Mar 28, 2024, 11:58 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Pixelmon] Why arent you playing?

Started by Dpa1991, Sep 21, 2017, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

I'm interested in hearing where everyone is. Is there something wrong with the server? What can I do to bring you back to play?

Now that the hurricane has passed and I'm relatively free I can resume working on pix again.

Random image

theP

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 11:51 AMWhat can I do to bring you back to play?
help me find my pc.... cause I think it grew legs and ran away :3

DylbertDangle

I'd focus on finishing permissions for ranks, finish TA and other infrastructure vital to the servers success such as a shop or emp.  Once you have completed this I would look into moving to the next version of pixelmon.

GotAnError

:slimeball: Loads of new games I have wanted to play have come out, so I am focusing on those.

:slimeball: I have been playing Minecraft for about 6 to 7 years now. I definitely need a break.

:slimeball: I am focusing on jobs, internships and university work.

Basically, it's mostly external factors for me. It has nothing to do with you, Pixelmon or SFT as a whole. I am guessing loads of people feel the same way.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Tyler7733

Lost = Life, Pix has too many griefers(sugarcane farm griefed many times and noobs breaking all the cherries on my cherry trees), and the Latias that spawned at y=90(which I traveled around 500 blocks and used up all my food in an attempt of trying to catch it) crushed my confidence in catching legendaries.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

DylbertDangle

I also had an interesting idea pitched to me by a player where you could have a servers gyms rented out by players to a certain extent or some kind of title holder.  It was a fun idea since most are casually playing and not really bothering battling other players.  With my previous remarks in mind (TA) this could create a dynamic where players are able to train their pokemon effectively and hopefully create a draw for people who enjoy battling competitively.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 21, 2017, 12:30 PMPix has too many griefers

If you protected your builds (properly), you wouldnt be getting griefed. That's on you, not the server.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Prince O Whales on Sep 21, 2017, 12:25 PMI'd focus on finishing permissions for ranks, finish TA and other infrastructure vital to the servers success such as a shop or emp.  Once you have completed this I would look into moving to the next version of pixelmon.

AFAIK TA is about done, just need me to get online to do the spawners. Permissions are a bit confusing, theres not many to give players. I have fixed the GTS I just need to move my changes from the Dev server to the live server. As for the Shop/EMP I need to find a plugin that works for us - I've found solutions, but I'm not happy with them.

Also the update to the next version of pix is pretty much already done I just need to press a few buttons

theP

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 01:03 PM

If you protected your builds (properly), you wouldnt be getting griefed. That's on you, not the server.

Well and that's staff not having ANY chance to find out about it, stopping us from stopping griefing... but that's perms again so that will get sorted sometime in the future?

Dpa1991

Quote from: theP on Sep 21, 2017, 01:08 PM

Well and that's staff not having ANY chance to find out about it, stopping us from stopping griefing... but that's perms again so that will get sorted sometime in the future?

Find out about what? if you protect your builds, you wont be griefed - it's as simple as that.

theP

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 01:11 PM

Find out about what? if you protect your builds, you wont be griefed - it's as simple as that.
of course, but with limited claim blocks you can't claim your 8 billion blocks big sugar cane farm ;3 (well you should, but it's not a priority and it would be nice if people still didn't take all of it/leave it so it regrows... I guess?)

Dpa1991

Quote from: theP on Sep 21, 2017, 01:20 PM

of course, but with limited claim blocks you can't claim your 8 billion blocks big sugar cane farm ;3 (well you should, but it's not a priority and it would be nice if people still didn't take all of it/leave it so it regrows... I guess?)

Maybe you shouldnt have an 8billion block sized farm - That's far more than you need. (Yes I know you're exaggerating the size, or at least I hope you are)

Tyler7733

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote from: theP on Sep 21, 2017, 01:20 PM

Maybe you shouldnt have an 8billion block sized farm - That's far more than you need. (Yes I know you're exaggerating the size, or at least I hope you are)
Just a bit of exaggeration... my intention was for anyone who needed sugarcane could use it, but people have been breaking the bottom stalk... Currently my sugarcane farm spans roughly 3k blocks maybe

pwnswords

don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Lucy_23x

I'm currently busy with irl, and I have currently lost interest to play any type of computer game - but I'm sure that will go in a matter of time, it has before

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

SnipeMasterShark

My biggest thoughts:

Better TA which you are working on/almost done.  

Shop for minecraft items, this is a lot of work and I understand the plugin dilemma, but nevertheless this is an issue for people who do 80% minecraft and like 20% pokemon.

TM's -  Really really hard to get atm. Might fit into shop thing or maybe spawn in a million of the special tm shopkeepers at spawn, or something.

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 21, 2017, 12:30 PMLost = Life, Pix has too many griefers(sugarcane farm griefed many times and noobs breaking all the cherries on my cherry trees), and the Latias that spawned at y=90(which I traveled around 500 blocks and used up all my food in an attempt of trying to catch it) crushed my confidence in catching legendaries.
The catching legendaries thing, it can be hard but it is possible. Honestly though isn't that a little bit of the fun? I've seen legends caught with ultraballs, and as far as looking for them, get a salamence with fly. Will protect you from fly damage, minimize food consumption, and its pretty fast travel.

In all honesty, my two biggest reasons for not playing and picking another game are 1.) I do not like playing alone. However Discord helps with this a lot, and I have had a lot of fun playing (only person online) and screwing with people on discord.   2.) Training just isn't fun without ta. It is an honest grind and there isn't really a huge goal to fuel it

That being said i still manage 4 or so hours a week. I honestly don't know why all of the world's pokemon nerd masses arn't flocking to SFT. I do like it here.

Tyler7733

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Sep 21, 2017, 03:29 PMThe catching legendaries thing, it can be hard but it is possible. Honestly though isn't that a little bit of the fun? I've seen legends caught with ultraballs, and as far as looking for them, get a salamence with fly. Will protect you from fly damage, minimize food consumption, and its pretty fast travel.
The problem I see with this: if this is the only practical way to get fly, then a nearly unbreakable meta has just been made... You have to keep in mind though... I found this Latias before I even managed to evolve my starter for the second time, so I didn't have a Salamence, I didn't have a fly HM, and my only plan was entirely to use quick balls.

SnipeMasterShark

As far as unbreakable meta, a fly hm is currently owned by dyl, most hm owners will let others use them for a fee. Salamence is just easiest for noobs since it learns fly naturally. And using sala for fly and using sala for battles are two different things.

Also, why did not being able to catch a LEGEND being practically a fresh spawn pokemon-wise discourage you? That is like end game stuff and while it is part of the goal it is a rather small part of the game to focus on.

And later on you will get masterballs anyway from bosses if you train. (It is rare but I got one and several others have, that is how I ended up being able to catch my legend)

Dpa1991

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Sep 21, 2017, 04:45 PMAlso, why did not being able to catch a LEGEND being practically a fresh spawn pokemon-wise discourage you? That is like end game stuff and while it is part of the goal it is a rather small part of the game to focus on.

Well... He did say "lost is life" and if I'm not mistaken, you can reach end-game in lost in probably 30 minutes.  8)

DylbertDangle

Yeah legends shouldn't really be a given to catch, most legends on classic died, or were never found. Why should it be any different here.  As snipe said you can fight bosses for masterballs or just use ultra balls and have a good team prepared in order to do so.  This pack isn't about getting every poke in a week.

Nubbun

Not a lot online when I wanna join so I just don't (which isn't the smartest idea of everyone else thinks the same way lol) :P

Also ehmmmm EVENTS GODDENGIT X'D

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl on Sep 21, 2017, 07:02 PMNot a lot online when I wanna join so I just don't (which isn't the smartest idea of everyone else thinks the same way lol) :P

You try hosting events when you have no power for 1 week and huricane prep/cleanup for another week lol

Tyler7733

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 05:42 PM
Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Sep 21, 2017, 04:45 PMAlso, why did not being able to catch a LEGEND being practically a fresh spawn pokemon-wise discourage you? That is like end game stuff and while it is part of the goal it is a rather small part of the game to focus on.

Well... He did say "lost is life" and if I'm not mistaken, you can reach end-game in lost in probably 30 minutes.  8)
Well... then I take it you are 1/30th of the way to end game with that 1 minute of uptime you got in the last 8 months... What is something you can reach end game in quickly however... all of the normal pokemon games... (trade scraggy for dialga in global terminal, or in pix, catch a level 34 floatzel with your first pokeball...) and after catching several legendaries in normal pokeballs... catching a legendary does seem like one of those basic things...

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 21, 2017, 09:48 PM

Well... then I take it you are 1/30th of the way to end game with that 1 minute of uptime you got in the last 8 months... What is something you can reach end game in quickly however... all of the normal pokemon games... (trade scraggy for dialga in global terminal, or in pix, catch a level 34 floatzel with your first pokeball...) and after catching several legendaries in normal pokeballs... catching a legendary does seem like one of those basic things...
Personally, I don't understand Lost or Pixelmon... but I did think this post was meant to be more useful than this xd

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Nubbun

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 21, 2017, 09:28 PM
Quote from: magl on Sep 21, 2017, 07:02 PMNot a lot online when I wanna join so I just don't (which isn't the smartest idea of everyone else thinks the same way lol) :P

You try hosting events when you have no power for 1 week and huricane prep/cleanup for another week lol
I wasn't blaming you just answering why I personally wasn't playing right now

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Sep 22, 2017, 06:11 AM
Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 21, 2017, 09:48 PM

Personally, I don't understand Lost or Pixelmon... but I did think this post was meant to be more useful than this xd

Yeah it was. So far I got that people can't protect a biome sized farm and think the server is full of griefers because they lost a few sugar cane and can't catch legends as a relatively new player.

Few actual good feedbacks though so it wasn't all a waste.

CallOfTheElements

I would honestly love to see some fancy gyms, and an actual progression system. Nothing gets players interested more then a goal to achieve. We need set badge and gym progression, possibly even a lite 4?

Dpa1991

Quote from: LavishGaming on Sep 22, 2017, 05:52 PMI would honestly love to see some fancy gyms, and an actual progression system. Nothing gets players interested more then a goal to achieve. We need set badge and gym progression, possibly even a lite 4?

I have a plugin that I think players will enjoy, I just have to figure out how to use it.

CallOfTheElements

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Sep 22, 2017, 05:55 PM
Quote from: LavishGaming on Sep 22, 2017, 05:52 PMI would honestly love to see some fancy gyms, and an actual progression system. Nothing gets players interested more then a goal to achieve. We need set badge and gym progression, possibly even a lite 4?

I have a plugin that I think players will enjoy, I just have to figure out how to use it.

Build team I am sure can make some friggin incredible official gyms, like incredible stuff.

onionboys

no way to manage warps, no sftmmo/mcmmo, lack of social interaction, no biome o plenty

Dpa1991

Quote from: onionboys on Sep 22, 2017, 11:31 PMno way to manage warps, no sftmmo/mcmmo, lack of social interaction, no biome o plenty

There is no decent warp or home plug-ins, the adventuremmo mod we had originally is not maintained and has a pretty severe bug since day 1.

Social interaction... This topic is looking for solutions to that in a way, as for biomesoplenty, I originally intended to use the main world as a bop world but when pix got "shut down" spawn of psyduck didn't work with 5.1.2 and everyone voted on scrapping side-mods in favor of running a later version of pix.

MordecaiKog

I took a break because my PC was broken otherwise I'd would.