Apr 20, 2024, 08:44 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Dondougo's 1000 Hour Building Competition!

Started by Dondougo, Oct 05, 2017, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dondougo

Oct 05, 2017, 03:46 AM Last Edit: Oct 09, 2017, 03:21 AM by dondougo1
Howdy, y'all! If you didn't know, I recently hit 1000 hours! (at least officially) To celebrate, Warlock_Ben and I will be hosting a building competition! Because I'm so busy building all the time, I don't get to see y'all's builds, so here's a place to show off what you can do! Plus, who knows, if you build really well, there might just be room on the architect team for ya ;)

Alrighty, here's the details.

I'm sure you all want to hear about the prize. While I could say it's the friendships you make along the way, I'm  sure some good ol' empbucks will be a better motivation. Of course, the prize will be split among the team however the team wants to go about it.

:diamondblock: First Place: :diamondblock:
1 Million Emp!
(Bonus: One playerhead of Warlock_Ben and Dondougo)
(Bonus: A custom item given by Towelie with enchants and 10% extra HP)

:goldblock: Second Place: :goldblock:
500k Emp!

:ironblock: Third Place: :ironblock:
200k Emp!

Some more logistical stuff: It's a standard building competition. Each round some teams will be eliminated until we decide victors (This means there may be multiple rounds). The theme of the first round will be "Fun!" Builds will be judged by Warlock_Ben and Dondougo, in the categories of creativity, quality, execution, and theme relevance. Materials will be provided, and we'll explain that more before the competition.

The competition will be held on Sunday, October 22nd, at 3pm EST in W3's building competition area

Warlock_Ben and I have built as a team for over 6 years now, and in the spirit of that collaboration, teams are allowed, but with only up to two players. Use the form below to register below!

[b]Username(s):[/b]
[b]Team Name:[/b]
[b]Favorite Building Style:[/b]

Best of luck to you all! Warlock and I look forward to seeing y'all's builds!

SaintTheBarman

Oct 05, 2017, 07:55 PM #1 Last Edit: Oct 18, 2017, 12:10 AM by Warhammerneard
Username(s): Warhammerneard
Team Name: The FUNatic!
Favorite Building Style: Medieval

Mazeworker

Username(s): Mazeworker
Team Name: Mandatory Fun
Favorite Building Style: Magic the Gathering

HD

Can you have a timer for a countdown? Makes it way easier and don't mess up the timing for us to make it there.

Also, since it is multiple rounds, meaning multiple builds and hours being spent, how long would the event be? Cause first time hearing multiple rounds of a BC and not only one round

If let's say my partner left in the middle of the event, can I have a substitute for him?

Also about the bonuses for 1st place, what if me and my partner wanted the same bonus (let's say the custom item), how would the division of the prize work?

I ask a lot of questions, because I want to know :3 / Possibly if others had the same questions as I did.

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Oct 07, 2017, 07:19 AMwhat if me and my partner wanted the same bonus
Seing as it's max two partners, I'll give both the same item.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dondougo

Oct 09, 2017, 03:20 AM #5 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2017, 03:24 AM by dondougo1
Quote from: Halla on Oct 07, 2017, 07:19 AMCan you have a timer for a countdown? Makes it way easier and don't mess up the timing for us to make it there.

Also, since it is multiple rounds, meaning multiple builds and hours being spent, how long would the event be? Cause first time hearing multiple rounds of a BC and not only one round

If let's say my partner left in the middle of the event, can I have a substitute for him?

Also about the bonuses for 1st place, what if me and my partner wanted the same bonus (let's say the custom item), how would the division of the prize work?

I ask a lot of questions, because I want to know :3 / Possibly if others had the same questions as I did.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/don-s-building-comp-countdown-clock

Multiple rounds = Multiple builds, each one will be less than an hour, but yet to be determined, because that's a lot of time.

You'll just have to soldier on without them, no subbing in.

Hopefully you don't both want the same player head :P If you do I'll totally build an arena real quick, and you can settle it with swords.

hughesplace

Username(s): WaterMelonie
Team Name: ImLonelyBecauseIhaveNoFriends
Favorite Building Style: idek.
uwu

warlockbenj

The video including me and Don's commentary on the builds: https://youtu.be/0d2lLJ3-ZUY
Warlock_Ben, Assistant to the one and only Dondougo