Mar 28, 2024, 02:48 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Florida Events

Started by Towelie, Sep 09, 2017, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Sep 09, 2017, 10:15 AM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017, 03:05 PM by Towelie
Posted on behalf of @PurpleShlong

For those who are in Florida or have family in Florida may god help you. I along with 24 (former and active duty) search and rescue divers will be headed to Florida to help with what we do best. If you are or know someone who is immobilized or severely injured please reach out to me on discord and I will give you my sat phone number. We are leaving Texas at 6 am est 9-9-17 and will be entering through the I10 then the I75 south until we reach Naples. (If you are on the way we can stop to help.) We will be in Naples coastal area for 2 days then we will play by ear for the next day or so deciding to leave to Miami or to stay. We have the means to be spread in both areas. If anyone needs help again don't be afraid to reach out. We will have gasoline and water.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Can I just say, thank you for your service! Brave people like you are what make me have some faith in humanity still.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

MrChanango

Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Kiannaa

IiRr22Bb

Thanks for for the post written for him  tow!  ::)

Stay safe purple :)

Jyncs

Thanks for the help!

There are always some stubborn people who will need to evacuate who will not!

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Sep 09, 2017, 01:18 PMThanks for the help!

Like Dpa but he's not stubborn, he just didn't have enough gas and all gas station were closed (and even if they weren't closed, getting the money would've been tough for him)

Nubbun

this is what the frontpage shows ("I along with [. . .]), maybe add the "posted on behalf of @ " as one of the first lines so people don't misunderstand and msg towelie.

other than that, props for helping out over there!

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Quote from: magl on Sep 09, 2017, 02:34 PM
this is what the frontpage shows ("I along with [. . .]), maybe add the "posted on behalf of @ " as one of the first lines so people don't misunderstand and msg towelie.

other than that, props for helping out over there!
done

Dpa1991

There's no gas along with my cars broke down. Just woke up but evacuations aren't mandatory as far as I can tell

My grandpa lives in a house that already has a failing foundation built in the 1900s.. Surrounded by big oaks that have been falling down in weak storms and also lives a stone throw away from the hilsborough River. He has not even prepared for the storm and won't even talk about it

omelott

In the last 24 hours, Irma's path projected path has slightly changed. It's now projected to skim Florida's western coast and directly hit Tampa.

IiRr22Bb

I know I already have a post here, but purple, your an absolute g for doing this. Thanks every so much :)

xQuicScopex

this is why i still have faith in society

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 09, 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Jyncs on Sep 09, 2017, 01:18 PMThanks for the help!

Like Dpa but he's not stubborn, he just didn't have enough gas and all gas station were closed (and even if they weren't closed, getting the money would've been tough for him)

Yeah definitely not talking about him.

Smileyface2288

Thank you for your service and Good Luck ;)

iLaxrv10

Thank you for your service, @PurpleShlong . Best of luck to you and the others.
Stay safe Florida!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Dantdm_jr123

Sep 10, 2017, 01:19 PM #16 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2017, 07:35 PM by Dantdm_jr123
Good luck purple and stay strong Florida.

<3

Dpa1991

Sustained minor damages, other than that I'm fine and my grandpa is too. When things cool down I will look into donating blood to help those who need.

TRITIUMNITR0X

Sep 11, 2017, 07:49 PM #18 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2017, 07:53 PM by TRITIUMNITR0X
Thanks, @PurpleShlong.

My uncle is in Naples and a friend of mine lives right next to Tampa. We expected my uncle to come back to nothing, and my friend was supposed to likely be in the same situation. The storm surge was supposed to put them 9 feet under water. The swells were supposed to max out at the eaves of their houses.

@Dpa1991, are you east or west coast?
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

Dpa1991

Sep 11, 2017, 08:07 PM #19 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2017, 08:12 PM by Dpa1991
@TRITIUMNITR0X I'm near Busch gardens. West Florida, maybe east tampa

The damage to my area seems to be due to fallen trees and uprooted trees

http://i.imgur.com/gq2ZigQ.jpg one of the uprooted trees outside my place

PurpleShlong

Very long last couple of days. We are still in Naples looks like we may be headed to the keys or a staying in naples area. We have transitioned from rescue swimmers to landscapers. Cutting trees is no easy task. Relieved it was not as bad as expected.

Jyncs

We were without power for 24 hours. We are lucky it is back on. The people right behind us do not have power and someone I know down the street about 5 blocks does not have power.

There are plenty more people without power.

Last night without power was awful. With no breeze to push the air from outside throughout the house it got muggy and hot real quick. You can do nothing but strip down and try to stay as cool as possible to sleep. I think I fell asleep out of exhaustion and woke up in a pool of sweat.

All of our food in the fridge we had to throw out which was a lot. A lot of stuff in the freezer is ok but still had to throw some out.

Fences and trees are knocked over all over the place.

We have a 23 hour curphew but it was lifted at 11am yesterday. Restaurants started opening at 3pm yesterday and were quickly overran with customers because of no power to cook. Some had to wait at least 2-3 hours for food. McDonalds driver thru was at least 3-4 blocks long on a major street. Chic-Fil-A had 3 drive thru lines running and still had a line of cars wrapped around a block. Arby's the same.

Today is a little better for restaurants but still a lot of people without power. We went to the grocery store to see if we could get some stuff to cook at home and the shelves were starting to get empty.

We prepared but were still not prepared enough. I know what else I need for the next one and plan to be even more prepared but I still don't think it will be enough.

Dpa1991

Same @Jyncs we are told we will not get power back online until the 18th at the earliest, the heat is unbelievable. Our thermostat said 102f during the day, I think it's high 80s or low 90s now

My neighbors were nice enough to give us half a bag of charcoal and a grill. We can not find charcoal anywhere and we're going to start tossing out our food, probably $500+ worth  will be spoiled by tomorrow

We have no ability to buy more food, barely making it to be honest

PurpleShlong

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 13, 2017, 03:11 AMSame @Jyncs we are told we will not get power back online until the 18th at the earliest, the heat is unbelievable. Our thermostat said 102f during the day, I think it's high 80s or low 90s now

My neighbors were nice enough to give us half a bag of charcoal and a grill. We can not find charcoal anywhere and we're going to start tossing out our food, probably $500+ worth  will be spoiled by tomorrow

Cook what will be going bad if possible. It'll give it a few more days. If it's red meat, I'd suggest drying it if you can. Salt will be your best friend. We won't be up north for a little. We have distributed a lot of MRE's and have some left. Just make sure you have access to water. protein drinks are also good. We've been giving families "serious mass" is about 1250 calories a serving. Spam is also fulfilling in hard times. It doesn't need to be cooked.

Dpa1991

Quote from: PurpleShlong on Sep 13, 2017, 05:16 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 13, 2017, 03:11 AMSame @Jyncs we are told we will not get power back online until the 18th at the earliest, the heat is unbelievable. Our thermostat said 102f during the day, I think it's high 80s or low 90s now

Cook what will be going bad if possible. It'll give it a few more days. If it's red meat, I'd suggest drying it if you can. Salt will be your best friend. We won't be up north for a little. We have distributed a lot of MRE's and have some left. Just make sure you have access to water. protein drinks are also good. We've been giving families "serious mass" is about 1250 calories a serving. Spam is also fulfilling in hard times. It doesn't need to be cooked.

We just got power back on a hour ago. All of our meat is pork, chicken and fish,  most of it was warm to  the touch but still a little cold.  Will post more just enjoying the ac for a bit before waking up