Apr 18, 2024, 01:44 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Pixelmon] What do you think we should do?

Started by Dday694, Oct 24, 2017, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dday694

Hey guys! I just wanted to ask a quick question and ask on your thoughts on the situation.

As of right now Pixelmon is still going steady, but I know we can do a lot more to make it better! As of right now Dpa is trying to work on implementing a gym system while waiting for the new update from the Pix devs who hopefully do it sooner then latter (where if we are lucky, will help immensely with performance issues so even crappier PC's might be able to run it!).

But I want to know what your thoughts are on the STAFF level that can make Pix better. For example, do we need to host more events? Host a pokemon tourney (which I would be all down for if I get the right plans for it!)? Etc.

Give this Nub ideas!

Nubbun

\(◎o◎)/

TheTrueMadKing

I rather liked how we had a weekend shiny and legend doubled event. maybe more weekend events like those? that way for those who dont like to battle, or dont have a good team set up, they can participate too.

Chocobo123456

Something Something, catching contests or something

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

garow93

My issue currently with events is that our playerbase isn't large at the moment, so the same 8 people would participate and win in every event. If this actually would encourage more people to play it then I'm all for it, but events are limited right now simply because any type of event would be for a small amount of players. When we put a Master Ball up on mystery gift, 10-15 people logged on for that. Considering a master ball is perhaps the rarest item on pixelmon right now, this is worrisome.

Nubbun

Quote from: garow93 on Oct 24, 2017, 04:27 PMMy issue currently with events is that our playerbase isn't large at the moment, so the same 8 people would participate and win in every event. If this actually would encourage more people to play it then I'm all for it, but events are limited right now simply because any type of event would be for a small amount of players. When we put a Master Ball up on mystery gift, 10-15 people logged on for that. Considering a master ball is perhaps the rarest item on pixelmon right now, this is worrisome.

Could that maybe have been because there wasn't even a big announcement or something, it was posted on discord 30mins before the actual 'event'.
Reason why I suggest front page events as often as possible is cuz they usually give people some days to be sure there aren't plans and then there's bigger chance for people to show up.

\(◎o◎)/

CallOfTheElements

Events, and the build team building moar.

garow93

How does the building team building more encourage anyone to play more, that makes no sense. As for the masterball event thing, there were multiple posts on discord(the most frequented medium on SFT by a wide margin) about how if "this post gets 30 reactions we will do the masterball contest). It took several several hours before enough people gave it a positive reaction, even after dpa implicitly stated that any other reaction would make the count go down. Even after ALL the way implicitly directions saying what would happen when the 30 reactions were hit, nobody ever asked about the masterball and we put one up and it still took forever for all 10 to be claimed. I get that posting it a day before could have produced slightly faster results, but the problem is A): People are having trouble getting their clients to work. B): Nobody is playing anyway even if we offer incentives just to open up the game.