Mar 28, 2024, 12:06 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Super Mario 64 Online!

Started by Loasty, Sep 13, 2017, 07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loasty

Sep 13, 2017, 07:27 AM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017, 07:53 AM by FrostyRaiden
We invite you to play together with us on Super Mario 64... BUT ONLINE!  Its a bit of a process but in the end, you can play Super Mario 64 with up to 24 players! You also can select from a list of characters you wish to play! So here's how to get started :)

First, you will need an emulator, It is recommended to use Project 64 for this (you can also use Nemu64 or Mupen64, although it is not recommended) [Another note, This as far as I am aware, will not work on Macs unless running wine]

Then you need to download the tool used for this. It is found easily using this link

We ask that you only play this if you own a copy of Super Mario 64. You are only allowed to use this ROM as long as you own a legitimate copy of the game.

Once you have these 3 things downloaded and extracted, here is how to get setup:

1. Open up your Project 64 emulator
2. Run your Super Mario 64 ROM on the emulator
3. Go to Options, Settings, Config:Super Mario 64, and set your Memory size to 8Mb

4. Open up the SM64O.exe
5. Ensure your entered information is as follows:

IP: srvdev.sftmc.org
Port: 8000
Emulator: Select which emulator you are using
Select your player:  Well that's simple, Select who you wish to play as! (note if playing with friends, there can be multiple of the same character, and there are no name tags)
Click 'Connect to Server'

6. Now switch over to your Emulator, and load up any save file you desire!  If you are creating a new one, You will automatically be able to see those around you once the cutscene ends!
7. Have fun! :D

Notes:
Everyone has their own individual progress, So if one person fights a boss it doesn't mean everyone fights it together.
You can do many things like play hide and seek, have fighting rings, have races (like up the mountains or down the penguin slide)  It's all your choice on what you do! :)

You may use our discord and our specific chat channel to join us! :D https://discord.gg/dtjS4dt
Also please note I am NOT the creator of this tool, I simply just think it's a neat idea and can bring some interest into the game again :)  The tool was created by Kaze and MelonSpeedruns of SM64O
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

DuanetheDino

Ahhh this is awesome. Thanks @FrostyRaiden for the great idea!

Zesty

Online? The future is now old man
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

@Dpa1991 - I don't care how but we're playing this when your power gets back up. I've never played Super Mario 64 BTW (But I did play Sunshine)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

NOTE:
- There is no chat
- There is no nametag
- This is in no way a finished server, it's just something meant for you guys to have fun. I realize we won't be able to add donator items and that's not the goal, this is just a fun little thing that will last for as much as people want it
- Be sure to go on our specific Discord channel when playing Super Mario 64, so you can communicate with others / know who they are. https://discord.gg/dtjS4dt

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Loasty

Toad may or may not be sleeping, it is unknown
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 13, 2017, 07:31 AM@Dpa1991 - I don't care how but we're playing this when your power gets back up. I've never played Super Mario 64 BTW (But I did play Sunshine)
you've been missing out!

cool idea thx loasty x3

\(◎o◎)/

NexasCain17

I need this! Lemme go see if I can dig up some stuff

misspiggy95

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Sep 13, 2017, 07:27 AMThis as far as I am aware, will not work on Macs unless running wine]
welp, my dreams of playing super mario 64 again are crushed

Melons are love. Melons are life

Chocobo123456

For the first time ever you guys will get to hear my finally!

So you get to hear the voice behind the bird i guess?

idk waluigi time

reiner_13

Sounds fun! One of my favorite games of all time!
The Best Survival Elite
Former Survival Mod
Survival Lemon
Future Survival Dictator

xJade

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Sep 13, 2017, 04:28 PM
Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Sep 13, 2017, 07:27 AMThis as far as I am aware, will not work on Macs unless running wine]
:( same here, i guess i need to get drunk enough on wine in order to play it. :c

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Nubbun

Quote from: xJimJam on Sep 16, 2017, 04:59 PM
Quote from: misspiggy95 on Sep 13, 2017, 04:28 PM
:( same here, i guess i need to get drunk enough on wine in order to play it. :c
I laughed longer than it took me to get the joke and that was sad x'D

\(◎o◎)/