Mar 28, 2024, 04:55 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Reminder] Patreon

Started by Towelie, Jan 08, 2018, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I would like to remind everyone to support us on Patreon, as we need your help! https://www.patreon.com/sftmedia
Become a Patreon supporter now, for awesome unique rewards and perks.

"But Towelie, stop begging for money".
Yeah, about that. This month, I sent SFT $150 and I paid for the Main machine (where Surv + Pix are) for 1 month ($160), and also extended the webserver ($80) for another month and paid $50 for ads.
That's $290 from my personal wage this month. This has got to stop. Because I am fed up with struggling with money due to sending money to SFT. Because I didn't work on Christmas (25,26 dec) and New Year (1st, 2nd of january) to make more money to pay for SFT.
So I legit don't give even the least fuck for the people who are like "stop begging for money". Well, when you will pay for SFT from your own pocket, you will be entitled to say that, otherwise, please don't.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

boomonstervi

Thanks tow for paying for us it really does mean a lot. For those who cannot pay lets make sure to vote daily so that all this money is worth it.

Scout205

Updated my pedge from $5 to $10.  Will increase as much as my paycheck allows.

Sharkfowl

Tow, please don't take offense from this, as it is only some constructive criticism.

Have you ever thought that some people think it's not worth paying for? Here are some suggestions I can think of from the top of my mind to bring players back and make SFT great again.

1. Remove the No Reimbursement Policy, all it does is save mods time and makes the victims suffer.
2. Add better patreon rewards, the Discord ranks only make your name look a little fancier. And the Donator rank in-game is garbage.
3. Make /fly free for god's sake.. Ender's the only one who really pays it and that only happens every month or so, turning /fly on will give people the ability to build and travel with ease.
4. Get rid of protections on structures, there's valuable loot in there. Not only would it start a sort of 'Diamond Rush' but it will give people a reason to get back online.

5. Actually let people apply for mod!

And finally,
6. Get rid of the protection of flowers in w2. This is utterly ridiculous and shouldn't be a thing. Both of the worlds even after resets, are filled with protected land. Removing the protection on that would not only give people space to build, but it could pump money into the economy as well by selling the flowers.

I've been playing SFT since I was 10, and it kills me to watch it suffer like this. I hope you consider some of my ideas.

-Sharkfowl

blakus87

Allow me to cut I here. @Sharkfowl

1.  This is survival. It's not survival until you die them you get your stuff back. The bcv rules for activity are in place to keep the worlds from getting full so we don't have to reset all the time.

2. Patreon gives you a certain amount of shop credit depending on your level of tier so you can purchase what you want.

3. Again this is survival.

4. This isn't factions. People have a right to protect their belongings.

5. You can apply for jmod and eventhosts. They are the base staff positions and you need to have experience before moving up to mod.

6. Not all the flower biomes are protected. Some are left to preserve them to keep the world pretty. Same as villages and sea temples.

Sharkfowl

1. When buildings are removed for no reason at all, like my house was, there's nothing mods can do about it and people like me are left to suffer.
2. Only tier 2+ gives you store credit, and the cheapest is 10$ a month for only 7.5 store credit a month.
3. 'Survival' where there's a kajillion plugins, and unused protected land.
4. I am talking about the natural structures, I apologize for not being clear on that.
5. I was wrong about that.
6. Used to keep secluded forests nobody goes to 'pretty'

blakus87

Quote from: Sharkfowl on Jan 08, 2018, 09:03 PM1. When buildings are removed for no reason at all, like my house was, there's nothing mods can do about it and people like me are left to suffer.
2. Only tier 2+ gives you store credit, and the cheapest is 10$ a month for only 7.5 store credit a month.
3. 'Survival' where there's a kajillion plugins, and unused protected land.
4. I am talking about the natural structures, I apologize for not being clear on that.
5. I was wrong about that.
6. Used to keep secluded forests nobody goes to 'pretty'

I'll gladly take this to pm as to not clutter this topic.

Sharkfowl

This might just be a pet-peeve but instead of saying 'Due to your donations', when thanking everyone. Maybe say 'Thanks to your' or something cause due to kind of makes it sound like its a bad thing people are donating. This was my last post and I hope you considered these towelie.

ctyfrmr

All I have to say is "WOW!"

SpeashuLK

Tow is shelling out 300$ for  US to play while he works IRL... And we are arguing about flowers... Anyways.

I don't mean to sounds like a jerk but I am pretty sure there are enough adults on here able to donate.
If you take the stats that are located on the forum and Patreon website we have 1/3 of the player base able to make some form of electronic payment.
Of that number 1/3 of whom are current Patreon supporters.

I started my pledge to be a Tier 4 Patreon supporter 9 months ago.
I am on and off
I would really like to be on more often, but I am sick.
I pay no less than 200$ per month on my medication.
My daughter was born in October of 2016.
While I was on parental leave my restaurant was shut down at the end of March.
I got paid Insurance money until Mid September.
I've been living off of my savings since.
40$ a month to Patreon.. that is actually converted to 53$-55$ of MY currency.

I still donate

I can't tell you how to budget your $$ but it could be 1 or 2 coffees a month by 5 more people to make the world of a difference.

Just sayin

I will try to vote more when I am on, I kinda slipped on that a bit even though the rewards are better now.

Towelie

Quote from: SpeashuLK on Jan 12, 2018, 12:53 PMTow is shelling out 300$ for  US to play while he works IRL... And we are arguing about flowers... Anyways.

I don't mean to sounds like a jerk but I am pretty sure there are enough adults on here able to donate.
If you take the stats that are located on the forum and Patreon website we have 1/3 of the player base able to make some form of electronic payment.
Of that number 1/3 of whom are current Patreon supporters.

I started my pledge to be a Tier 4 Patreon supporter 9 months ago.
I am on and off
I would really like to be on more often, but I am sick.
I pay no less than 200$ per month on my medication.
My daughter was born in October of 2016.
While I was on parental leave my restaurant was shut down at the end of March.
I got paid Insurance money until Mid September.
I've been living off of my savings since.
40$ a month to Patreon.. that is actually converted to 53$-55$ of MY currency.

I still donate

I can't tell you how to budget your $$ but it could be 1 or 2 coffees a month by 5 more people to make the world of a difference.

Just sayin

I will try to vote more when I am on, I kinda slipped on that a bit even though the rewards are better now.

Thank you very very much for your support! It's highly appreciated.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796