doesn't require that much personal info like steam stuff
(just asking for clarification I don't actually have anything worth selling :P)

\(◎o◎)/

theP

Quote from: magl on Aug 26, 2017, 09:06 PMBannable? And what about other things that doesn't require that much personal info like steam stuff
I'd assume that's banned too seeing as:
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Aug 26, 2017, 06:02 PMIf you buy some diamonds from a random player and get scammed, it falls back on us and makes us look bad.

Nubbun

Quote from: theP on Aug 26, 2017, 09:23 PM
Quote from: magl on Aug 26, 2017, 09:06 PMBannable? And what about other things that doesn't require that much personal info like steam stuff
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Aug 26, 2017, 06:02 PMIf you buy some diamonds from a random player and get scammed, it falls back on us and makes us look bad.

And so, the blackmarket started with "hey anyone play *game name* ? Add me on steam while I casually gift you free emp for no reason at all"

\(◎o◎)/

Lucy_23x

Quote from: magl on Aug 26, 2017, 09:55 PM

And so, the blackmarket started with "hey anyone play *game name* ? Add me on steam while I casually gift you free emp for no reason at all"
Pretty sure this hasn't really been happening that much to start a black market lol

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Nubbun

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Aug 26, 2017, 10:18 PM

Pretty sure this hasn't really been happening that much to start a black market lol
That's what they want you to think >:D

\(◎o◎)/

MrChanango

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Aug 26, 2017, 10:18 PM

We have proof that a player (that shall remain nameless) did start and profit from something similar to a black market.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Dpa1991

Yes it is bannable, what you do on steam however is entirely up to you - I would just avoid doing it on anything SFT (Forums/in-game etc) until @Towelie clarifies on this too.

When you use paypal to pay someone a lot of personal information is exchanged and we can't be held responsible for someone getting scammed or maybe even something worse.

Towelie

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Aug 27, 2017, 03:25 AM

Yes it is bannable, what you do on steam however is entirely up to you - I would just avoid doing it on anything SFT (Forums/in-game etc) until @Towelie clarifies on this too.

When you use paypal to pay someone a lot of personal information is exchanged and we can't be held responsible for someone getting scammed or maybe even something worse.
Uhm, as long as paypal/credit cards aren't involved then I guess it's kind of a grey area, meaning we don't support it, we don't encourage it but we won't ban you for doing it.

Please note that this position may change at a later date.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

TheRabster1428/Crnge

Most people never should anyway, don't do it at all ANYWHERE my memeslaves.
Pocket Ex-Moderator
Survival Member
1.7.10 Technologist/Memelord
B-Team Astronomer/Memelord

JinxOnTheLoose

Anyone wanna buy my wooden axe for £10? Good deal if you ask me.

NoBoDyWoLf

Quote from: Jinxie on Aug 27, 2017, 08:48 AMAnyone wanna buy my wooden axe for £10? Good deal if you ask me.
I WANT IT

BioPh33r

1.Uh, when did this start accuring, and when did you guys take notice?

2.(joke question) Since when did SFT become a breeding ground for CSGO auctioning? O.o

ironlord82

Okay so... Lets say someones selling some items for a game on steam. He gives you the stuff, you give him the game. All goes well. Is that allowed?
ЯSБΓ MIИSΓΞЯ ФF DΞFΞИSΞ

O O F ' D

Towelie

Quote from: ironlord82 on Aug 28, 2017, 12:18 AMOkay so... Lets say someones selling some items for a game on steam. He gives you the stuff, you give him the game. All goes well. Is that allowed?
Uhm, as long as paypal/credit cards aren't involved then I guess it's kind of a grey area, meaning we don't support it, we don't encourage it but we won't ban you for doing it.
Please note that this position may change at a later date.

Zesty

I understand it falls back on you, but like if two people agree on it why stop it? It's not harming anyone and if any shady things happen confront those players apposed to stopping everyone.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

misspiggy95

Quote from: Zesty on Aug 28, 2017, 08:05 AMI understand it falls back on you, but like if two people agree on it why stop it? It's not harming anyone and if any shady things happen confront those players apposed to stopping everyone.

Because if someone scams another player, they will still both "agree" to the trade, then it can go wrong and will fall back on tow. You cant predict that someone is going to scam you
Also he mentioned that it exchanges personal information because of the use of paypal.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Dpa1991

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Aug 28, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote from: Zesty on Aug 28, 2017, 08:05 AMI understand it falls back on you, but like if two people agree on it why stop it? It's not harming anyone and if any shady things happen confront those players apposed to stopping everyone.

Because if someone scams another player, they will still both "agree" to the trade, then it can go wrong and will fall back on tow. You cant predict that someone is going to scam you
Also he mentioned that it exchanges personal information because of the use of paypal.

Correct, people don't agree to be scammed - it just happens unfortunately.

The personal information being exchanged is also concerning, in some cases it gives out full names, addresses and phone numbers.

BoostedMk4

We all know the real reasoning for this is because players have been making money from SFT but SFT Donations are not to be seen and the piggy bank is starting to get empty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Towelie

Quote from: BoostedMk4 on Aug 29, 2017, 02:02 AMWe all know the real reasoning for this is because players have been making money from SFT but SFT Donations are not to be seen and the piggy bank is starting to get empty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Your point being?
Yes, that is a very solid reason, but additionally it's also not wanting to be legally liable for something we haven't done.

theP

Quote from: BoostedMk4 on Aug 29, 2017, 02:02 AMWe all know the real reasoning for this is because players have been making money from SFT but SFT Donations are not to be seen and the piggy bank is starting to get empty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeah tow remove the rule again and start your own black market >:3