MusicBot Updated

Started by Towelie, Sep 03, 2017, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The following changes have been made:

New commands:
!addnp - Adds the currently playing song to our auto-playlist
!repeat - repeats the current song
!promote (song number) - puts a song from the queue to the top of the list, to be played next instantly!

addnp can be used by any staff member on discord (discord staff only, not in-game staff)  AND by donators! Do not abuse this privilege donators. Please do not be adding any remix or "meme" like songs. I ask that there only be normal songs made by legit bands, or EDM of sorts (ex. Linkin Park or Nightblue Music).  Multi-language does not bother me. If you are curious if it would be considered okay to add, ask Mrs or myself.
Note: auto-playlist is a list of songs that automatically play when there are no songs queued

repeat is only used by DJ or Admin, useful for events, giving some intro/waiting music. (you will see this being used soon)

promote is only usable by DJ, Manager, or Admin. Useful for large queues and events. If a DJ has a large queue and you want to play a song do not hesitate to ask! :)

Changes:
- You no longer get @mentioned every time your song plays, good for DJs or for large lists where a person may leave before their song plays
- Response text has been reduced (still could be reduced more, will push with next update)
- Music bot now works for in-game usage on Creative and PocketEdition!
- Added more log abilities (staff only)
- Removed tntwars from the servermsg, as it's not a properly linked server

Bug fixes:
- Music bot now shows which song is playing in its status
- Servermsg now shows in pixelmon as well as pixclassic
- Channels no longer conflict with each other as they were before (channel ids, back end stuff)
- Logs are still not reading out with correct formats, And frosty doesn't know how to speak so his logs aren't written right
- Users no longer get random @mentions when the bot is restarted, avoiding any un-needed beeping

Post originally created by @FrostyRaiden , recreated by me.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796