Terraria server coming soon

Started by Towelie, Dec 20, 2017, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 12:34 PMWill we at least be having Magic storage, recipe browser, boss checklist and the boss health bar mods @RallyReaper

All except Boss health bar because it don't work with rest of mods. I'm testing Magic Storage now

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 12:34 PMWill we at least be having Magic storage, recipe browser, boss checklist and the boss health bar mods @RallyReaper

All except Boss health bar because it don't work with rest of mods. I'm testing Magic Storage now

really Ive never had any issue with the health bar mod but Magic storage shouldn't clash with anything hopefully if it does time to make 100,000,000 chests
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 12:51 PM

really Ive never had any issue with the health bar mod but Magic storage shouldn't clash with anything hopefully if it does time to make 100,000,000 chests

Boss health bar just don't work for some reason. I've tried multiple times. it just crashes each time. As for magic storage it seems it may work. Only thing i'm debating on atm is if i wanna say screw it and throw in the Leveled mod and let everyone deal with the stronger mobs that sometimes spawn cause early, it's a pain to survive but later on it's ok.

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 12:58 PM

Boss health bar just don't work for some reason. I've tried multiple times. it just crashes each time. As for magic storage it seems it may work. Only thing i'm debating on atm is if i wanna say screw it and throw in the Leveled mod and let everyone deal with the stronger mobs that sometimes spawn cause early, it's a pain to survive but later on it's ok.

Yet another boss health bar works with the mods ive got but as for the op mobs if its on expert the mobs are op to begin with

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 01:12 PM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 12:58 PM

Yet another boss health bar works with the mods ive got but as for the op mobs if its on expert the mobs are op to begin with

Expert is a thing, because without it you can't get the boss bags, and alot of the best gear comes from boss bags. Even mods have boss bags. So no matter what, expert will be a thing. As for the Yet another boss bar, I just tried that one as well and something is interfering with it on my end. I currently have about 12-19 mods installed so i'm sure something is conflicted but i don't really see it as a needed mod if it's gonna make us remove like 5 to get it to work in the first place. As for the RPG one i was talking about. It would make it a bit harder, however the trade off is VERY good. Seeing as it can have you with a ton of HP and MP late game such as 900, with the damage and hp scaled. So a late boss would do ALOT of damage, where as a early boss would do nothing to a late game player. but do alot to a player who just started. Like a mmo would.

graven2603

What about mods that allow the ore/bars to be interchangeable so it allows everything to be created

This mod does a great job at that http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/imksushis-mod.34233/

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 01:59 PMWhat about mods that allow the ore/bars to be interchangeable so it allows everything to be created

This mod does a great job at that http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/imksushis-mod.34233/

I'll look into it. Atm i'm debating if i'm wanting to say screw it and enable the Leveled mod. It makes the beginning quite challenging but kinda balances itself after you get tungsten or platinum.

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 02:09 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 01:59 PMWhat about mods that allow the ore/bars to be interchangeable so it allows everything to be created

I'll look into it. Atm i'm debating if i'm wanting to say screw it and enable the Leveled mod. It makes the beginning quite challenging but kinda balances itself after you get tungsten or platinum.

Make a poll, and see if people want that enabled or not

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 02:18 PM

I would but i'm gonna test it out and decide if it's worth using for the time being. Cause even if i make a poll. people who don't wanna play are gonna vote and then it's gonna be contaminated.

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 05:25 PM

I would but i'm gonna test it out and decide if it's worth using for the time being. Cause even if i make a poll. people who don't wanna play are gonna vote and then it's gonna be contaminated.

Yeah i can see that but there is a leveling mod that is really good and allows you to focus on magic/strength/what ever range people use maybe Dex but idk and It makes the end game mobs harder while allowing the begining to stay easyish. I think its the same Mod ChippyGaming used

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 21, 2017, 05:25 PM

Yeah i can see that but there is a leveling mod that is really good and allows you to focus on magic/strength/what ever range people use maybe Dex but idk and It makes the end game mobs harder while allowing the begining to stay easyish. I think its the same Mod ChippyGaming used

This is the one i think we'll be using. It's more user friendly in my opinion.

one227

RallyReaper

RallyReaper

graven2603

How big will the spawn Be and can we build our own homes?, will there be size limits and will the homes for npc's at spawn and will people be able to move them or is there a way to prevent moving of the npc's? ( last of my questions for today at least)

HD

I can already feel the lag aura coming this way

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 11:33 PMHow big will the spawn Be and can we build our own homes?, will there be size limits and will the homes for npc's at spawn and will people be able to move them or is there a way to prevent moving of the npc's? ( last of my questions for today at least)

Spawn isn't gonna be HUGE for say, cause of the limited size of the world. Yes you can build your own home, Yes there will be a size limit for the homes as well to prevent over world from being overpopulated. NPCS will be unmovable sadly but this is for a valid reason... Mainly cause people can steal stuff if they actually get inside your home. Even with the protection. So the way we got around this is to simply block your doors before you log off, But this is also so that a player can't hoard all the NPCS in their house so instead the NPCS will be available at spawn.

Quote from: Halla on Dec 22, 2017, 06:03 AMI can already feel the lag aura coming this way

There isn't really lag on terraria. It runs better than vanilla minecraft on like low settings.

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 22, 2017, 10:01 AM
Quote from: Halla on Dec 22, 2017, 06:03 AMI can already feel the lag aura coming this way

There isn't really lag on terraria. It runs better than vanilla minecraft on like low settings.

Speaking of Lag there is a Boss in one of the mods ( calamity I think ) that will lag out players with not so high end pc's Its called the Cosmic space worm i think and is necessary to kill in order to progress in the mod, Is there a way around that?

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 22, 2017, 12:59 PM

Speaking of Lag there is a Boss in one of the mods ( calamity I think ) that will lag out players with not so high end pc's Its called the Cosmic space worm i think and is necessary to kill in order to progress in the mod, Is there a way around that?

Sadly no there is not. In order to progress it'll have to be killed. However, The only way i can see it lagging someone out is if they have no GPU/no ram. I can test it with blue later, cause he has no GPU currently. P.S: The boss you are probs thinking about is The Devourer of Gods

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 22, 2017, 01:53 PM

Sadly no there is not. In order to progress it'll have to be killed. However, The only way i can see it lagging someone out is if they have no GPU/no ram. I can test it with blue later, cause he has no GPU currently. P.S: The boss you are probs thinking about is The Devourer of Gods

Yeah that boss, Ive 8gb of ram and cant handle his fight but as long as someone is able to defeat him the world can progress

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 22, 2017, 02:02 PM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 22, 2017, 01:53 PM

Yeah that boss, Ive 8gb of ram and cant handle his fight but as long as someone is able to defeat him the world can progress

Well i'm sure someone will... I've just started playing on my legit character (Character i'll be playing on the server with) to test things out, make sure everythings do-able (Which it is) and so far. I love the Magic Storage... Best mod ever. If i do the giveaway starting the game, I may throw in like 2 Remote magic storage access items :3

graven2603

@RallyReaper does the Recipe browser work with the mods as well?

RallyReaper

graven2603

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 22, 2017, 03:18 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 22, 2017, 03:14 PM@RallyReaper does the Recipe browser work with the mods as well?

http://prntscr.com/hr1hip Sure does.

Yass now the wiki dosent have to be a requirement to play

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 22, 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 22, 2017, 03:18 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 22, 2017, 03:14 PM@RallyReaper does the Recipe browser work with the mods as well?

http://prntscr.com/hr1hip Sure does.

Yass now the wiki dosent have to be a requirement to play

Yeah i agree i hate having to alt tab just to look something up xD... So far though from what i've been testing. All seems doable. Challenging, but doable none the less...