Mar 28, 2024, 01:38 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

We gotta talk

Started by Towelie, Oct 12, 2017, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Oct 12, 2017, 10:43 AM Last Edit: Oct 12, 2017, 10:52 AM by Towelie
Ok, so it's obvious we are not doing well, both playerbase-wise and donation-wise. I mean we've made $70 so far on Survival, and seing as it's almost the half of the month that's really bad.
However, that's not really what bothers me, but the really shitty and disgusting attitude of some people. I am fed up and will no longer tolerate stuff like "Towelie's begging for money again" or "every other post is about money" or "I am not going to vote".
Listen here, I understand that you are broke / low on money and that I can perfectly understand and respect, but for the disrespectful players who bring nothing good to SFT but only complain and bitch and create drama, have you considered that maybe I am making so many posts about needing money and stuff because I am trying to save this community and that I don't intend to pay for it out of my own pocket forever?
Have you considered that your negative, bullshit attitude brings nothing to the table but more frustration / disgust? If you're not going to donate or vote, at least have the common decency to keep your damn mouth shut rather than making witty remarks meant to make you look "kewl" to your friends about how much I "beg" for money or about how you're not going to vote because you are carrying this important strugle inside you against SFT.... HINT: There are other servers out there.

Now for the people who care:
- This post is just me being angry about some stuff and venting. SFT is not shutting down and I will continue to pay the bills from my own money if impossible otherwise, but at least I want some respect (or not even respect, just don't start shit about it) for that.
- I perfectly understand that not everyone can donate (due to the hardships of life, not having a paypal acc, etc) and I've never blamed / held it against the people for those reasons. If you still want to help though, there are many ways that don't involve spending real money: vote daily and convince your friends to vote daily as well, invite more players/friends/schoolmates (eventually one of them is going to donate), post on social media / etc (but only where allowed)
- If you're thinking of donating but don't want to do that fearing that the server will shut down, do know that all the bills are paid for 3 months in advance by me and I will continue to pay them  out of my own pocket if needed, I just wish I wouldn't have to spend all my "non essential income" on sft and rather on stuff for me / etc.
- There is the possibility that some day I'll lose my job / have problems of my own and won't be able to help SFT any more. That's why I want to see SFT winning enough to sustain itself.
- I've long given up my "dream" of seing SFT become a huge server and will settle just with it surviving / paying for its own bills. I don't want to give it up / let it die because SFT is basically thousands of work put in by me / other people.

This post is not targeted in any way to a specific group of players, but to everyone with an attitude that matches what I have described in the first paragraph. I've done my best to either make amends or ban the people that were creating drama/toxicity on a daily basis and as a result of that, things are a lot more quiet. I just wanted to specify this so you know this post is not targeted at anyone specifically or meant to inflame.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Ryan1478

Towelie, I do not think you are begging for money at all. I will soon start becoming some sort of patron, and I hope others do too.

George

Ok towelie. I will start voting daily once again and i will invite all of my friends with premium acount on mc. I will try giving more and more for sft like "ading ads on my channel.i will get dat paypal full." And give half of the money i get to sft. Other half is for me to live. Hope we get back on track.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Smileyface2288

Thank you Towelie for everything you do, SFT has pulled many people together even though there are hardships. I will always be on your side, and the comments are disgusting. I will try to keep inviting my friends to play ;)

Britney1177

Dab on dem haters.

(Lol kill me)

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

MrChanango

Quote from: Britney1177 on Oct 12, 2017, 12:04 PMDab on dem haters.

(Lol kill me)
Dab on demand taters ;)
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Rose2247

Towelie I don't think you are begging. In fact you are doing what any other server owner would do in this situation. When I finally get a job and a steady income from said job, or if commissions end up working for me, I will donate/become a patron.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

hughesplace

I kinda already invited all my friends to SFT but only one still plays and donates. Am I cool now? Anyways, I will probably become a patron soon, and make sure to vote everyday. Hopefully that will help a smidge. Good luck tow, and I hope more and more people start to help, wether it's voting or donating.
uwu

Allegiant

I wanna tell my opinion.
I kinda think that people just don't have access to their Bank account yet. (Not allowed from their parents,etc.) [inculding me btw ;)].
And can u explain how voting helps getting SFT money? (just asking, don't attack me.)
I just think it's kinda annoying for the people who don't/can't donate. I (personally) think it's annoying because we get notified with @everyone and for me it's kinda getting annoying. That's all I wanted to say. Again, don't attack me please, I'm just giving my opinion and I'll try to vote for SFT.

Towelie

Quote from: JustAlainBE on Oct 12, 2017, 03:09 PMI kinda think that people just don't have access to their Bank account yet. (Not allowed from their parents,etc.) [inculding me btw ;)].
And can u explain how voting helps getting SFT money? (just asking, don't attack me.)
I just think it's kinda annoying for the people who don't/can't donate. I (personally) think it's annoying because we get notified with @everyone and for me it's kinda getting annoying. That's all I wanted to say. Again, don't attack me please, I'm just giving my opinion and I'll try to vote for SFT.
- I specify every time when asking for donations that if you can't donate, it's perfectly less, i won't think any less of you
- Voting helps by bringing new players which in turn may donate (our biggest two problems now: lack of players, lack of money. Voting puts us in higher spots on the voting sites, and if we ever get in the first 3 pages, we have a higher chance of players choosing our server to play on
- I get it's annoying but there isn't a magical discord tag @peoplewhoactuallycan'tdonate so I can not beep people that cannot. So I am sorry about that, but please know I fully understand and will never blame or think less of anyone for not being able to donate. Also, I've worked also half my career on minimum wage so I truly know what it feels like to live from a month to the other

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 12, 2017, 03:25 PM
Quote from: JustAlainBE on Oct 12, 2017, 03:09 PMI kinda think that people just don't have access to their Bank account yet. (Not allowed from their parents,etc.) [inculding me btw ;)].
- I specify every time when asking for donations that if you can't donate, it's perfectly less, i won't think any less of you
- Voting helps by bringing new players which in turn may donate (our biggest two problems now: lack of players, lack of money. Voting puts us in higher spots on the voting sites, and if we ever get in the first 3 pages, we have a higher chance of players choosing our server to play on
- I get it's annoying but there isn't a magical discord tag @peoplewhoactuallycan'tdonate so I can not beep people that cannot. So I am sorry about that, but please know I fully understand and will never blame or think less of anyone for not being able to donate. Also, I've worked also half my career on minimum wage so I truly know what it feels like to live from a month to the other
just a small comment that could help on the notification thingy, is it possible to do @ here instead of @ everyone when it's something that isn't urgent? (not that donations isn't important enough but doubt the people who are sleeping would rush to donate right after the notification)

I think it would make a big difference for all the "towelie plz it's 3am" comments and you could do it in the announcement channel so the notifier wont go away till people wake up and check discord

\(◎o◎)/

Allegiant

Aight thanks

Towelie

Quote from: magl on Oct 12, 2017, 03:56 PM
just a small comment that could help on the notification thingy, is it possible to do @ here instead of @ everyone when it's something that isn't urgent? (not that donations isn't important enough but doubt the people who are sleeping would rush to donate right after the notification)

I think it would make a big difference for all the "towelie plz it's 3am" comments and you could do it in the announcement channel so the notifier wont go away till people wake up and check discord
Sounds good. What's the difference between @everyone and @here ? I never understood that

MrChanango

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 12, 2017, 04:20 PM

Sounds good. What's the difference between @everyone and @here ? I never understood that
I belive it's just everyone that is online (hence everyone "here")
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 12, 2017, 04:20 PM

everyone beep + leave notification mark for everyone that joined the discord regardless of offline/online. here beeps the people that are online and leave notification marks for everyone

\(◎o◎)/

TheBluePill

Best thing you could probably do is stop bleeding your heart out to people who don't really care if you live or die man. In my own experiences I have found that it just becomes a waste of energy and literally accomplishes nothing.  Hate it or love it, can't force anyone to like anything.  Keep up the enthusiasm towards keeping the server alive it needs it.

XZ_SLAUGHTER

I read this as if you were going to break-up with me  :-[

Lunarine

Thank you for all you do, Tow. Really.

Towelie

Quote from: XZ_SLAUGHTER on Oct 12, 2017, 08:47 PMI read this as if you were going to break-up with me  :-[
naw, we just started getting along.

Brightpkz

Oh man... Things do not look good... I wish I had more time to support SFT... But it's senior year and IB is a heck ton. Hopefully I can return one day. All the best man...

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33