Mar 28, 2024, 06:03 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

SurvivalHardcore - Beta over and what next?

Started by Towelie, Jan 06, 2018, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The SurvivalHardcore beta is now over. We are doing finishing touches such as adding a spawn, updating some plugins and fixing some bugs.
Then it will be launched, added to BungeeCord and it will be accesible if:

- You are a Patreon supporter https://patreon.com/sftmedia
- You have at least 2000 votes
- You purchase one of the SurvivalHardcore subscriptions or lifetime packages (coming soon)

Until then, I NEED YOU, the beta contributors to give me feedback. So people who participated such as @SpeashuLK @misspiggy95 @Moppeh_ and others, please give me feedback.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Kirbyhand

Remind me again, where do we submit bugs?

ohWalrus

-FrostyWalrus hey tow here's some feedback.

Positive, overall good there's no server lag at all.

Negative,
There needs to be a no build area from spawn for a certain amount of blocks so people don't build right there. [protected area by you]

Also don't you think maybe like The donators for survival could join because we spend money for not a lot of perks. And we have to buy glow, etc as an extra when we only get like 5 perks or less I forgot
Survival Tycoon and Benefactor
Creative and Loot Architect

toxic_foxtrot

lol I tried to login on hardcore and was not white listed. I was all like wtf!  Then I read this...

I can second what Arctic_Walrus said about building near spawn. Other than that I like it exactly as it is, HARDCORE! RIP op house and diamonds, enchantment table blah blah blah.

Really though @Towelie, I think if you can keep it as vanilla as possible that would be really cool.

thanks
toxic

Towelie

Aye, will do. Some finishing touches are being made now, spawn is being added and we will add a buffer zone of 20-30 blocks where nobody can build.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

SpeashuLK

I had much fun.

Spawn should be protected.

I hope the map is bigger
like this was this a standard sized map?
Maybe it felt smaller because I was running for my life.

I hope all biomes are included. and all animals etc. (I never found the jungle or an ocelot because I found a happy place and started doing my thing)

If I ever make it to The End, not sure how I could beat up a dragon yet.

I am pretty sure twice that when I made something on my crafting table and  ECS. my items did not return and my item was not made. I do not have hard proof of this, So if no one else noticed that then, meh.

Exiting properly was important. If I did not exit properly then sometimes upon re-logging I would log on dead. After your comment about logging, I was more thorough and did not have further incidents. This is the very delayed feedback.

When the server first started, after I died my items would stick around and if I managed to find them again they would be there. After a few days, this no longer occurred. I kinda liked the items still being there. I understand this is hardcore though.

I understand that advertising and the messages ( all forms of auto msg)  that pop up on the chat are important. I do no personally enjoy the frequency and I humbly request if it is possible to adjust/ delay the frequency just a bit? We kinda earned less reminders maybe? I dunno.

Towelie

+Expanded map from 1500 to 2500 after @SpeashuLK 's comment. There is no way to ensure all biomes are present without making a huge map which in turn would pose a problem, but increasing it another 1000 shoudl hopefully give more diversity

+The crafting table bug - I am not able to reproduce :S

+ Exiting properly - I could add a plugin that gives invincibility for the first ~5 seconds when joining but I fear that it would be abused. Also, logging out in the right place should be a thing of its own you have to watch for.

+ Increased the timing between auto broadcasts from 2min to 5min.

+ Increased item despawn timer from 5min to 10min. That means that best case scenario you have 10 minutes until your items dissapear. In practice, this will be random, because an item clear occurs every 10 min, but you can have the bad luck to die at like 5 seconds before an item clear.

SpeashuLK

My mistake... So when you die,  you get kicked.
Well, when I was logging back on sometimes I was just dead and told to come back in another 30 mins.
This pic is from our convo about it.

I eliminated this by logging back on after death, confirming the 30 minute time and logging off again.
Afterwards, I never had the death problem again.

toxic_foxtrot

@Towelie when will you be whitelisting qualifying candidates again?

thanks
toxic

Towelie

Quote from: toxic_foxtrot on Jan 14, 2018, 02:03 AM@Towelie when will you be whitelisting qualifying candidates again?

thanks
toxic
Hopefully within a week or two when we finish some last minute changes.