Terraria server coming soon

Started by Towelie, Dec 20, 2017, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Dec 20, 2017, 07:55 AM Last Edit: Dec 20, 2017, 07:58 AM by Towelie
Thanks to @BluetigerESW, @RallyReaper and @blalp we have a Terraria server coming soon!
And I don't just mean a half assed terraria server that's gonna be around for a week then forgotten about, I mean a proper Terraria server with mods, and, get this, hopefully even Buycraft / premium shop (blalp is trying to re-write Buycraft to work with Terraria)

So I suggest you fire your Steam, start downloading Terraria and wait for the official announcement!
PS: When I say coming soon I don't mean coming soon like other servers (eg 1 year) I mean soon!

Let's hope this is the push away from Minecraft we needed! Props to you guys for your hard work!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/Terraria/

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HD

I already have Terreria, but if you are going to have Mods in it, do you need to download every single one individually or is there a way you can download it as a group?

I only recall a couple of good Mods that are loved by a lot of people, I'm sure they will be listed here ;)

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Halla on Dec 20, 2017, 08:29 AMI already have Terreria, but if you are going to have Mods in it, do you need to download every single one individually or is there a way you can download it as a group?

I only recall a couple of good Mods that are loved by a lot of people, I'm sure they will be listed here ;)

We're gonna create an installer that will install everything you need to join for you! :heart:
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

RallyReaper

Quote from: Halla on Dec 20, 2017, 08:29 AMI already have Terreria, but if you are going to have Mods in it, do you need to download every single one individually or is there a way you can download it as a group?

Hi, Currently I'm working on which mods will be used 100% currently we have many mods including RPG based ones. Even a Grief prevention mod. I am working on setting it up into a modpack for everyone to install however as mod browser supports this. However a link to the Mod browser will be linked once it's released for those who don't know how to get it! Worst case scenario Blue, Blahp and I will design a installer setup for the modpack/mod browser!

~Rallyreaper

TheStarNomad✯

Long time StarNomad

graven2603

Will the Mods include: tremor, calamity or spirit? ( sadly they dont work together T_T)  and will we be able to just use tModLoader to get the mods?
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Chocobo123456

Dec 20, 2017, 11:52 AM #7 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2017, 12:06 PM by Chocobo123456
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 20, 2017, 11:35 AMWill the Mods include: tremor, calamity or spirit? ( sadly they dont work together T_T)  and will we be able to just use tModLoader to get the mods?

I mean i have all three of these mods in my tmodlaucner and it works perfectly fine. Also using Tmodloader is fantastic to have and not that hard to use. Also if you need help than I'd be down to provide a tutorial for this on how to download tmodloader and how to get it all sat up and everything ^_^

*If we use mods lets use calamity and put on death mode >:)*

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 20, 2017, 11:35 AMWill the Mods include: tremor, calamity or spirit? ( sadly they dont work together T_T)  and will we be able to just use tModLoader to get the mods?

It does work with all three. I've tried.
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 20, 2017, 11:52 AM

I mean i have all three of these mods in my tmodlaucner and it works perfectly fine. Also using Tmodloader is fantastic to have and not that hard to use. Also if you need help than I'd be down to provide a tutorial for this on how to download tmodloader and how to get it all sat up and everything ^_^
We most likely will setup a installer for it ;)

Chocobo123456

You know what would be fun, Having teams so we can all fight each other like groups of people or teams ^_^ (mostly cause i want to kill graven...)

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

RallyReaper

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 20, 2017, 12:07 PMYou know what would be fun, Having teams so we can all fight each other like groups of people or teams ^_^ (mostly cause i want to kill graven...)

You could kill eachother if you wish if you enable PvP and fight each other. But you couldn't just run around and kill anyone. It don't work that way.

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Dec 20, 2017, 12:44 PMI love terraria

Same! Currently we (And I really mean I) am working on the spawn as well as figuring out how the player protection works etc. And we've figured out that players will need to tell a staff member to protect their home for them, and to 100% insure your stuff is safe, you'll have to block your doors before logging out so players can't open them and steal your stuff. or just store it in vault/piggy bank haha.

RallyReaper

Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 20, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 20, 2017, 12:07 PMYou know what would be fun, Having teams so we can all fight each other like groups of people or teams ^_^ (mostly cause i want to kill graven...)

You could kill eachother if you wish if you enable PvP and fight each other. But you couldn't just run around and kill anyone. It don't work that way.

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Dec 20, 2017, 12:44 PMI love terraria

Same! Currently we (And I really mean I) am working on the spawn as well as figuring out how the player protection works etc. And we've figured out that players will need to tell a staff member to protect their home for them, and to 100% insure your stuff is safe, you'll have to block your doors before logging out so players can't open them and steal your stuff. or just store it in vault/piggy bank haha.

And on a side note that i just thought of as well, we are also working on permissions for people to buy via buycraft, as well as exclusive items, And due to the low amount of ram required to run the server, technically we could have multiple as terraria's worlds aren't really designed for vast amounts of players. but we're working on that as well... Currently though, House protection limit size is probs gonna be about 24x36 or something like that. But yeah... We also have a good way to check for cheaters, and people who do cheat will be banned/kicked etc. Day the server comes out i'll probs do a give away as a celebration if @BluetigerESW is fine with it as well.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

graven2603

I forgot about thorium. Can never get tremor to work at least not with Calamity, spirit or Thorium that's why I cant use tremor because Thorium clashes (¬_¬)

Bring it Boi!!!

Chocobo123456

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Dec 20, 2017, 04:19 PMWhat is terraria
@Lucy_23x To sum it up in a few words.

2d minecraft with new things

RallyReaper

Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 20, 2017, 06:24 PM

I forgot about thorium. Can never get tremor to work at least not with Calamity, spirit or Thorium that's why I cant use tremor because Thorium clashes (¬_¬)

Bring it Boi!!!

Well it's definatally working right now. It's Spirit, Tremor, Calamity and Thorium are all working, and not conflicting at all.

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Dec 20, 2017, 04:19 PMWhat is terraria

As chocobo said, It's like a side scrolling 2D Heavily RPG based minecraft.

RallyReaper

For the PvP I decided to create a PvP Bridge for everyone to use for their pvp battles if they want. It's a WIP but so far only the stairs are done.

Chocobo123456

@RallyReaper  Why not use the Gem blocks instead of Water and Lava? Would be a lot less dangerous to players instead of using the lava. Also can have some random dart traps if your really that evil...

RallyReaper

Dec 21, 2017, 08:18 AM #19 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2017, 09:57 AM by RallyReaper
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 20, 2017, 10:59 PM@RallyReaper  Why not use the Gem blocks instead of Water and Lava? Would be a lot less dangerous to players instead of using the lava. Also can have some random dart traps if your really that evil...

I was actually thinking the same thing. cause i wanted to get 1 of each color team thing. I also decided changing it from the stairs to the bridge itself.

Update: I changed the Water and Lava to Living Fire due to the fact Gem's looked out of place, and when it rained it would flood the water, and turn the lava into obsidian... On other news, More info I wanted to share. The world is set to Expert mode due to alot of gear being expert only. (All this means, is the monsters, and bosses are a bit stronger than usual and have unique powerful moves, as well as drops that are MUCH better than others as seen here: https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Treasure_Bag Upon killing a boss it will reward the players who helped kill it with a treasure bag that contains 1 guaranteed powerful item, as a example the Eye of Cthulhu drops Shield of Cthulhu which allows the player to dash into enemies dealing damage which scales depending on the class you choose, Speaking of which the RPG Mod is 100% a thing by the way. It allows the player to choose a class in the beginning and every time you level you do more damage with those types of weapons. As a EG: I chose Sage, So I get 0.8% damage boost every boss after the first one i kill.)

graven2603

Dec 21, 2017, 10:19 AM #20 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2017, 10:26 AM by graven2603
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 20, 2017, 08:57 PM

Bring it Boi!!!

Well it's definatally working right now. It's Spirit, Tremor, Calamity and Thorium are all working, and not conflicting at all.

I wonder which of my mods is conflicting and preventing all 4 from working together, but there is a good RPG mod that is out that gives EX and levels you up with skill points are we going to be using that mod? (sure you become uber op but still) oh and what about the treasure bag mod/boss token mod which help with getting items that drop from bosses and gives era specific loot?

RallyReaper

Dec 21, 2017, 10:29 AM #21 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2017, 10:38 AM by RallyReaper Reason: Dunking intensifies
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 21, 2017, 10:19 AM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Dec 20, 2017, 08:57 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Dec 20, 2017, 11:35 AMWill the Mods include: tremor, calamity or spirit? ( sadly they dont work together T_T)  and will we be able to just use tModLoader to get the mods?

Bring it Boi!!!

I wonder which of my mods is conflicting and preventing all 4 from working together, but there is a good RPG mod that is out that gives EX and levels you up with skill points are we going to be using that mod? (sure you become uber op but still) oh and what about the treasure bag mod/boss token mod which help with getting items that drop from bosses and gives era specific loot?

The RPG Exp one will not work with the mods we have currently as monsters that are too strong will spawn in low level areas. and the way that mod works makes it so the higher their level, the weaker your damage is to them. I tested it with a end game weapon at level 1 against lvl 20 that spawned near the server spawn and it was hitting 4's and it hit me once and did 800... So yeah, that mods not gonna happen xD... As for the other one, the boss token/bag one, I will look into it and discuss/test with bluetiger at some point.

Also... Dunked on.

Chocobo123456

@RallyReaper If you want to theres a mod called Experience and classes which is a lot like what you were mentioning - the mobs being powerful as well. For example every new player with this mode would start out with a novice token and this would give you +.5 hp per level up(Leveling up involves killing mobs and stuff lol) After 10 you can change off into the novice token and turn it into a class specific token. In this case I choose the Rouge token which is more towards throwing and getting behind the enemy. After that I gain up to 25 levels I can change that token to Ninja which is more throwing based. The  General gist is that its kinda fun, also you can put a level limit on the server in the config files to pervent people from going over the top.

(I know Ninja gets stupid with a lot of levels as 100+% crit chance is nothing to laugh at)

RallyReaper

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 21, 2017, 12:15 PM@RallyReaper If you want to theres a mod called Experience and classes which is a lot like what you were mentioning - the mobs being powerful as well. For example every new player with this mode would start out with a novice token and this would give you +.5 hp per level up(Leveling up involves killing mobs and stuff lol) After 10 you can change off into the novice token and turn it into a class specific token. In this case I choose the Rouge token which is more towards throwing and getting behind the enemy. After that I gain up to 25 levels I can change that token to Ninja which is more throwing based. The  General gist is that its kinda fun, also you can put a level limit on the server in the config files to pervent people from going over the top.

(I know Ninja gets stupid with a lot of levels as 100+% crit chance is nothing to laugh at)

I know about experience and classes. sadly with the overhaul mods it won't work due to underleveled players, and overleveled monsters as i said.

The big issue is the fact that the overhauls add new mobs that the EXP and Class mod don't cover and because of that, you end up with small tanks, and OP slimes spawning in lvl 1-5 areas. Which is a VERY big problem.

graven2603

Will we at least be having Magic storage, recipe browser, boss checklist and the boss health bar mods @RallyReaper