Apr 25, 2024, 05:39 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

The holidays are about accepting others and being good...

Started by Towelie, Dec 24, 2017, 05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I would just like to point out that the Holiday Spirit is about accepting others and being good, not being an elitist snob.

I won't name any names but a player (a new player) has sent me a message saying this:

Quote[6:54 PM] Name hidden: Hey, just wanted to ask if there's a chance the server is too big for extra people to join in. Every single "old" player has been very elitist on who they allow to participate and it's driving me away from even looking at what people say. Anytime I say "Hello," I don't even hear the crickets chirp. And when I mention how I think people need to be more welcoming everyone turns defensive and keeps repeating "no no no no" without arguments, or repeating the same argument without explaining it. I really don't feel welcome in the server and have experienced this many times on other places. I know those are bound to fall appart as these older members leave and newers are driven away. I didn't want to start arguing directly with everyone because that's simply not helpful, so I decided to take it to you privately as to not start too much commotion.

In short, I really feel like the community is very much closed and I don't want to make a big deal about it, but it does not make me want to be a part of it.

Got any opinions by chance?

Now, I have one simple message. Everyone treating new players like that - you are not welcome on SFT. I have zero need for players who turn other players away. Either apologize, or find another gaming community to play on because this will not be tolerated.

Can we please be accepting and welcome towards the new players? A breath of new players is what SFT needs to survive and some of you guys are turning new players away... Pretty sad and despicable.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796