Apr 25, 2024, 07:32 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

New Rule: No SJW's

Started by Towelie, Dec 02, 2017, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Dec 02, 2017, 07:36 AM Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 02:08 PM by Towelie

I just wanted to point out that as of now, no Social Justice Warriors will be tolerated on SFT.

"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views,[1] including feminism,[1][2] civil rights,[1] multiculturalism,[1] and identity politics.[3] The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation, also known as virtue signalling.[5]

For the sake of calm and peace and quiet, don't impose your views on everyone and accept that there can be different views on a subject. Anyone caught pushing SJW agenda will be punished first of all by a warning and getting up to a ban.
We are here to have fun and play on a gaming server.

On that matter, anyone caught spewing racist remarks or discriminatorial remarks will also be punished, far more harshly.

Thank you.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Dec 02, 2017, 07:43 AM #1 Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 07:49 AM by Towelie
This does not, in any way prevent people from being feminists / pro gay rights and so on. In fact this server is multi cultural, multi faith, multi gender and very socially acceptive towards everyone.
It is still fine to be a feminist, gay rights defender, and so on. Just don't be "in people's faces" about that.

Example of an appropriate thing to say:
"I think gay people should be allowed to get married"
"I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married"

Example of a bad thing to say:
"I think gay people should be allowed to get married and if you don't agree with me you're a fucking moron"
"I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married and if you don't agree with me you're a fucking moron"

I think we each need to allow everyone to have their own opinion on something and while we should try to get them to see that their opinion is wrong, we should not do that by being idiotic SJW's.

NOTE: In my definition, SJW = person who forcibly imposes their beliefs on other people

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796