Mar 28, 2024, 08:51 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[URGENT - Pixelmon] Scam alert

Started by Dpa1991, Oct 29, 2017, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

So upon loading up pixelmon you will be greeted with a big colorful bold message that says "THE FUTURE OF THE MOD...." Do not go to the link, DO NOT go to it.

It is a scam, here is an announcement from the Pixelmon Generations team:

Quote from: PokeNinjaTo respond to the allegations of what WiFiSpy and team are saying about any malicious code that was implemented into Pixelmon Dark/Generations:
The person that put this malicious code into the mod is Nick Doran
I will attach the proof of him putting the code in himself.
He is also the person that has hacked our servers, GoDaddy account, and much more.
We entrusted him with private information (access and passwords) and he undoubtedly tried to sabotage the mod and the community.
This former developer of the original Pixelmon Mod is solely responsible for the code and was removed from the team months ago

The good news is that the code was not finished, it can not harm servers, and will be completely removed in the next update.
No articles, text , or pastebins with alleged requests asking players or server owners for money to be on the modpack are true.
Every server owner can testify that we have never charged a penny to be listed on the featured owners list (instead we only asked for their help behind the scenes)
So if you do not see an image of myself or Generations team claiming something, it is no doubt a hoax.

So for your safety, do not go to that link. If you have already, you should be fine but I wouldn't risk it again. They are working on removing it as we speak, so once the update is out we will be pushing an update again.

TheRabster1428/Crnge

Pocket Ex-Moderator
Survival Member
1.7.10 Technologist/Memelord
B-Team Astronomer/Memelord

XZ_SLAUGHTER

Nubbun

I'm gonna click it. I ain't afraid!

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl on Oct 29, 2017, 07:51 PMI'm gonna click it. I ain't afraid!

"I ain't afraid!"
RIP Magl
1903-2017

IiRr22Bb

Nubbun

\(◎o◎)/

Lucy_23x

Do you think this hacker could be my friend

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Dpa1991

There's a fix out now but I'm not home. From what I gathered this was done by an ex original Pixelmon dev

ironlord82

Lucy, share your hacker friend pls.
ЯSБΓ MIИSΓΞЯ ФF DΞFΞИSΞ

O O F ' D

Dpa1991

This has been resolved, but I urge anyone to update to 1.1a ASAP.

HD

I feel like it's a prank from the Poke team cause Halloween xd

But don't worry, not gonna click the link

Rose2247

To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

theP

Quote from: Rose2247 on Oct 30, 2017, 03:54 AMWe should lock this @Dpa1991
but he haven't talked about lucys hacker friends yet D:

Dpa1991

Quote from: Rose2247 on Oct 30, 2017, 03:54 AMWe should lock this @Dpa1991

No, people can still use the compromised version. After a few days I'll lock & move but for now -- this needs to remain open.