Mar 28, 2024, 09:26 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] Regarding the economy

Started by Towelie, Sep 13, 2017, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'm posting this as a way to get your opinion about a serious matter.
Few days ago I have become aware of a player (we'll call him Player X) who abused a glitch/exploit in order to obtain large quantiteis of items (thousands of beacons, tens of stacks of diamond blocks, etc).
Player X didn't just stop at spawning the items for themselves, they've also just given it to their friends and proceeded to place vast quantities of diamond /gold blocks all over the world, in unprotected areas.
Player X was banned (with no chance of ever being un-banned) and some of his friends had their emp balance confiscated (set to 0) along with other suspected items. The reason we confiscated for some but not all, is that some of these players shared a protection with Player X which hosted chests full of shulker boxes full of diamonds/beacons/etc.

This post is not about punishing Player X or his friends, but about the following things:

- If you find blocks of gold/diamond/beacons etc in the open world (unprotected), please report to a Manager+ ASAP. If you take them, you will be liable for punishment (ban, confiscation of all belongings, etc)
- If you already took them or if Player X spawned items for you, report that within 24h to a Manager+ and return ALL the spawned items, or you may be further punished.
- If you find a glitch/exploit, please report it to a Manager+ and DO NOT ABUSE IT.

Furthermore, Player X was a known glitch/exploit abuser, having been punished before, but being un-banned due to his friends forming a "gang" (it had the word gang in the name) demanding for this player to be unbanned. Lesson learn. Everyone caught abusing glitches/exploits which result in items being shared with other people will result in a ban with no change of unban ever.
It's time for us to filter negative elements like Player X from this community, only then will we be "healthy" as a community.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MrChanango

Please note: if you report these shulker boxes, as well as what tow said, or anything scetchy I might give you a little prize for being honest out of my own items (not spawned in) :D
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Towelie

PS: Oh and World2 reset plans are taking shape. I found a new world, @saywhat2365 is helping me move the spawn, we just have to protect all the villages/temples and we'll be ready.
Remember, you'll still have 3 months to get your stuff moved from the date of the reset, as we will keep the current World2 as oldw2 for three more months after the actual reset (just with no mobs/animals and disabled functionality for plugins like Slimefun and so on in the new World)

On that note, we did not decide when/how we will be moving player builds so please have patience. Thank you.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

HD

I was hoping this post was about choosing to reset the economy...

But will this exploit be patched soon? Or was it already patched? Also, HOW can we tell if it was spawned or not?

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Sep 13, 2017, 01:25 PMI was hoping this post was about choosing to reset the economy...

But will this exploit be patched soon? Or was it already patched? Also, HOW can we tell if it was spawned or not?
It was patched yes. I can't reveal that at this time due to security reasons (i don't want anyone knowing how our system works)
They were not spawned though, most likely duped. Also 1.12.2 is coming out soon to fix more exploits.
As much as I'd like to reset the economy, I'd have half the server raging.

misspiggy95

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 13, 2017, 01:24 PMPS: Oh and World2 reset plans are taking shape. I found a new world, @saywhat2365 is helping me move the spawn, we just have to protect all the villages/temples and we'll be ready.
Remember, you'll still have 3 months to get your stuff moved from the date of the reset, as we will keep the current World2 as oldw2 for three more months after the actual reset (just with no mobs/animals and disabled functionality for plugins like Slimefun and so on in the new World)

On that note, we did not decide when/how we will be moving player builds so please have patience. Thank you.
Might want to put that on another post since that is a huge announcement that everyone has been looking to hear.

Also like to note that the whole "gang" name you are referring to was always a public joke. Obviously if there was REALLY a gang it would have been kept hidden. :)

Melons are love. Melons are life

Towelie

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Sep 13, 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 13, 2017, 01:24 PMPS: Oh and World2 reset plans are taking shape. I found a new world, @saywhat2365 is helping me move the spawn, we just have to protect all the villages/temples and we'll be ready.

Might want to put that on another post since that is a huge announcement that everyone has been looking to hear.

Also like to note that the whole "gang" name you are referring to was always a public joke. Obviously if there was REALLY a gang it would have been kept hidden. :)
Will do when we are more near the completion. There's still a lot to do before the reset.

misspiggy95

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 13, 2017, 03:09 PM
Quote from: misspiggy95 on Sep 13, 2017, 02:56 PM

Will do when we are more near the completion. There's still a lot to do before the reset.
Okay well, I know a lot of people keep asking if there's any update on it, so it could just be as a heads up. I know that with moving my build, I have to prep it by taking down item frames and what not since world edit doesn't move them

Melons are love. Melons are life

Lucy_23x

Fun stuff. Never ending problems isnt it.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Cireshie

I don't get it. How does this affect the economy if these valuables never leave the "gang" that you speak of?

And don't tell me that player X could've shared these valuables with other players. Anyone who would share with other players would ultimately lead to staff because everything leads to staff even if it's a joke because no one can take a joke nowadays.

P.s. I'm glad you never found out I could make my own glitched pink and black blocks back when I was able to so I didn't have to deal with this shit. ;) ;)

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Cireshie on Sep 13, 2017, 04:18 PMI don't get it. How does this affect the economy if these valuables never leave the "gang" that you speak of?
If they sell them/they are expensive to get and they got loads for free
Otherwise idk xD

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 13, 2017, 01:05 PMand proceeded to place vast quantities of diamond /gold blocks all over the world, in unprotected areas.

@Cireshie  -> This is why.

Dday694

Quote from: Halla on Sep 13, 2017, 01:25 PMI was hoping this post was about choosing to reset the economy...

I do hope excluding this there is a real discussion on the economy for survival eventually and what can be done.

BoostedMk4

Sounds like something Axon would do

ironlord82

So, someone duped abunch of blocks and placed them all over the world. I'm abit impressed they managed to do that, but nu duping pls
ЯSБΓ MIИSΓΞЯ ФF DΞFΞИSΞ

O O F ' D

one227

Lol, this happens too much and I bet there are people who are still duping and getting away with it.

George

Tow i think i know a glitch i will try it and tell you
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!